I was shocked to read today that the PSN is still down after the hack that took place four weeks ago? I don't own a PS3, but I was wondering how this is affecting PS3 users... Does that mean the whole network is down? Like if XBL went down? No demos? No games you can buy? No multiplayer gaming?

Has anyone had any important CC details stolen or anything like that? Really surprised that it's still down!

No anything internet at all. Of course, as I don't have internet at home and that's where my PS3 lives, it hasn't effected me too much. Still, I've been keeping a close eye on my bank's website at every opportunity to make sure my CC is secure.

Games and the console can supposedly still be updated, but everything else is indeed toast. I keep hearing that it won't be up until at least May 31st which seems mental yet believable to me.

Yeah, really surprised that it is still down. Updating games works though.

Has anyone had any important CC details stolen or anything like that?

I don't know. But I'll find that out when it's already too late.

Also, not being able to get a compromised network back online within 2 weeks is simply incompetence.

It's slightly funny that I can't yet do anything with PSN. I've had the PSP soon two weeks, but I got many disc games to play so I'm not missing anything. The console did update itself from the Sony server.

I haven't even created a PSN id yet.

I have a PS3, but I haven't turned it on in a while. I only buy the occasional PS3/console exclusives, so I don't tend to buy/play a lot on it. So, I haven't really missed PSN at all. Can't say that I missed the Dutch PSN store layout. I don't know who is responsible for that shit, but it's HORRIBLE. Especially when you got the US one which is spiffy and relatively easy to browse.

No such thing as a Dutch PSN store, it's a UK store localized in Dutch. So blame the brits.

Sounds like a win to me, if Sony aren't just trying to make us trust them and have actually implemented all these new firewalls and "early intrusion detection" systems then that's great, but I'd imagine that at the same time, they've lost so much by now that I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't exactly finished but rolling this out anyways.

And then, as I finished typing this I heard the words,"Welcome Back Package." so all is good.

For something that hasn't effected me in the slightest, I get 45 free days of EQ2, SWG, DCUO, PlanetSide and Vanguard, so I'm pretty happy with the end results. :grin:

Also, not being able to get a compromised network back online within 2 weeks is simply incompetence.

Well, it is somewhat understandable though that if their security sucked, it would take a while to develop/deploy/test the security improvements, as Kazuo Hirai also noted in that video.

Damn. Nicely handled in their video. Why didn't we get one of those when RRoD was discovered? Almost makes me watch to switch. That said, their original security was apparently shockingly poor. Hmm :hmph:

Video lacked sincerity to me, but that might have been lost in translation. Frankly the free month of Plus is kind of a really lame attempt at recompense. If I wanted Plus, I would have signed up for it. Give me $10 to use on PSN or something - enough for some DLC or a PSN classic.

yeah i agree. none of the crap they're offering is anything i have interest in. give me a free copy of twisted metal 2 or something, i'd be stoked on that.

Video lacked sincerity to me, but that might have been lost in translation.

It was very corporate, but I still liked it. Made me think of Neuromancer for some odd reason.

Still down in Finland as well. Is the password reset hidden in a menu somewhere or will it pop up when the network is back online?