Roderick

Feminism

Hmm. :getmecoat

Well. at least you didn't dress her up as Link.

again blonde bimbos :(

I'll be the first to admit I'm not much into the blonde bombshell type (No, Scarlette Johanason is not the hottest thing this side of Mars, shut up, etc) but come on Muerte. A little Linkage never hurt anyone.

(Oh gods, look what I've done. Excuse me, off to vomit that pun up.)

What the HELL, thread! You're a loose cannon! Give me your gun and badge!

But Chief! FemLink is only a week away from retirement! She can't take down the Patriarchy all by herself!

But Chief! FemLink is only a week away from retirement! She can't take down the Patriarchy all by herself!

Thread, this is the sloppiest page I've ever seen! You're way out of line! You're off the case!

Thread, this is the sloppiest page I've ever seen! You're way out of line! You're off the case!

Looks like this thread is just going to have to say, "screw the system", and go rogue. All in the name of justice.

Looks like this thread is just going to have to say, "screw the system", and go rogue. All in the name of justice.

As long as you get results! I got (insert higher-ranking organization here) breathin' down my neck! :(

Ok but seriously guys. Commenting philosophically on who or what type of lady you do or do not find attractive and how progressive that does or does not make you and making jokes about boob sizes is kind of the worst tangent.

The problem with the femShep is not hair color. Hell, Starbuck was blonde. The problem is that hair color/style was the only difference between their over-eyelined anime-smooth faces and the armor still has boob plates and is basically designed to be as close to skintight as you can get without making up some bullshit about bulletproof spandex. She was designed to be as conventionally attractive as possible, and that is wearisome and sad. But hell, all the guys in that sort of game look pretty much the same too, with square jaws and stubble and big muscles, and I guess that just puts their across the board lousy character design abilities in evidence.

The problem with the femShep is not hair color. Hell, Starbuck was blonde. The problem is that hair color/style was the only difference between their over-eyelined anime-smooth faces and the armor still has boob plates and is basically designed to be as close to skintight as you can get without making up some bullshit about bulletproof spandex. She was designed to be as conventionally attractive as possible, and that is wearisome and sad. But hell, all the guys in that sort of game look pretty much the same too, with square jaws and stubble and big muscles, and I guess that just puts their across the board lousy character design abilities in evidence.

MaleShep has spandex armor too:

Mass_Effect_Shepard.jpg

So... welcome to the future of engineered bodies?

I think this discussion is done, Sal. MaleShep was designed to be as attractive as possible, so was FemShep. I don't think you can say much more than that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=727&stc=1&d=1312562061

Also, "Option C" was there to make a point, not just plaster boobs on the site: That character is a REAL video game character, and that's exactly how she appears in the game. It's absurd. FemShep is at least not that, and as far as video games go, in my mind there are much better targets to complain about.

post-94-13375603418264_thumb.jpg

Boobplates. One carefully curved boobplate per boob. Does maleShep have carefully carved pecs in his armor? No. His body armor looks like real life body armor does, if a little more futuristic. Hers does not. Also, massive amounts of eyeliner.

Just because it's not as bad as it could be or usually is (e.g. Soul Calibur) doesn't mean it's good.

Also, Thunderpeel, I did say this:

But hell, all the guys in that sort of game look pretty much the same too, with square jaws and stubble and big muscles, and I guess that just puts their across the board lousy character design abilities in evidence.

The point I'm trying to make is that the problem isn't that she's blonde, and yes, people who are going "sigh, another blonde bimbo" have some kind of weird problem with blondes; but the reaction is understandable because it's the same thing over and over and over in video games: oversexualized female characters whose main design feature is HELLO I AM FEMALE LOOK BOOBS AND PRETTY FACE. The complaints are valid; they may be aimed at a less ridiculous thing than, say, Lara Croft, but this happens because it could be so good and yet it fell short.

Boobplates. One carefully curved boobplate per boob. Does maleShep have carefully carved pecs in his armor? No. His body armor looks like real life body armor does, if a little more futuristic. Hers does not. Also, massive amounts of eyeliner.

Just because it's not as bad as it could be or usually is doesn't mean it's good.

I do agree with you. All I can say is: Sexiness does not equal sexism. It feels like you're complaining because she's designed to look sexy?