Raff

Dishonored - or - GIFs By Breckon

None of the people you're targeting are good, none of the people who assign your target are good, and none of the actions you take have good outcomes. It's really a choice between kill and suffer rather than spare.

Started the PC version after having played the console version since release.  Huh, maybe it's my history with Thief 1&2 but this feels more natural with a mouse.  Keeping in mind that I enjoy WASD and gamepad equally in FPS.  Hooray for Dishonored New Years any way =)

I think it's unfortunate that putting a whale out of it's misery in a mission is just a means to get a quest item.  I'd rather it had been just an optional act of mercy, or better yet some way to free the poor thing.  Probably mentioned countless times before when the levels were released but that'll stick with me.  Lovely game beyond that gripe.

I just had to make a choice between assassinating this lady at a party or knocking her unconscious and bringing her down to some random dude in a basement who proclaimed his love for her and promised he would whisk her away, never to be heard from again and that he was hopeful that she would one day "learn to love him". I'm not sure which is a crueler fate but I ended up deciding to let her live. Surprisingly, none of the guards at the party seemed to care that I was carrying an unconscious woman down to the basement and I was able to just casually stroll down there and hand her off like it was no big deal.

I feel like I did a gross thing.

Were you jumping? I know they don't react if you're doing that while carrying her. Otherwise they definitely should!

Not that I recall. I know at one point earlier in the mission the guards didn't want me to go down there but once I knocked her out and was carrying her, I remember just being able to stroll down there right past some maids and guards without anyone saying a thing. I distinctly remember worrying about how I was going to sneak past everyone with an unconscious woman strewn over my shoulder and then finding that nobody seemed to care or notice. Maybe they just assumed she was passed out drunk?

Apologies for thread necromancy, but I finally played the Dishonored DLCs. I was most thrilled when the final credits for Brigmore Witches started rolling, and the first entry is 'Dishonored Creative Directors'. Jolly good, I thought. Only to be disappointed a few moments later when I realized they meant 'Creative Directors of Dishonored The Video Game' as the last DLC has a separate creative director credit.

I did enjoy the DLCs, even though my tendencies of extremely conservative gameplay sabotage my enjoyment of games like these. Which is to say I fully stealth/non-lethal these games, hardly using any items/skills. Whenever I start a level I resolve to be more brazen, but at the end of the level I notice one again I mostly used none of the cool stuff.

Knife of Dunwall has the better levels, but Brigmore Witches is pretty good as well.

No reason to be disappointed by the change of creative director on Brigmore - Ricardo Bare has been part of the immersive sim clan since he worked on Deus Ex with Harvey, was a lead on the original Dishonored, was lead designer on Prey, and is just generally very legit :)

@essell I was referring to the Thumbs 'Dishonored [thing]' gag, as my first thought was that they were referring to themselves as dishonored creative directors, à la Dishonored Halloween. I have nothing at all against Bare, even if I was not familiar with his name.