Sign in to follow this  
JoannaDark

Tattoooooooo

hi everyone!

it's been a while, but i felt an overwhelming need to share my latest addition with a group of people who won't look at me blankly when i explain what this is and where it's from;

IMG_0619.jpg

i'm now in love with my ankle.

Is your whole leg new? Is that why it is in clingfilm? I am coming from a point of ignorance. WILLING TO LEARN.

Edit: Oh and sweet Mr. Saturn tattoo!

It's Mr. Saturn, right?

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

a group of people who won't look at me blankly when i explain what this is and where it's from

I'm totally not going to look at you blankly.

I do not know Mr Saturn.

I never played any of Earthbound games.

I, for one, have actually played Earthbound and think that is a rad Mr. Saturn tattoo.

I assume it's to prevent the evil from leaking out. Tattoos are the worship of Satan, so says the Catholic church.

It must be that, right?

Either way, I'm not big on tattoos, and I'm really not sure if I was that I'd get a direct reference to a video-game.

Cool tattoo!

I think they wrap it to prevent clots of congealed pus and flakes of infected cells from falling everywhere while the body's immune system adapts to the new, coloured skin.

Tattoos should always be covered and kept dry while they heal (there is some scabbing, and if this gets knocked/washed off then it can take a lot of the ink with it and you end up with a crappy tattoo). They used to use general medical dressings but I guess the cool kids now have transparent dressings.

That's cool by the way, and nice clean lines; good work. Oh and fab shoes!

Maybe too much glam for me in the shoes, but I sure as hell find that a damn rad tatoo

Either way, I'm not big on tattoos, and I'm really not sure if I was that I'd get a direct reference to a video-game.

I have analyzed the image posted in this thread and you're in luck. I have come to the conclusion that it's neither your leg, nor your tattoo, so you're completely alright. :tup:

Oh, I would never wear them either.

Oh I wouldn't say never, but it'd have to be quite a specific context. Like if we were invaded by aliens alergic to fabulousness or if I wanted to change a lightbulb in a cathedral or something.

thanks everyone! the fancy plastic wrap is clingfilm, i suspect the cool kids use it these days cos it's cheaper than proper medical dressing :) i'm planning an okami one next.

just out of curiosity, would you get an indirect reference to a video game as a tattoo? if so, what is an indirect reference to a video game?

A Mr Saturn seems kinda indirect to me. You need to play for around 6 hours at least before getting to Saturn Valley, as I recall. It's not like you got "EARTHBOUND" written across your chest or something. At any rate, sweet tat, Jo! Also, welcome back and stick around!

I have analyzed the image posted in this thread and you're in luck. I have come to the conclusion that it's neither your leg, nor your tattoo, so you're completely alright. :tup:

I'm not sure, I have this oddly shaped scar on my leg where this hippie bit me. I'm worried it might be a tattoo. . .

just out of curiosity, would you get an indirect reference to a video game as a tattoo? if so, what is an indirect reference to a video game?

That was, perhaps a bit vague, and I can definitely agree with Miffys point. If I were to get something video game related it'd probably be a symbol from something, less than a character or say, vehicle. Or something that could be interpreted as a symbol.

Say (if I were even remotely a Halo person), the Halo plasma sword. Or the Assassin's Creed symbol that they've seemed to take for all of their games. (The triangle with the curved bottom)

I actually considered a tattoo of Zeus for a long while, for a dual reason of;

- Age of Mythology is probably my favorite game ever

- I actually believe in the Greek Pantheon, and that's an incredibly long story that'll have to happen another time.

But I'd probably just par it down to a hand with a bolt of lightning.

Long explanation, short payoff. I'm becoming a politician.

Don't put the bolt of lightning on your forehead.

:grin:

It would be on my shoulder or shoulderblade, likely.

I'm not that stupid! :mock:

thanks, miffy! good to be back!

It's not like you got "EARTHBOUND" written across your chest or something.

i should totally do this...

Or "MOTHER 2" but that'd be kind of weird.

Reading this thread, I've realised that tattoos should either be iconic (as with JD's) or allude to something (like the 'Corley's Motors' logo, or something). They shouldn't be obvious (like 'Gears of War 3' written across your buttocks).