Wrestlevania

Left 4 Thumbs - The Homethumbing 2

That's why I've only played versus games with/against people I know from thumbs or other places.

I always played with three friends, which probably made it worse since we usually beat the other team whenever it wasn't another group of four. In hindsight we probably should have always split it 2/2 so no matter what it doesn't end up with one person by themselves.  To be fair, we were also probably annoying to play against as we took it more serious than the majority of people (i.e. doing things like the shortcut on the very first level of Dead Center where you jump out the window at the end of the very first hall and fall down to the window right next to the elevator)

So in regards to the recent game, there's no need to panic. We were technically not "hacked". It was just the admin of the server fucking around. I have run a L4D2 server in the past. As an admin, you can install plugins for the server to help moderate and maintain it without actually modding the game itself. Googling for a simple chat plugin lead me to this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=632342

If only I could access a list of some sort detailing my "recently played servers", I could look into it with more depth.

Good to know, but it was still a pretty nasty and insidious thing to do. Unofficial or not, no admin has the right to abuse fair and decent players on their servers. :(

I was also wondering if there was a way you could look up recent servers so I could report this one. But I guess you can't, which seems like a glaring oversight when you actually need it for something serious like this.

Anyway, never had anything like this happen before in however many years of playing the game. So hopefully it was a one-off.

Messages of a sexual nature started coming up in the chat, appearing, falsely, to have been sent by SuspectKitten. It didn't stop her posting, so it quickly became apparent that something was going on and she wasn't just being weird (she believed she'd been hacked but Scratch's post suggests otherwise), but it was very creepy and unnerving, even if there was no actual security risk.

Is anyone still playing this and if so what game modes?

I just picked up L4D2 in the summer sale but haven't had any chance to actually play it yet.

Is anyone still playing this and if so what game modes?

I just picked up L4D2 in the summer sale but haven't had any chance to actually play it yet.

I'm playing with a small group of friends most Sundays at 8pm BST. You'd be welcome to join—anyone is. :)

Does this still happen frequently?  I've been in the mood to play the game lately, specifically a few of the mutations, but I'm unwilling to wade into the potential cesspool that is public servers and playing with bots just isn't interesting.

I've been trying to get people to play this with me lately and everyone sucks and won't do it - or, if they do, they quit after we die like five times.

It's my fault for wanting to do Expert difficulty runs of the campaign, but it's their fault for being weak babies. ):

Dammit, i saw you playing wrestly and i was going to see if i could join!

Failing a few times?! Sounds like baby talk to me!

I just want a group of people who likes to play games the way I like to play games. )':