Sign in to follow this  
mikemariano

Yoshi's Cookie Eastern Conference Finals

Whenever Chris Remo and Nick Breckon would get excited about a Starcraft tournament, it sounded just like this to me.

S9ZI6I56604

I'm so happy and depressed (at the same time) that this exists. How is this a thing?

I've always found it fairly fascinating to see fighting games played at a tournament level.

GHvtlkgN1TM

I've always found it fairly fascinating to see fighting games played at a tournament level.

GiantBomb did a Mortal Kombat Scrub League that was really awesome to watch. Ryan Davis plays a mean Scorpion.

EDIT: Now with link!

Edited by Thompson

Heh, that is such a classic vid.

Daigo has been shit talking the american MvC3 community about their chances against him at Evo 2k11, it's pretty funny stuff.

Heh, that is such a classic vid.

Daigo has been shit talking the american MvC3 community about their chances against him at Evo 2k11, it's pretty funny stuff.

I stopped playing fighting games as I got sick of my regular opponent being a whiny little bitch, so I haven't picked up MVC 3, or MK (wouldn't be interested in it). I'll probably pick up the PC version of AE though, if I can get a 4 pack organised.

The game i keep going back to more than anything else these days is BlazBlue, but i never really stick with anything long enough to get my execution really solid, still just a scrub. Not a lot of people play Blaz anyways, it's a great game though. The Continuum Shift 2 revision was just released as a patch for owners of Continuum Shift.

The game i keep going back to more than anything else these days is BlazBlue, but i never really stick with anything long enough to get my execution really solid, still just a scrub. Not a lot of people play Blaz anyways, it's a great game though. The Continuum Shift 2 revision was just released as a patch for owners of Continuum Shift.

I really wanted to love Blazblue, but half of the character design is incredibly unappealing to me, the fight system just didn't work for me. Battle Fantasia was much more enjoyable.

I really wanted to love Blazblue, but half of the character design is incredibly unappealing to me, the fight system just didn't work for me. Battle Fantasia was much more enjoyable.

Battle Fantasia is a seriously overlooked game, heh.

BlazBlue though, i love how responsive it feels, and how wildly different all the characters are. You don't get like eight different shotoclones the way you do with Capcom's games. Just a really frantic and dynamic game, and the amazing netcode doesn't hurt either. Continuum Shift also has the best tutorials i've ever seen in a fighting game, which is something i think more fighting games need to do, instead of just expecting the community to pick up the slack.

Battle Fantasia is a seriously overlooked game, heh.

BlazBlue though, i love how responsive it feels, and how wildly different all the characters are. You don't get like eight different shotoclones the way you do with Capcom's games. Just a really frantic and dynamic game, and the amazing netcode doesn't hurt either. Continuum Shift also has the best tutorials i've ever seen in a fighting game, which is something i think more fighting games need to do, instead of just expecting the community to pick up the slack.

Heh, It's too anime for me.

Heh, It's too anime for me.

Yeah sure, that's understandable, that is one aggressively Japanese game.

YnEWSO6NrQo

My favourite fight. Ever. Especially 2:40.

That's the video (primarily the complete block of Chun-Li) that made me finally respect "professional" fighting gamers. I still don't get the appeal, but holy shit.

Starcraft 2 is a blast to watch, I will not stand for any comments to the contrary.

It depends on the commentator. Various people have problems with certain commentators, mostly Husky, Gretorp and InControl. I'm not the biggest fan of Husky. Gretorp, however has recently left Fnatic (my favourite team) to focus primarily on improving his commentating, which I applaud, especially if he helps improve NASL to an enjoyable level.

I may suck twelve kinds of ass at Starcraft, but give me a good Artosis and Tasteless stream and my day brightens right up.

Hey, you know what else is great? Quake is pretty great.

kRMn1tj5-Nc

Straaafe jumping.

Oh man, i feel all nostalgic.