Kolzig

Google Plus aka Emerald Sea

Ah, the trials of being a lady on the internet. People who don't get anonymity never seem to consider that part, do they?

I wonder if a team of women would have created Goog+ differently?

That question occurs to me pretty much every time that facebook puts out a new update. Each time it seems like it would become easier and easier to e-stalk someone, which I can't imagine is a welcome development for many a lady. Were I an attractive woman, I would probably have gotten rid of my facebook account long ago unless it were necessary for dealing with coworkers or something.

Would anyone be able to throw me an invite? My e-mail is bigjko @ gmail.com

Everyone: Boy, this social interaction sure is good for stalking women.

BigJKO: HI EVERYONE CAN I HAVE A SOCIAL INTERACTION INVITE PLEASE.

Everyone: Boy, this social interaction sure is good for stalking women.

BigJKO: HI EVERYONE CAN I HAVE A SOCIAL INTERACTION INVITE PLEASE.

What is yer gmail address of preference?

EDIT: Argh, I was being pbtuse* and absent minded. Also exhibiting shoddy reading comprehension.

* Pronounced like "pwned".

Ostracize him for his absentmindedness!

Don't think anyone's mentioned the "other names" box on the profile page - very handy for working out which internet persona has just added you under their meatspace name. Everyone should fill that in!

Don't think anyone's mentioned the "other names" box on the profile page - very handy for working out which internet persona has just added you under their meatspace name. Everyone should fill that in!

Nobody mentioned it, certainly not I! :P

Ohhh yeah! Good thing I covered my lazy self with that "I don't think"!

I'll follow in the footsteps of BigJKO and beg for an invit' : my mail is REDACTED :P

Edited by vimes

If anybody on here wants an invite and doesn't have one, just PM me. Feel free to add me, also. Excuse the horrible picture - I'm not the kind that obsessively saves photos, and this was the only one of me I had.

Edit: though do tell me you will do it, just so I don't add random people. :) I think a David off of here just did, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Kroms

Hey ho, I like to not be stalked.

I added myself to the doc. I haven't posted even one public post yet because I don't like those. I've been using G+ with some old friends mostly.

Like usual with new products we were goofing around for most of the time, but now it's turning into a more serious usage and I kind of like it. The Android mobile app sucks though, even after the latest update it's not possible to edit your posts or see a self uploaded video. It just opens videos as still images. Everything works on PC though. Youtube videos do work on mobile perfectly.

I'm just saying that +Eric Schmidt should shape up and get his act together and fix the problems.

Otherwise the mobile app and the normal website are really smooth.

Done!

I'm still liking G+ a lot more than facebook. It's open to longer, more bloggy stuff if you like, and handles it well, automatically shortening it in people's feeds.

Instant upload on the mobile app is also great; all your photos automatically go into a private album, and you just get a notification then choose which ones to share. No faffing with file browsers, emails or upload bars!

I'm using it pretty much daily. Seems lately I'm the only one who posts there to some old buddies, though I don't do public posts. Mainly I see Thumbs guys posts popping up quite a lot, which is good. That means this thing isn't dead yet.

And yeah the mobile app still sucks, couple of program updates, but still the same big issues are there.