Sign in to follow this  
JoannaDark

Tattoooooooo

like 'Gears of War 3' written across your buttocks.

The "o" would line up perfectly with the anus though, which is pretty neat.

Reading this thread, I've realised that tattoos should either be iconic (as with JD's) or allude to something (like the 'Corley's Motors' logo, or something). They shouldn't be obvious (like 'Gears of War 3' written across your buttocks).

I can see it as a coffee table book now: "Thunderpeel's Guide to Tasteful Tattooing".

edit: with footnotes by toblix.

The "o" would line up perfectly with the anus though, which is pretty neat.

I'm very sad that I didn't notice this myself. I would have written 'Gears f War 3' and seen if anyone would have gotten it.

I'm very sad that I didn't notice this myself. I would have written 'Gears f War 3' and seen if anyone would have gotten it.

That would definitely be more in line with the level of sophistication I've come to expect from you. What's the matter, losing your edge?

I can see it as a coffee table book now: "Thunderpeel's Guide to Tasteful Tattooing".

Other things:

Avoid the lower back (unless you're homeless - you could probably score some comedy money).

Don't get one that says 'Mom', that's just creepy.

If you're going to get a Chinese symbol, take a Chinese speaking friend along to make sure it means what you think it does. Especially if you're planning to work for a Chinese company, meet your fiancé's Chinese parents, and/or move to China.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

That would definitely be more in line with the level of sophistication I've come to expect from you. What's the matter, losing your edge?

I'm leaving all anus-related humour to you from now on.

I'm leaving all anus-related humour to you from now on.

I won't let you down.

I'd read that. I was thinking of getting a lower back tattoo of an eagle wrapped in barbed wire carrying a parchment that has a picture of a broken heart, held together by some more barbed wire, with "MOM" written on the grenade handle top of the heart. The whole thing would be bordered with this awesome tribal thing with US and Confederate flags and huge explosion on the background.

Any suggestions?

If you're going to get a Chinese symbol, take a Chinese speaking friend along to make sure it means what you think it does. Especially if you're planning to work for a Chinese company, meet your fiancé's Chinese parents, and/or move to China.

I once ordered a t-shirt with "Cheap Noodles" written in Chinese. I bet it actually said "Love Conquers All" or something.

. I was thinking of getting a lower back tattoo of an eagle wrapped in barbed wire carrying a parchment that has a picture of a broken heart, held together by some more barbed wire, with "MOM" written on the grenade handle top of the heart. The whole thing would be bordered with this awesome tribal thing with US and Confederate flags and huge explosion on the background.

Any suggestions?

needs more swastika. otherwise, perf.

I like the ones Steve Purcell puts on his Sam And Max background characters - "BORN TO WRESTLE DINOSAURS UNTIL JESUS COMES BACK OR I DIE", that sort of thing.

I'd read that. I was thinking of getting a lower back tattoo of an eagle wrapped in barbed wire carrying a parchment that has a picture of a broken heart, held together by some more barbed wire, with "MOM" written on the grenade handle top of the heart. The whole thing would be bordered with this awesome tribal thing with US and Confederate flags and huge explosion on the background.

I put that into my Bad-O-Meter and it was so bad it actually went round to "Good". Well done :tup:

Since I started studying English in uni I've been thinking of getting something that was either a direct copy or a homage to Anglo-Saxon art, like this. Actually, there was a period when Viking influences came in and the art from that time is very interesting and more suitable for tattoos. Probably on my arm close to my shoulder. Haven't gotten one yet, but actually that example I just found by googling is very suitable...

I have a ton of moles, and one scattering on my right upper arm look like Ursa Major.

If ever I decide to take the plunge, and work out what inks I can use (I'm allergic to things), I'm getting them joined up with a dotted line, like you see in star charts.

Also I think, based on Thunderpeel's advice, I'll get a facial tattoo of a naked mermaid hugging a white tiger.