Sign in to follow this  
Orv

King Arthur's Gold

Essentially Terraria and Ace of Spades mushed into one.

http://kagdev.tumblr.com/

You can be a knight, archer or builder, which means. . .

- Fighting in melee

- Fighting at ranged

- Digging/building/collecting gold

. . .respectively.

Anyone remotely interested? I've had fun with it so far.

So this game is pretty much awesome.

It reminds me when I was a kid and my friends and I would draw random terrain on a the side and start building bases in it, like little rooms and such.

The competive angle is awesome, its one game where its more fun to play a peasant then a fighter. We're building bases, mining gold, and under mining the enemies fortress, so cool!

I'm installing it now. Although I find it disheartening that its asking me to repair my visual studio 2008 re-distributable thingy.

Hopefully wont need to re-install vs2008 when I get back to coding against it.

Towers were built, gold was being mined, and a game of 7 vs 7 was on. Both sides equally matched I spent enough time in the mines and was soon knighted(I chose the knight character).

I raced across the land until I reached the chasm, my peasant was kind enough to build a ladder bridge over and we arrived at our first obstacle, a tower with doors and a single archer.

Arrows rained down on my shield as between volleys I struck the door until it crumbled. I climbed my way to the top and slew the archer, it was time to continue my quest.

The second tower wasn't finished, there were no doors and close to the enemies camp. Two knights however blocked my path, I struck the first with my sword slaying him instantly. I looted his corpse finding three explosive bombs. I chucked one at the second knight, with my shield forward I pushed him into the explosion and looted him to find more explosives!

I laughed my way past their camp to their keep where the gold is kept and threw everything at the door, mangling the path and giving me a clear view of the vault. I took a sack of gold and proceeded out only to find the same two knights re spawned close by. Their shields forward I could not pass... except taking the ladder up to the top of the keep and leaping off passed them.

I ran forward hoping to clear enough distance between the enemy and myself when I met reinforcements, a friendly knight and peasant! I was almost home free!

But this was no ordinary knight I was to meet, it was the certain kind of naive you find in all games. He saw the enemy chasing me and certainly pissed himself at the sight, so he threw up his shield to save himself, blocking my path to safety.

I jumped and jumped, there was no time for words, I had to make it clear I needed by post haste, I tried to squeeze myself over this fool, but it was not to happen, the enemy legion caught up and slew me where I stood, right in front of the friendly naive that blocked my path.

In my last moments of re spawn I saw him take the bag for himself and run away making his way to our treasury and taking the glory for himself.

So that's KAG.

Awesome post Murdoc!:tup:

Unfortunately all I managed to do after I installed it was create a new game and run around for a while as a peasant, I then proceeded to jump into a chasm and couldn't get out unless I mined out, I then found the button to kill myself, spawned as an archer shot some arrows, then thought "what the hell am I doing" and switched it off. It's clearly a lot more fun to play with people as opposed to try and make my own "fun" as it seems to have an objective.

I'll definitely give it a proper go with other people this weekend :)

Yeah the last patch has seemed to have killed this game, the lag is just terrible making it pretty unplayable.

So holding off until they fix it, hehe. Fun as hell to pick up and build stuff or kill people in though.

new Updates, lag is mostly fixed, still wonky, new collision errors, but all the new features are pretty sweet. nice little light radius makes me want a night map and talk of CTF mode.

If there was only a dedicated server in North America, I'd be having a lot of fun, hehe.

Spikes and draw bridges, so awesome. Game gets better, only one server in the US that I get a decent ping to though.