Wrestlevania

Left 4 Thumbs - The Homethumbing 2

The time has come for thread resurrection! This is happening next month. All of us should absolutely play. :D

If you are refering to the L4D campaigns (No Mercy, Death Toll, Dead Air, Blood Harvest & Crash Course) they are already out. Just loaded up the game to check, the new DLC "Cold Stream" is in beta and potentially playable right now.

Just a heads up that L4D2 will be played right now!

Nothing. Nobody showed and I didn't feel like nagging everyone to come play, so I gave up after 15 minutes.

I would've joined had it not been so sudden. I saw the event notification right as I was leaving for lunch. Oh well.

Yeah, it popped up for me as I was logging into Portal 2 co-op. If only I'd known. I'm terrible at L4D, and only played a few of the thumb games back in the day, but I would've joined in anyway.

Turns out the Steam event scheduling thing is pretty useless. There's no reminders or visible schedule at all, and then bam! it's on and hope you don't have any plans! The best thing would be a completely regular thing, like Grand Thumb Auto was back in the day. There were enough regular players that, even if a few couldn't make it, there would always be enough people to get a game going. When a regular thing hasn't been established, I think a more Facebook-like thing would be better, in that you would have to explicitly sign up. The loosey-goosey nature of Steam events is like a spiral of non-obligation. No-one has said they'll be there, so you don't want to be the guy that clears his schedule for it and then nobody shows. Okay, maybe not a spiral.

Huh, I wonder if this forum software had something that could make this work.

If anyone would pay notice that there is indeed a Steam event for sunday and if you would like to play with cool Thumb folk, then you can do so at the appropriate time for which the date is set. :tup:

We will play the DLC campaign and it'll be grand!

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY. Ya'll, it's on Sunday! Make me proud!

Count me in. I'm making a solemn pledge in this post right here to be there. Even if I am the only one to show, I'll still be playing L4D2. So there!

I will be playing this sunday for sure. And cant we create a event planner on the forums? Thats hows we rolled back im them WoW days, sign up say if you wanne come or not etcetc? Toblix my man! Can you fix something like that? Not only for L4D but just a section on the forums with differnt topics like that, makes it alot easier for the hosters and players right? OKE THEN LETS DO THIS!!@!@#!

Excellent, excellent! By the way, here is my SteamID for those who want to play and don't have me in their list.

Okay, I gotta ask. 1 Year of Steam and you have 600+ games? :greatscott: Hoooooow?

Okay, I gotta ask. 1 Year of Steam and you have 600+ games? :greatscott: Hoooooow?

Bundles. Also because I barely bought any games before because I just shared a Steam account with my brother, the number is a lot lower when I click on "Show All Games" in my steam list, also some of the games are free to play ones and some others like Defense Grid and Borderlands count as 5 games because of DLC. It's not quite as ridiculous as it looks, although still kind of crazy