Sign in to follow this  
DanJW

There's No Time to Explain, and Kickstarter

So recently I've been seeing links to Kickstarter around. what do we think about this?

(For those that don't know Kickstarter is a website where you can appeal for funding for your pet project. More than a few are indie games)

The latest success is There's No Time to Explain, which I love just for the opening:

XkXeiSqp-Qs

I've been seeing trailers for this thing all over the place, it looks like fantastic fun. I had no idea it was being funded by a kickstarter.

Kickstarter; seems neat, hope it produces some neat stuff.

Game; looks rad.

Trust a gay friend to know what "tasty cocks" is in Russian, in relation to the end.

Fucking rad. I went to the site hoping that I could buy and play it today. Damn you, Summer 2011!

Oh god, I was about to turn it off within the first 10 seconds and I'm so glad that I didn't.

This looks to be like great fun. Also on the Kickstarter page, they show a mega buff future guy. What will happen then?!

Oh yeah this was a cool game. I played the browser flash game back when RPS did a story on this game some months ago.

It's great that they are getting funded to make this bigger.

I didn't know there was an original Flash game, so I tracked it down and finished it pretty quickly. It was enjoyable enough, but the mechanic was sort of frustrating. Still interesting though. I imagine from the screenshots and video besides the art polish, the game will be much more fluid.

I'm really curious what happens each level and how they will stack the scenarios still!

link? :)

edit: I forgot that "tracking it down" means google it.

http://www.gameshot.org/?id=5435

edit 2: Wow ok, yeah... I hope the new version is more fluid, its surprising to see how incompetent I am when I need to aim backwards to move forwards... feels weird.