The PSN store, in europe at least, is nuts. They often release games on there that literally don't show up anywhere unless you search. There's no section for demos. Most demos get taken off the store after only a few weeks. You can't browse only downloadable games, you have to sort through all the ones that are just trailers and other shit. It's a total joke.

PSP's PSN is still "ongoing maintenance". Just checked with my handheld.

I should add that making me think of Neuromancer, a novel about highly corrupt mega global corporations, isn't giving Sony any breaks. There was an oddly slick and sinister undertone to the video that I liked a great deal.

I should add that making me think of Neuromancer, a novel about highly corrupt mega global corporations, isn't giving Sony any breaks. There was an oddly slick and sinister undertone to the video that I liked a great deal.

I kinda felt it was a bit "Shin-Ra" Final Fantasy VII, so I know exactly what you mean there.

I want a looping animated gif of his hand gesture at 34 seconds, but I can't be bothered to pirate photoshop again.

I want a looping animated gif of his hand gesture at 34 seconds, but I can't be bothered to pirate photoshop again.

HANDS.gif

Oh god.

Edited by Thompson

I like how they decided to film it against a dark cityscape. Makes it feel all ivory-towery and ominous to me.

Kaz Hirai also has a perfect evil guy chair. I bet it rotates really smoothly.

Nice one Thompson I've tweaked it in GIMP to suit my requirements.

OlDwH.gif

nice gif :tup:.

It's still down for me, I did that update that they asked but haven't got a password reset thing, so I guess the network restore hasn't been rolled out to Gibraltar, or possibly Spain for that matter, oh well, I've been playing Darksiders and Batman in the meantime and they're both awesome!

Why's he got a lightsaber on his desk?

It's for when Mace Windu and cohorts arrive.

kazcanfeelyouranger.jpg

I'm interested to see the terms of subscribing to identity protection services. That's prettymuch the most they can reasonably do to compensate for the information theft, but i doubt many people will take advantage of it.

So any word if Sony is going reimburse developers in any way for their service being down for a month? After all, part of the importance of the PSN store was to provide demos, trailers, and other various promotional crap for the games that are playable on their system, not to mention the downloadable games that have been completely unavailable.

So any word if Sony is going reimburse developers in any way for their service being down for a month? After all, part of the importance of the PSN store was to provide demos, trailers, and other various promotional crap for the games that are playable on their system, not to mention the downloadable games that have been completely unavailable.

I suppose that all depends on the contracts they have written out with the different publishers. Regardless, Sony is definitely going to have some legal and civil troubles, as well as lost good will from publishers from this for a long time.

I'm guessing Sony's exclusive deals are about to get pricier.

Two free PS3 games might actually be an acceptable apology. Except for the loyal PS3 owners who already have LBP, Infamous, and Wipeout - which is pretty likely.

Eh, so I made my first PSN login now. I don't get the welcome back stuff, but I don't care anyway, the only thing interesting there was LBP PSP and I got that one. ;)

What I did notice is that PSP is pretty much useless in PSN if the store is not open and that is supposed to open next weekend I guess. Also I made the login for Finland as in European region and no extra stuff seems to be even open for Europe or more specifically Finland? I doubt I'd even use Qriocity, but that's not working here.

Do I presume correctly that if I make a second login for example to USA, I have to use different sign in ID (different email) and a different PSN account name?

PSN Hacked again

Eurogamer has seen video evidence that verifies reports that Sony's PlayStation Network password reset system suffers from an exploit that allows attackers to change your password using only your PSN account email and your date of birth – information compromised in the PSN hack of 20th April.