Sign in to follow this  
Sno

E3 2K11

my desire to see Wind Waker finally finished instead of the compromised game that we eventually got.

What's the story behind this?

I'm all ears too!

It's the repeat and habitual language offenders you need to look out for. :shifty:

That's alright I'm really not bothered by that sort of stuff since it just prevents me from making the mistake again.

I actually finished every single side quest in Majora, but the boss of the last temple was such a pain that I had to go back 5 years later to actually see the end of that game.

Was this the boss where you had to be a giant and if you ran out of magic or did not get the infinite magic stuff before hand you were just fucked and stuck tiny on the screen? If I recall there was no way to exit and you couldn't be killed and try again because you were too tiny for the flying snakes to hit you.

Also the extremely long side quest that takes place over the course of the three days with the engaged couple was complete bullshit as well. I had to try that one three times because you are suddenly dropped into a situation at the very end of the quest where you control two characters (which you did no where else in the entire game) and making one mistake means having to start the sidequest all over from the beginning.

Those two parts were the worst about the game but the rest was just being efficient and anyway you were repaid for your troubles for 100%ing by getting to be Fierce Diety Link and having a super simple final boss fight.

This is now a really good Zelda thread. Thanks E3!

Edited by syntheticgerbil

This is now a really good Zelda thread. Thanks E3!

What have I done. . . :hypnotoad:

What's the story behind this?

Something like three entire dungeons were cut from Wind Waker, it's why the last third of the game just kind of devolves into "AND NOW FETCH QUESTS."

Pretty much that. Ever wondered why the ocean in Wind Waker was, in the end, so barren, with most plots of sea containing nothing or just a small outcropping? The game was supposed to be much larger, including three whole dungeons that were practically finished. They didn't have the time to polish them adequately though, so they scrapped them just to finally release the game. Just imagine, there are three entire Wind Waker dungeons out there, completely built, and all they need is a spitshine.

This is the reason the game feels a little uneven during the second half, and ultimately didn't live up to the promise. This is why I'm still hoping for the 'full' Wind Waker experience, to be rereleased on a console near you.

But, once again, go for Majora first, and adjust the difficulty. I would appreciate it is people were to put talk about final bosses and such in spoiler-tags here. Seems pretty spoilerific, you know.

I think if you take a game like battlefield 3 for example, or the Witcher 2. Two games PC gamers point to as examples of powerful PCs really making a difference, the Console versions of those games, from comments the developers have made, is is like running them on medium settings, for most people, including myself, that's enough. I don't care if rock texture #17 looks better if I have to spend an extra 300 dollars to get it.

Pretty much that. Ever wondered why the ocean in Wind Waker was, in the end, so barren, with most plots of sea containing nothing or just a small outcropping? The game was supposed to be much larger, including three whole dungeons that were practically finished. They didn't have the time to polish them adequately though, so they scrapped them just to finally release the game. Just imagine, there are three entire Wind Waker dungeons out there, completely built, and all they need is a spitshine.

Well hey, Master Quest eventually saw the light of day, and that was a cancelled 64DD project.

This is the reason the game feels a little uneven during the second half, and ultimately didn't live up to the promise.

I guess I never dealt with the slow second half most talk about since I would just sweep the whole land after every new major gadget or the cannon until I found the next round of secrets. By the time I made it to the Triforce Quests, I had nearly every island mapped out and most little subquests finished so it wasn't such a large dose when the game started making you search every nook and cranny.

But er... that is not to say I would have preferred three more dungeons over squares with only giant squids, another duplicate cannon fort, or the ones with a tiny speck of land that has a heart piece.

Well hey, Master Quest eventually saw the light of day, and that was a cancelled 64DD project.

And it's gonna be in OoT 3DS as well! Whoo!

I am thoroughly psyched for OoT's re(re)lease in five days time. Finally something worthwhile to play on my 3DS! Holy cow level!

This could have gone into the youtube thread, but it seemed just as appropriate here. Truly. I forgot who started referring to "Mr. Cafeine" as "Mr. cocaine" first, but ain't that the truth!

Jgmb8Rg69vY

The feed i saw of the Sony thing had a close up on Kaz's face during the AT&T reveal, his reaction to the crowd booing was incredible.

The feed i saw of the Sony thing had a close up on Kaz's face during the AT&T reveal, his reaction to the crowd booing was incredible.

It's well deserved. I would love for a company like AT&T to burn to the ground, but I know it will never happen. If there were actually competition here in the United States, we might have okay internet speeds for everyone, affordable service, and no caps (which is something recently announced for users monthly, another great scheme to fuck EVERYBODY).

I have so much disdain for this company right now. I'm really sick of just using their complete shit DSL because I can't get anyone else in the area. The speeds are atrocious and get no where near as promised. Their customer service is a joke. Every single one of their business practices are iffy from their services fees to their buyout of everyone possible on the globe.

Sony ought to be ashamed of themselves, but what does it matter, it's just another way-too-big company fucking around and making deals. Business as usual.

Rant over.

It's well deserved. I would love for a company like AT&T to burn to the ground, but I know it will never happen. If there were actually competition here in the United States, we might have okay internet speeds for everyone, affordable service, and no caps (which is something recently announced for users monthly, another great scheme to fuck EVERYBODY).

If you think the American market is bad, spend a month up here in Canada, unless things have changed over the years(I don't pay attention... and from the sounds of it it has, because that's pretty much what we've been saying here since the internet began.

Oof that worst of E3 video brought back the recent, horrible pain in my head.

It doesn't seem like "Great job, Jeremy!" is going anywhere any time soon.