ThunderPeel2001

Which GTA to play?

Ugh. Just actually enjoying playing through GTAIV on a PC (the sound is SO much clearer with five speakers, and I'm noticing more things about the world) but then it goes and crashes after 5 mins of play. Is it generally unstable?

Not sure what it's like now, but the PC release when it came out was completely broken.

Am I the only one who never completed any of the GTA games, or even got halfway? I always lose interest after retrying a failed mission for the 3rd time. :getmecoat

Am I the only one who never completed any of the GTA games, or even got halfway? I always lose interest after retrying a failed mission for the 3rd time. :getmecoat

I definitely fall into that camp too. I really wanted to finish GTAIV but I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through and every time I try to play it I fail the mission I'm on through lack of practice and then don't want to do it anymore. So far the second half of the game just feels like variations on the "go into a place with lots of enemies and kill them all one by one" theme anyway. I miss some of the more interesting and less super soldier-y stuff from earlier in the game.

The PC version has never given me any trouble at all. Granted, I bought it long after it had come out and been patched up, but so did you TP, so I'm not sure what the general opinion of it's stability is now. I remember it having a very strong reputation for being broken at release, but it's been a long time now. Maybe I'm just lucky with my system?

The Xbox 360 versions of Lost & Damned, Gay Tony and San Andreas are this week's XBL deal -- so says AceyBongos. 400 for L&D, 800 each for Tony and Andreas.

Not as shiny as the PC mods, obv, but I'll be getting L&D for multiplayer fun. Anyone else tempted?

We did a few weekly matches of L&D multiplayer back when it came out. General concensus was that the coop stuff was cool but the competitive took out stuff from the main game that wasn't worth losing. Man, it has been a while since Grand Thumb Auto though...