Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 6!

Something called Starbase Orion sounded interesting but it's a mobile game, so erm.

There is also an online version of Diplomacy too, but I've never played it, sounds maybe promising?

Did they ever make a pc version of Imperial 2033? I'd still like the try that.

Think there might be a gap in this super niche market right now... maybe we should start a kickstarter. lol.

I used to play Diplomacy on diplom.org. It's pretty epic with the right people:)

Something called Starbase Orion sounded interesting but it's a mobile game, so erm.

There is also an online version of Diplomacy too, but I've never played it, sounds maybe promising?

Did they ever make a pc version of Imperial 2033? I'd still like the try that.

Think there might be a gap in this super niche market right now... maybe we should start a kickstarter. lol.

I have a fundraising hat, I'm sure we could do it.

I'd partake in a little Neptune Pride. If you haven't started it yet.

Alright, added you AteBit.

Say we get this this thing started on Friday? Anyone prefer a certain time? We used to coordinate based on the players to make it a little more "fair".

I'm still on the West coast of NA.

Also, the more I looked into it and didn't find any kind of parallel game to NP,the more I really want to try to make one of these one day.

I'm just going through the progress casts and listened to the one talking about Eminent Domain just makes me disappointed there aren't more of these kinds of these available for online mp.

If there are all these board games, where are the computer nerds doing the same thing with this style of game? Sadly I'm only an artist, so I doubt my new passing hobby endeavor will get far.

So the dream of another 12 player game is dead then, eh? :sad:

Friday is fine for me. I'm East Coast NA.

It might be out there, but I couldn't find it.

Maybe I'm using the wrong key words to search for it, but I did find a couple that had potential, but seemed was a downloadable exe on a website that looked like it was from 1998... which might mean it was from 1998.

Friday is fine for me however, I'm in the UK, all thhat menns tho is if you could just start it like either in the morning or later evening, instead of midday. That way, ill be able to get on the opposite time, instead of like Midnight if you start it at noon. You get me?

Also, its been ages since I've played, do the neutral planets at the start have defenses?

Also, its been ages since I've played, do the neutral planets at the start have defenses?

I don't think so.

I guess with East and West coast NA and UK, morning West coast would be best? Night would be too late for the east coasters.

Think that'll work.

Maybe after this I'll try setting up a Diplomacy game, see how that goes.

Dibs did you want to sponsor a game or shall I?

Well, thinking about it, it doesn't really matter, don't put everyone else out for me, hopefully then everyone can stay in. By my reckoning, its 7.45pm here, 11.45am in California and 2.45pm in New York. So if I'm at zero, Cali is at -8 and NYC is at -5.

So if you wanna make it USA evenings? And ill just makes my moves Saturday morning.

Apparently I forgot how Neptunes Pride games work and we should have started this days ago if we wanted to actually get it going today.

Also turns out I don't have enough credits left...so, delay of game until we can sort this out.

Edit: Dibs was kind enough to sponsor us a game so it's on. E-mail is sent to everyone.

I'll join on Monday morning PST to start it off and let everyone have the weekend off.

Edited by Murdoc

It's been too long since the last game, I totally forgot about the start too.

Thanks for sponsoring the game, dibs!

Yeah, thanks. I'm excited to give this a shot.

By the way, have any of you tried either of the other Iron Helmet games? It looks like they work in a relatively similar manner. One of them could be an interesting alternative to Neptune's pride, since you were trying to find other asynchronous games.

:benstein: Is there any way to up the player count on our game? I have a friend who I just told about it and he is interested. If that can't be done, there still is one slot open (not counting the one that Murdoc will be taking). If that isn't claimed by a certain time, could he just jump on that?

Yeah, bernie, we went through all of them. They're good, but not quite the same. Jupiters Folly seems more like a co-op kind of thing and when we played I don't think anyone even got into a scuffle, so it was a bit bland.

Dibs might be the only one that can up the count, but I'm not totally sure about that.

I can only force start or delete from the looks of it.

someones missing....

It's me. Turns out I was clever and changed my gmail password a year ago, but since I use devices to check my mail, I can't remember it. Thus I cannot log into Neptune. Since I never set-up recovery options, I've had to pay 3 bucks, and wait until Monday to make an international call to Google recovery services. Long story short, I've started the recovery process, and I'm waiting on an e-mail from Google with the reset password link. Shouldn't be long, but I can't be sure. If you have a replacement player who can go right away, go for it, I don't want to hold you guys up further. Sorry.

It's all cool AteBit, sounds like a hassle and sure no one minds waiting, or maybe they do and will just wait anyway to annihilate your civilization.

I certainly don't mind waiting. I started a free game with that buddy that I mentioned earlier, so I'm figuring out what this game is all about. So far I'm really enjoying it. This sort of game where actions take hours and hours drives me nuts. I find myself just staring at the map despite the fact that I will have nothing to do for the next 12 hours, and while I was unable to access it at work today it was all I could think about. WHAT IF THAT BLUE GUY IS ENCROACHING ON MY TERRITORY? Very fun.

WHAT IF THAT BLUE GUY IS ENCROACHING ON MY TERRITORY? Very fun.

Yeah the first games are the ones where I'd lose sleep, I think after awhile you just start to chill out, but just as enjoyable. :)

Yeah the first games are the ones where I'd lose sleep, I think after awhile you just start to chill out, but just as enjoyable. :)

And thus he is lulled into a false sense of security…… mwahahaha!

I'm in a different time zone bitches!!!

Ill be making moves while you sleep! While. You. SLEEP.