toblix

Rocksmith

Weird. I've never had a shock, and switch between 4 different guitars and a bass pretty regularly. What type of guitar are you playing on?

The terms earth and ground can be used interchangeably, and yes it sounds like that's what the problem is.

Hmm, ok, I guess I've never heard it called "earth" before, and I thought Mupp's quotes implied a language barrier thing. My bad.

A year later, and it's time for another update:

important.PNG

...I am about to reach a pretty big milestone.

I want to ROCKsmith.

Help me choose a guitar! Please. I know absolutely nothing. dint want to spend a huge amount of money because I need to also buy the game, the cable, a strap, some kind of case or stand. Plus there's a 99% chance I won't keep it up. 

Im looking at £199:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0002CZUTM/ref=pd_gwm_simh_1?pf_rd_p=de8effd6-3a25-4e43-82ba-7b5108b051cd&pf_rd_s=blackjack-personal-1&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=HC3Y7DXESBHNHAPS7WV2&pf_rd_r=HC3Y7DXESBHNHAPS7WV2&pf_rd_p=de8effd6-3a25-4e43-82ba-7b5108b051cd

and £119

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0002CZUV0/ref=pd_gwm_simh_0?pf_rd_p=de8effd6-3a25-4e43-82ba-7b5108b051cd&pf_rd_s=blackjack-personal-1&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=HC3Y7DXESBHNHAPS7WV2&th=1&psc=1

is it worth spending almost double the price for the first one? Will I even notice the difference? Any suggestion or recommendations welcome

Ohhh that looks nice. 

ive read that the guitars they use in game are all les Paul things? Like for tuning etc. I guess I'm leaning more towards the guitar that came with the game bundle  (that aren't availble anymore, if they were I'd just get that)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/PC-Video-Games/Rocksmith-2014-Epiphone-Paul-Guitar-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/B00CMJ1I2Q

1 hour ago, Mington said:

Ohhh that looks nice. 

ive read that the guitars they use in game are all les Paul things? Like for tuning etc. I guess I'm leaning more towards the guitar that came with the game bundle  (that aren't availble anymore, if they were I'd just get that)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/PC-Video-Games/Rocksmith-2014-Epiphone-Paul-Guitar-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/B00CMJ1I2Q

I got the Rocksmith 2014 bundle way back when, the guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul Jr.

I would recommend that you go for the cheaper one if you're not sure you want to keep it up... a lot of the quality goes into the "clean" tones, whereas the vast majority of songs in Rocksmith that I've played are significantly distorted anyway :). I started playing in November 2013, and still enjoy it. Good luck!

Oops I've litterally just bought the £199 Guitar.... and an £80 case, so I can put it in the attic when I never use it :P

I'm sure there'd be a noticable difference, so it's all good I'm sure :).  My 2013 cherry red Gibson LPJ controller for Rocksmith is still just about the most expensive gaming peripheral I have, even after buying the Oculus Rift (no Touch though) :P

My first electric was an Ibanez of a similar model to this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ibanez-Gio-Electric-Guitar-white-x/dp/B00HVUS6E4/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1487541155&sr=1-3&keywords=ibanez

They don't seem to make the actual one I used any more, but for the price Ibanez makes a pretty good guitar. I now mainly play my SG, but I'm guessing that's beyond what you're looking for at this point.

Les Pauls are great, but something to be aware of is that Epiphone is basically the budget brand for Gibson, and you can really tell the difference between playing a Gibson and an Epiphone even if they look the same from the outside. Epis are great for starter stuff (my bass is one), but if/when you want to take it more seriously, consider stepping it up. All guitars can be tuned in the same way (the only difference between them is headstocks), so if there's one that you love, don't let the fact that Rocksmith treats the Les Paul as the default stop you. I prefer Gibson aesthetics just as a personal choice (also Gretsch. Mmmm... Gretsch [link is to the model I have]), but if you love the look of a Fender, go with a Fender.

Keep us posted on your play! I'm excited that there may be someone on my friends list other than 'blix who plays this now!

game for £6 off 'instant gaming'. It was the 2014 edition (not remastered) but then the game just has a free update to the remastered version. Good stuff.

Now just need to buy that bloody cable. Is there an difference between the rocksmith and rockmsmith 2014 cable? They look identical but ones £10 cheaper. What cable have you guys got

Yeah, I have the original cable. Fun fact: it also just works as an analogue pickup, meaning that it can pick your guitar up in any situation that a microphone would.

Hey, Mington, how's Rocksmith treating you?

Since you've not got the 2011 version, I thought I would post the intro, which I think is an amazing summary of the journey to learning guitar; it's even unlockable somehow in Rocksmith 2014, but I've not managed it yet

👍🏻

I played it everyday for just over a week, found it really addictive! Until Zelda came out and I haven't touched it since :/ I'll decently go back to it soon, although it's a bit of a ball ache setting it all up.

i feel like I need to find one song and just focus on getting better at it, as currently I'm bouncing all over the place. I'm doing all right at like difficulty 30, but the a chord appears and my mind and my hand melts.

what I really need to do is learn some muscle memory for the chords and generally where each fret and string is at. And not necessarily with the game, I think I need to watch some youtube tutorials

2 months later, I'm really curious if you're keeping up with this. How is it going? Have you dipped into the DLC at all? I feel like between April's Bob Marley 5 pack and today's Grateful Dead 5 pack, Ubisoft is trying to get me to dip into my summer vacation supplies a few weeks early...