Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 6!

I just noticed the Beta 2 at the top of the page. Was that there during the last game? I can't find a list of changes anywhere.

Poked the people who I thought haven't joined, if I poked you and you have, sorry about that.

Also Chris Remo was a named used in the TT rules session; wasn't? I can't remember.

Poked the people who I thought haven't joined, if I poked you and you have, sorry about that.

Also Chris Remo was a named used in the TT rules session; wasn't? I can't remember.

Chris Remo ended up with the name Sean Vanaman if I remember correctly.

Started. and..... I have the best starting spot ever. ahahha... awww.

luckily its f'ing big.

I feel pretty crappy about that win. It would be nice if we could finish a game without any AI players.

Yeah, it was a fun game, but fell apart at the end. I think the imbalance of AI players at the start ensured a win for you Ens, not that you didn't play well.

Also, I think Neptune's Pride is in need for a 2.0 with more mechanics, because what really made the game great was the fun you created through diplomacy and no one is buying into it anymore.

Its turned into a Prisoners Agreement of sorts where if you simply don't play along with the BS someone is sending you, it relies solely on the mechanics and nothing will go wrong.

I was trying to play people, but it just didn't happen and even tried getting the eastern side of the map to rally together and fight your massive empire, which would have been fun, but it wasn't happening.

So really more game mechanics to keep people interested in new ways to support trust\deception would be a lot of fun.

The mechanics stop any real alliances, which ensures that as soon as someone gets a certain number of stars, all he needs to do is build and wait. There were some good moments in the game, but once ens actually started moving (when you let him through, Murdoc ;) ), there wasn't a whole lot of point in fighting back.

I somehow managed to get away with not having any ships for a really long time. When I moved in on the orange and blue guys, I decided that I better take them completely out of the game. I used pretty much all of my ships doing that.

There may have been a window where Murdoc could have made a move but by the time he let me through, I had built my fleet back up.

The game certainly becomes more fun when there's backstabbing involved. I don't think I've felt the stress of worrying about someone turning on me in two or three games now. Without that stress, it just becomes a star capturing/space ship routing simulator.

During those early games, I used to plan my lunch hour around the time we paid in game. I just don't get that excited about it anymore. :/

I think we need a Neptune's Pride counselor to add some excitement back into it.

I wonder if an agreed upon set of rules might add some intrigue to the game, or something along the lines of a murder mystery game, where players are assigned roles/characteristics and need to stick to them; that could add some interest through the whole thing.

Or we just give up. I really like it and want to like it as much as I did before though, so just brainstorming here.

Even if it's a by the numbers game at this point, I still have a place in my heart for Neptune and since the community has a few new people, lets have a new round!

Long or short game, doesn't matter to me. Let's get one rolling!

Players

Jaraknarn

berniesbc

ens

Murdoc

SometingStupid

AteBit

Edited by Murdoc

I'd definately be up for this, ill watch the thread, but if a new one gets up and running drop me a PM just incase.

I won't play, but I have 100 credits in the game if ye want me to set one up. Can i set one up and not play myslef?

I would love to play. I've wanted to give this a shot ever since they talked about it on the cast. Unfortunately my group of friends would have no interest in something like this.

I'm in! I also have a bunch of galactic credits burning a hole in my pocket.

Dibs, I think you can create it, let people join, then leave... I think...

But yeah, I'm pretty sure I have credits left over and so does dibs, so no worries.

I'd like to keep an on going thumbs game going anyhoo. Probably should look into this, but I like a game where I can pop in once or twice a day to do a few things, is there anything else out there like neptunes pride... thats like a real game, not clicking for the sake of it(Facebook civ...booo)

Dibs, I think you can create it, let people join, then leave... I think...

But yeah, I'm pretty sure I have credits left over and so does dibs, so no worries.

I'd like to keep an on going thumbs game going anyhoo. Probably should look into this, but I like a game where I can pop in once or twice a day to do a few things, is there anything else out there like neptunes pride... thats like a real game, not clicking for the sake of it(Facebook civ...booo)

I'm fairly sure there's some asynchronous zombie survival game like this. However I have no idea what its called! Pretty useless.

edit: I found it. Its called Die2Nite (www.die2nite.com). I remember hearing good things a while back.

We should try a diplomacy game. not real time, but oh so nasty.

Man, I wish you could play Sins of a Solar Empire Asynchronously, that'd be perfect for this, with the diplomacy add on, there's a lot of nuance and scope. Trade Pacts, ceasefires, missions against other factions.

Man, I wish you could play Sins of a Solar Empire Asynchronously, that'd be perfect for this, with the diplomacy add on, there's a lot of nuance and scope. Trade Pacts, ceasefires, missions against other factions.

Yeah, I'd like to play something like that, if it exists somewhere... association with space is always a plus.

Asynchronous game is the word I was looking for and something with diplomacy.... to the google!