Raff

Dishonored - or - GIFs By Breckon

This is the first game where I wish I was recording myself play, just to relive the best moments later.

Ha-HA. Fifth run racing through as fast as I can to get the Slackjaw quests achievement. I am such a sucker.

God damn it. I finished the first quest, but the stress of not knowing if I've killed or alerted anyone is terrible. I wish they didn't have those achievements, or that they had a better feedback system for it, or that I were able to not obsess about stupid achievements.

I wish they didn't have those achievements, or that they had a better feedback system for it, or that I were able to not obsess about stupid achievements.

I suggest the latter.

Fifth run finished in less than three hours. You get enough runes for essential abilities (blink 2, possession, double jump) without even going out of your way. If I had not worried about being caught, I wonder how fast I could go...

Speaking of achievements, it's simply not true that they're focused of stealth. Half of them are not possible to achieve without killing people.

By my count, only about a fifth of them involved kills, while over half are stealth-related.

Ran Boyle Manor in 4 minutes 54 seconds. And I made a lot of mistakes.

By my count, only about a fifth of them involved kills, while over half are stealth-related.

By my count: 15 require kills 14 are stealth related and 21 are unrelated to play style. So I'd say it's about half and half.

I went through the list again, and i'm still counting about ten that actually require kills.

I count anything that ends in someone's death. Even if it's by possession or by other NPCs. Anyway it's pedantics at this point. All I meant to point out in the original post was that the achievements do not favor stealth over action.

This is what I've been trying to say: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6445-Dishonored

By the way the ending is awful, really bad. The last mission lasts all of 10 minutes and you don't get to kill ANYONE if you get the good ending. They're all already dead, or asleep, or something. It just ends. And I finally wanted to kill someone damn it!

Okay, so I'm walking down an alley when a couple of guys who are up to no good magically teleport in and kill me. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if there's a way to avoid it? Pretty sure it counts as alerting someone, and if I don't kill them (which I'm not sure I even can) I die.

I don't know, I just visited Slackjaw (second time in town) and I left the distillery and took a right, and then BAM these guys come outta nowhere, just like in the intro.

Yeah sounds like the assassins. There are 3 of them on the rooftops right near the distillery. Approach that area from a higher vantage point and you should be able to sneak up on them.

I do know what you're talking about, they killed me the first time through that area as well. You can definitely incapacitate them without killing them (sleep darts). I'm not sure how their aggression affects your alert status though.

e: I only had to deal with 2 of them, funny enough.

Holy shit; I did it right after posting, and you're right. My impression was they came out of nowhere, but when I blinked up high, I could see them crouching on the balconies. Naturally I took care of them, silently as my wind. Now to find the key to the art dealer's.

A bug just gave me the biggest scare. I'm on the second mission (the cat house or whatever) and had just returned to Slackjaw with the audio thing, and mid-thanks he "discovered me", drew his sword and burned me. I had quicksaved right before talking to him, but when I quickloaded everyone immediately went into "get him" mode, and I failed the informant side mission. Apparently others have had the same problem, and it's unclear what causes it, but luckily I could revert to the autosave from when I entered the distillery and things went fine. I guess that taught me to not rely on quicksave, and to save often.

Holy shit; I did it right after posting, and you're right. My impression was they came out of nowhere, but when I blinked up high, I could see them crouching on the balconies. Naturally I took care of them, silently as my wind. Now to find the key to the art dealer's.

In my original predator/batman playthrough I stayed high as much as I could. I saw those dudes crouching, waiting for me. I blinked behind one and stabbed it in the neck. I got an achievement that was called "food chain." God damn right.