Sign in to follow this  
Sno

E3 2K11

So how about an E3 topic, to pool together discussion and news about the show?

Some pre-E3 reveals are sneaking out.

Just now, and i do mean literally just now, Gearbox has revealed their forever-in-development-hell Aliens: Colonial Marines. Very excited about this one.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/01/colonial-marines-preview/

Also, Carmageddon is making a come back on XBLA from Stainless games. (I did not realize that the guys who had been so prolific and successful on XBLA were the Carmageddon guys, but they are, and their series is back in their hands.)

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/carmageddon-countdown-site-unsurprisingly-reveals-carmageddon-game/3281/

Edit: Title changed because people are being insane.

Edited by Sno

2K11? Really?

I'm really excited for E3; not for any specific reason, but I love announcements, and every year at least a handful of particularly exciting ones are made during E3. As for Carmageddon, I'm not convinced a sequel shoul be made. I loved C2 to death (even without the gore it was just a fantastic game in many ways) but so much has happened since then. They'd have to be really good to make a worthwhile Carmageddon today. If they do, I'll be the first in line.

2K11

Kill you and all you stand for.

That said, should be some good info coming out of this one.

258499.jpg

I'm bored out of my fucking mind having finished university seemingly a month before all my incredibly busy friends and having failed to find anything productive to do with myself until at least August. So I'll be up all night watching streams and mashing bullshit in IRC channels like it's 2005.

Kill you and all you stand for.

Classy, being so judgmental like that.

I'm bored out of my fucking mind having finished university seemingly a month before all my incredibly busy friends and having failed to find anything productive to do with myself until at least August. So I'll be up all night watching streams and mashing bullshit in IRC channels like it's 2005.

yeah if youtube is streaming coverage again this year, i'll undoubtedly have a tab open with it running because I don't have anything better to do either. at least for the keynote presentations

UK times aren't as bad as they often are.

June 6th

Microsoft - 5.30pm

June 7th

Sony - 1am

Nintendo - 5pm

Classy, being so judgmental like that.

And I'll bloody well continue being judgmental, thanks. It's not that hard to reach over and nab that '0' key.

And since I was mostly joking. . .

E3 has historically been about one single fucking thing only: the live streamed press conferences of the big three.

I'll mos' def see Nintendo's and Microsoft's. Sony's is unfortunately at a time that translates to the middle of the night over here, so I'm skipping Tretton going apeshit over the next Move thing and Killzone 4 being announced in 4D.

I expect Nintendo to hit a goddamn homerun with their new console. Even if it's shit, the show should be so good and hardcore it'll knock me into a fit of spasmodic jubilation.

Edited by Rodi

The Sony conference is something like 5 hours long. Anyone playing the E3 drinking game with that one will have to be wheeled out by paramedics.

Jesus.

I like 2K11, so ner.

At least The Final Destination 5 isn't Final De5tination.

But Thief 4 is still Thie4, or whatever, so I have issues with this naming scheme. Plus it's lazy.

(I'm not really angry about, I just hadn't gotten mad at anything yet today. :getmecoat)

(I'm not really angry about, I just hadn't gotten mad at anything yet today. :getmecoat)

DISCLAIMER: This is what Orvidos does to make a funny. He's not really going to kill you and everything you stand for because you used a term he found slightly unsavory.

On E3: I have never really even known where to watch the conference streams, even if I wanted to. Which I don't, because i'm not going to sit here and watch some business guy walk onto the stage with "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas playing and then listen to him talk about shit for 3 hours.

I'll just wait for the journalists to do their jobs, thanks.

The press conferences are equal parts (okay maybe a little less) awesome and equal parts

seinfeldleaving2.gif

Taken in while also chatting with friends/colleagues and howling at every gaff and embarrassing event, is a priceless moment I look forward to every year.

I look forward to the awkwardness and marketing speak. We here at [company] really do our best to give our customers the best experience possible and with [feature] we do believe we have achieved this. THE FUTURE... IS NOW.

Seriously though, I'm always rather excited when E3 comes along! All the new games! Yummy. That and new hardware is always exciting too. I wonder if there are gonna be any hyperbolic tech demos for the new Nintendo system!

Reggie's boring and Cammie is gone, so hopefully we get a good dose of Iwata acting like some kind of digital wizard, going on like video games are magic

and maybe some of this for chuckles:

WiiMusic.gif

as for microsoft and sony... well they can't be any worse than last year's...

iTYtH28esTg

After the absolute wreck (with broken bottles and babies no less) that was the Microsoft E3 conference last year, how could I not watch them? Comedy gold mines.

After the absolute wreck (with broken bottles and babies no less) that was the Microsoft E3 conference last year, how could I not watch them? Comedy gold mines.

Seems like year after year everyones conference becomes this weird, poorly acted vaudeville act, which usually results in massive, embaressing moments.

It's really become more about watching the train wreck rather then the spectacle. The first year Ubisoft used Joel Hale it was actually kind of funny in a really strange way, they had the exciting titles to offset the weirdness, but last year it just seemed very boring.

I think theres going to be a lot of interestin announcements this year as long as they can keep it to themselves by the time they want to announce it, but I we'll probably know everything about everything by monday.

I'll never forget (or get those minutes back) the James Cameron/Pele one.

I want, but don't expect, new hardware from Microsoft this year. Otherwise, give me all the cool downloadable games you can, and Forza 4.

Ohhhhh right, I forgot Jimmy up there talking for three hours.

Yeah, I wonder, we keep hearing about new MS hardware, but nothing concrete, so maybe next year there will be an announcement?

I actually expect that Microsoft will be the last to launch new hardware.

The 360 probably has the strongest position right now, especially with the Kinect selling something like ten million units, and their famously high software attach rates. Compare with the terrible woes Sony is having with the PS3, and the Wii starting to flat-line for Nintendo. (I mean, make no mistake, the Wii has the hardware lead, but Nintendo has been selling them to an audience that doesn't buy games. I think you're going to see Nintendo try and swing back to the hardcore audiences hard with this E3 and the purported "Project Cafe".)

What i expect out of the big three is -

Microsoft - Staying the course, and lots and lots of motion control.

Sony - NGP will be revealed as the PSVita, probably a huge push for it, and then those guys just really getting down and licking boot over the PSN fiasco.

Wii - Project Cafe and Project Cafe tech demos, a play for the hardcore audiences, and a big push for the 3DS. (I think the 3DS is going to see a price cut before the year is out.)

I dunno, I think their early launch (along with their staunchly Western games/interfaces) was the reason they got off to such a good start. I expect that they'll release the same fall that Sony does.

It's just annoying because seeing the games coming out for PC, I'm falling out of love with my 360.