Roderick

Feminism

People around here say yinz.  I would not recommend saying yinz.

According to that, y'all, youse and yinz all derive from the same Scots-Irish source.  I never would have guessed that.

Hmmm, "folks" is closest, though it feels a little olde time...

I just say "guys" to talk about everybody. I also call my mum and girlfriend "dude" casually though (which has never phased them, but gets weird looks from bystanders), so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

Hmmm, "folks" is closest, though it feels a little olde time...

I default to folks, it was odd at first but now it's kinda my style.

You can borrow it if you'd like.

I looooooove the-toast.net.  Mallory Ortberg is one of my favorite writers:

http://the-toast.net/2014/05/20/time-ive-ever-connecticut/

(her misandry reads a bit harsh at times, but articles like this (http://the-toast.net/2013/09/24/lullabies-misandrists/) make me laugh uncontrollably)

Yes, The Toast is consistently one of my favorite websites to visit. Mallory is truly wonderful.

One of my favorite bits that she has ever written: http://the-toast.net/2013/11/15/empowered-female-heroine/

"She strolled up to the bar and planted a firm-yet-sexy pump-encased foot down on the rail. The bartender looked at her and started pulling out little frilly umbrellas and Malibu and speared slices of ********* to make some kind of girl drink, but she held up her hand. “A whiskey,” she said, her voice low in her throat. “Neat.”

Behind her the pool table exploded. Every man in the bar immediately grew a beard. The jukebox made a record-scratching sound, even though it was an mp3-playing jukebox."

Edit: I forgot that ********* is banned on this forum.

Yes, The Toast is consistently one of my favorite websites to visit. Mallory is truly wonderful.

One of my favorite bits that she has ever written: http://the-toast.net/2013/11/15/empowered-female-heroine/

"She strolled up to the bar and planted a firm-yet-sexy pump-encased foot down on the rail. The bartender looked at her and started pulling out little frilly umbrellas and Malibu and speared slices of ********* to make some kind of girl drink, but she held up her hand. “A whiskey,” she said, her voice low in her throat. “Neat.”

Behind her the pool table exploded. Every man in the bar immediately grew a beard. The jukebox made a record-scratching sound, even though it was an mp3-playing jukebox."

Edit: I forgot that ********* is banned on this forum.

"Then she kicked another guy through a window, and he fell all the way."  That last bit of detail is worded so perfectly.

I haven't been here long enough to understand why ********* is banned, but I approve.

I'm almost 100% confident that there's no actual reason for banning *********.

p1neapple

You just have to pay money to join the pineapple club.

Yeah, I thought it was BS at first when the Idle Forums went freemium, but the pineapple club is pretty sweet and totally worth the $20 monthly.

I don't know about this feminism stuff. Just lots of random swearing, it seems to me.

I do like pineapples, though.

It's hard, because you have to pay in *********s, which you can only get by going to *********.

You need to have done a great service to the Idle Thumbs community to be entrusted with the ability to say videogames. You must demonstrate your ability to use it only for good.

Don't know why I have it, maybe something's broken.