Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 6!

We cant ever seem to finish the game with more then a few people, but it's been awhile.

Anyone up for another round? I'll host.

edit: Was sick of making a new thread, so lets just house it all in this. Check last page for updates.

Edited by Murdoc

We cant ever seem to finish the game with more then a few people, but it's been awhile.

Anyone up for another round? I'll host.

I'm up for another round but it looks like it would just be the two of us. :/

I'll join, but I've never played the game before.

EDIT: I joined a different game in the mean time - Neptune's Pride looks fuuuun.

Edited by Wubbles

Oh it is fun! Ok, say we kick this game off on Friday incase we get a couple more by then?

Small/Large game? Maybe with a small amount of people we're better off in a small map, also goes quicker so we don't lose interest, as is sometimes the case on the larger ones.

If there's still some slots, I'd be up for it.

Well just judging from the tech trading I can see I'm f@$%ed now, hehe, well that was fun. Bring on Neptune 8! :)

Wish I could see what was going on!

But you all murdered me.

yeah that's actually one thing I'm a little disappointed in with this game, is there was never any upgrades or add ons, so many little things that came up when playing regularly that could be tweaked or added... like after having zero stars you can just watch a game, or just allowing spectators.

yeah that's actually one thing I'm a little disappointed in with this game, is there was never any upgrades or add ons, so many little things that came up when playing regularly that could be tweaked or added... like after having zero stars you can just watch a game, or just allowing spectators.

Yeah, it has a very once-off-project feel to it. The player base mustn't have been large/consistent enough to warrant their development time.

Yeah, I have a whole list of stuff that I would like to see added to NP but I don't think that they're even working on it anymore.

The most important thing I wanted was to receive an email notification when you have an in-game message. Your login is tied to your gmail account, how hard can that be to add?

Also, sorry Laxan. :blink:

Yeah, its a shame, maybe Blight was doing better, but Im not much of a fan of that as I am Neptune.

Also, the combat system has always been terrible. It pretty much requires that you go in with overwhelming numbers of ships if you want enough left over to hold the star afterwards.

Rather than 'I kill Wm number of your ships, then you kill Wy number of my ships until one of us runs out' it should really be risk style where you roll Wm dice and I roll Wy dice or something with an element of chance to it.

Also, the combat system has always been terrible. It pretty much requires that you go in with overwhelming numbers of ships if you want enough left over to hold the star afterwards.

Rather than 'I kill Wm number of your ships, then you kill Wy number of my ships until one of us runs out' it should really be risk style where you roll Wm dice and I roll Wy dice or something with an element of chance to it.

Also, ships on colliding path should fight when they meet. This would stop the "They're attacking me, so I better send all of mine at the planet they just left" strategy that is optimal atm.

I dunno I like the funamentals, the combat was always basic, but I liked that, and the whole sending ships out and not being able to contact them is a huge draw for me rather then a more complicated system of mid flight battles.

I think after all this time, the fun factor came from diplomacy, but it seems to happen less and less now that everyones figure out the game and are just relying mostly on pure mechanics, which don't stand the test of time.

Maybe a Neptunes Pride 2 is in order to expand on the mechanics and encourage more diplomacy which made the initial game fun.

Maybe a Neptunes Pride 2 is in order to expand on the mechanics and encourage more diplomacy which made the initial game fun.

"Neptune's Pride: 2 Proud 2 Lose"

Combat for me is basically punching numbers into the battle calculator and acting on the results. There really isn't any thought behind it other than moving ships into the best positions and covering your ass.

I agree that the diplomacy is the best part of the game. I couldn't have won without Murdoc but it doesn't matter as much in the smaller games. I think I like the stress of the backstabbing and double crossing that happens in the 8-12 player games. If only we could get that many people to play and not drop out.

Yeah this was a pretty by the numbers kind of game; Im trying to figure out what map type would reinforce diplomacy, in the end it's probably just needed more people.

I will say though, right around the middle I thought of just out right attacking ens to upset the shift going in your direction just to see what Wubbles would do. Didn't want to seem like a dick, just thought it would add something unexpected, hehe.

But then figured that both him or tobacco would just gobble me up, you'd get your stars back pretty quickly and things would have just played out just the same.

It did occur to me that you might flip on me, but you were in a horrible starting position and, like you said, you probably wouldn't have won the game. There was a moment where you suggested that I go after Wubbles first. I thought you might have been in cahoots with Laxan at that point.

I had a lot of ships just hanging around before I went after Laxan and that attack didn't really use as many as I thought it would so I kept piling them on the star next to Sterope II to keep Wubbles at bay. I was also sending tech upgrades to tabacco without any other contact or agreement so that Wubbles couldn't send any more ships to Sterope II.

If I had gone after Wubbles first, it would have been all over for me.