Sign in to follow this  
Sno

E3 2K11

Right, I'll try this cha-

But only join if you're cool!

Oh. (SAD FACE.)

So one press conference, 2 major ones to go... so far I'm thinking I'll be spending a lot of time with my PC for the next few years at least.

Lightsaber on!! HUT HUT BOOSH!!

Microsoft was awful! Just awful! This is 2010 all over! The only spark, nay, RAY (Myzuka) of hope was when Mass Effect 3 appeared, and then they uncovered -oh horror- Kinect controls for it, as demonstrated by what could only have been a wooden manakin!

WHAT IS THIS I CAN'T EVEN

Xbox, Bing Google

I liked ME 2, but the series kind of faded for me there, 3 looks pretty much like the game I play and lose all interest in. I miss ME1.

edit: Oh hey I forgot something, it's quite plausible that at the Ubisoft press conference there will be something in the way of Farcry 3, which will likely make Remo cry a bit, but not in the good way.

Edited by Murdoc

Hey, Microsoft was pretty much what i thought it was going to be.

Staying the course and lots of Kinect.

Nothing much interesting, very dull.

Though after the presser was done, some sites were picking up that Microsoft is going to announce cloud saves on Live.

I just finished watching that Microsoft presser.

That was pretty awful.

That Kinect Fable game looks awful.

Gears 3 looks good.

Halo 4 from 343, Halo CE: Anniversary from Certain Affinity.

Minecraft making its console debut on 360 with Kinect support is very, very odd.

Especially since Minecraft's development strategy seems completely at odds with Microsoft's aversion towards agile development, what with long QA delays for patches and a history of pressuring devs to charge for substantial updates.

So Halo CE: Anniversary is being developed by Certain Affinity and Saber Interactive and it is not running on the Reach engine.

It's built up off of the original game, the original code. It'll have a toggle that lets you jump between the new graphics and the old graphics on the fly. It'll also have online co-op, and it'll be budget-priced. (They've learned from ODST, clearly.)

Sounds like the competitive MP is just going to be a stripped down version of Halo Reach though, like the Halo 3 Mythic disc that shipped with ODST. Essentially, the competitive multiplayer in Halo CA: Anniversary will amount to being a map pack for Reach, and will be cross-compatible with the original release of Halo Reach. (I like this approach, and i respect Microsoft for it. They're supporting and reinforcing the major Halo releases instead of diluting them. It's good for the community and it's good for the games.)

Halo 4 will be 343's first game, and i have some ideas about what they might do with it, but i don't expect anybody here cares enough about Halo to want to hear it. Heh.

They've all got a lot to prove though, now that Bungie has moved on. (To be fair though, Certain Affinity and 343 are actually a bunch of ex-Bungie people.)

So Halo CE: Anniversary is being developed by Certain Affinity and Saber Interactive and it is not running on the Reach engine.

It's built up off of the original game, the original code. It'll have a toggle that lets you jump between the new graphics and the old graphics on the fly. It'll also have online co-op, and it'll be budget-priced. (They've learned from ODST, clearly.)

Sounds like the competitive MP is just going to be a stripped down version of Halo Reach though, like the Halo 3 Mythic disc that shipped with ODST. Essentially, the competitive multiplayer in Halo CA: Anniversary will amount to being a map pack for Reach, and will be cross-compatible with the original release of Halo Reach. (I like this approach, and i respect Microsoft for it. They're supporting and reinforcing the major Halo releases instead of diluting them. It's good for the community and it's good for the games.)

Halo 4 will be 343's first game, and i have some ideas about what they might do with it, but i don't expect anybody here cares enough about Halo to want to hear it. Heh.

They've all got a lot to prove though, now that Bungie has moved on. (To be fair though, Certain Affinity and 343 are actually a bunch of ex-Bungie people.)

I don't know about cross release with Reach, unless the put the Halo CE Pistol and The Halo CE Warthog in the options for multiplayer Reach. Otherwise it won't feel like Halo CE, the Reach pistol and Warthog have a bunch of differences which define the separate games.

I don't know about cross release with Reach, unless the put the Halo CE Pistol and The Halo CE Warthog in the options for multiplayer Reach. Otherwise it won't feel like Halo CE, the Reach pistol and Warthog have a bunch of differences which define the separate games.

I don't think you're going to get that original Halo CE multiplayer in this game.

It's probably going to be like ODST, where there was a new campaign with new weapons and everything, but the competitive multiplayer was literally just the competitive half of Halo 3. ODST was two seperate games bundled together.

They're saying the multiplayer in Halo CE: Anniversary will have maps from Halo CE remade, but that will probably just be a new Reach map pack, and it'll probably be made seperately available for the normal version of Reach as well.

The remake half of Halo CE: Anniversary will probably just be the campaign and co-op, the competitive multiplayer will just be a gutted version of Reach without all the campaign and co-op aspects of Reach.

Why am I still watching these press conferences? They're so fucking boring. Fuck. Bunch of awkward dudes that don't know how to move their hands on stage talking about a bunch of shitty games with lots of guns. Fuck this shit :getmecoat

Sony's show was... Eh...

The BioShock stuff was weird and unexpected. Every copy of BioShock Infinite on the PS3 will also have a free copy of the first BioShock included on the same Blu-Ray? BioShock Infinite will have extensive Move support? An exclusive and unannounced BioShock spin-off for the PSV?

PS Vita looks weird to me, i think it's built around a philosophical fallacy of Sony's, the idea that people actually want elaborate home console-like experiences from their handhelds. I don't think that has ever been true, not in the west at least. (The Uncharted demo also reeked of unnecessary touchscreen/motion control, reminds me of all those early PS3 Sixaxis games.)

The crowd booing at AT&T being the exclusive 3G provider was pretty funny.

250 for the base model though, that's pretty competitive pricing, i honestly didn't think Sony would hit that price point. That puts Nintendo in a very tough spot with the 3DS.

The Steam chat thing was great. Be sure to join us tomorrow for Nintendo if you can.

The drinking game for tomorrow is:

Innovative

Industry-leading

anybody with a French accent

Revolutionary

3D

Thanks [Name]!

and Finish all the alcohol in a 3 mile radius if Nintendo announces a new console without announcing any worthwhile launch games.

Help me out, the tried and true helicopters, airstrikes, and quick time events won't hold up for Nintendo (hopefully).

The Steam chat thing was great. Be sure to join us tomorrow for Nintendo if you can.

The drinking game for tomorrow is:

Innovative

Industry-leading

anybody with a French accent

Revolutionary

3D

Thanks [Name]!

and Finish all the alcohol in a 3 mile radius if Nintendo announces a new console without announcing any worthwhile launch games.

Help me out, the tried and true helicopters, airstrikes, and quick time events won't hold up for Nintendo (hopefully).

I would recommend "re-defining ________" in that list as well.

Also I dont think 3DS should count as 3D, because that'll end up being a short day. :)

it's supposed to launch with Mario, but if it doesn't i guess i'm a dead man since i live within 3 miles of an ABC store, a Total Wine, 4 convenience stores, 2 grocery stores, and several gas stations

edit: and a Costco. oh dear :frown: