Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Embarrassing Awkward Nerd Confessions

I always derided nerds who bought stupid shit like Master Chief helmets and full-size stormtroopers, but now I've found myself joining the ranks of awkward forever alone nerds who line their dusty bedroom shelves with pervy hentai figurines and Darth Vader pez dispensers.

I bough this from here:

idolo_shop.jpg

I always derided nerds who bought stupid shit like Master Chief helmets and full-size stormtroopers, but now I've found myself joining the ranks of awkward forever alone nerds who line their dusty bedroom shelves with pervy hentai figurines and Darth Vader pez dispensers.

My room has one desk with very limited desk space, even if I wanted to get a million hentai figurines or a Master Chief cat helmet I simply wouldn't have the room. Also, I don't want either of those things. :tup:

I've got way too many action figures. No nudie ones, but still. Sometimes I just want to get rid of them as they fall down too much...

I was wicked into Star Wars in my teen years, so I got a LOT of action figures/vehicles... Now all in boxes, though.

Now I just have 1 long shelf with all those big game boxes that I bought over the years. :D Nerdiest thing in my room, but hey.

I own a couple awesome replica light sabers.

I have both the GC and PS2 RE4-themed novelty chainsaw controllers, which are some of my most favorite things.

I have an unreasonably large collection of transformers, only some of which are from my youth.

Lots and lots of other dumb things, so many dumb things.

I regret nothing.

I buy special editions of games, and I like the plastic crap that often comes with it.

I own a couple awesome replica light sabers.

NEEEEERD

revengeofthenerds.jpg

Okay, maybe a bit jealous that I never did get a Lightsaber replica. ;)

NEEEEERD

*snip*

Okay, maybe a bit jealous that I never did get a Lightsaber replica. ;)

They're the master replicas force FX ones, the ones that light up and have motion-controlled whoosh sounds with clash sounds on strike, they're so fucking awesome! :woohoo:

shows one of the ones i have, which is the nicer of the two i own.

The other one i have is Vader's from ANH.

behold part of my weird obsessions with Manga & Mushroom Kingdom stuff!!

WP_000132.jpg

WP_000131.jpg

WP_000130.jpg

WP_000129.jpg

WP_000128.jpg

Missing is a ridiculous amount of Warhammer 40K figurines which are in their Games Workshop brand suitcases and a bunch of Nintendo Soft toys...

The sackboy was a handcrafted birthday gift a couple of years ago. The Mario hat was aswell, which was used for my Stag do(I went dressed as Super Mario... *ahem*) and the Anime Painting was a gift by a friend to me for Christmas(he's awesome)

The only thing I've bought recently is a posable head-crab plushie...and that was about 4 years ago!

That's a sweet looking thing, toblix! I like the idea of having replicas of things that don't exist in the first place. Way to mess with future archaeologists.

I was going to boast my non-nerdiness by asking where that is from, but apparently it is from The Fate of the Atlantis. Very neat and very very improbable were it an actual cultural artifact. How convincing is the patina, by the way?

The nerdiest things I own and can think of are the Lord of the Rings Special Edition statues: Gollum, the Road Workers and the Tower of Babel from Civilization III cover. Those and the Japanese manual coffee grinder that I just bought and don't know how to operate properly. It's a cheap and not very beautiful thing, though, so it doesn't really count.

Well at least you can keep beads in it.

Heh :)

I like the idea of Video game artefacts instantiated too, especially if done well.

Below is the sum total of all my geek toys, and I feel somewhat ambivalent about even these. I've never seen the point of (for instance) huge, expensive Spawn figures. My mum had a lot of ornaments when I was a kid and they were a pain to mind. I see little difference between those chintzy pottery mice from back in the day and figures from comics and games. It's just more shit that will paralyse me, take up space, require dusting and eventually make it more difficult to move house.

The dwarf figure is one my brother painted for me in the past few years, modeled on a character from an RPG campaign we ran as teenagers. The lego speeder bike was desk tat from my last job and I'm not sure what to do with it now. I think it's cool, but I also think it's clutter. On balance, I mostly want to keep it. Building lego for the first time in 15 years tickled some massive nerd itch. I kind of want to build lego stuff but not have it. This is probably why some men have children.

attachment.php?attachmentid=711&stc=1&d=1309303106

post-461-13375603412765_thumb.jpg

I only have a couple of lego models at the moment, im the past I have had action figures, etc.

5882879394_3de4b1cc3e_b.jpg

5882879340_2e72835136_b.jpg

I was bought the Lego Millennium Falcon for christmas. It's in a box atm, due to house move. Does that count?

I was bought the Lego Millennium Falcon for christmas. It's in a box atm, due to house move. Does that count?

Not until it's built.

Yeh, built it, but had to take it to bits for the move. I estimate that it took about 70 hours.

I bought my husband a plush chocobo from Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon.

Also a plush Chappy from Pikmin and a Plush Wind-Waker-era Link.

Oh, and a giant model of a breast to use as a paperweight.

attachment.php?attachmentid=712&stc=1&d=1309322653

post-2535-13375603413504_thumb.jpg

For the past four years I've been MASSIVELY into Lego again, it's become a real obsession. I love the stuff, I love building it and then it usually gets deconstructed and put into plastic bags pretty quickly afterwards. But I just love it and I hope to one day have a huge room to build and display my creations in.

One of my favorite sets is a beautiful, rather rare train called the Emerald Night from a few years back. I have one proudly on display in my room, but then I thought: well, what good is having just one Emerald Night? So I bought two more. I'd like to illustrate this with some visuals. Below is the amount of Emerald Nights in my possession right now.

------(23).jpg

------(23).jpg

------(23).jpg

I have a hand-made clay Ankh-Morpork coat of arms I've been lugging around to every flat I've lived in. It's broken and glued together in one corner, but I keep it for nostalgic reasons.

Just wanted to say this thread really cheered me up, particularly the visual depiction of the number of Emerald Nights in Rodi's possession and the thought of a handmade Ankh-Morpork coat of arms.

I didn't make it though, a company called Clarecraft used to make clay Discworld fan stuff. They're gone, though.