Sno

Soul Calibur V

Maybe if they did stop, these games would stop making money, they would stop making them, and you have nothing to play. Then you'd have to go and play some other genre where folks would mildly insult you with names like "scrub".

No offense. :)

The community is large enough as it is. Not as big as eSports, but better than no players. If I lose, I lose. I wanted to get into League of Legends badly, but I just realized that it isn't my game so I stepped away & respected that decision. I just don't get why people get so salty. You're playing for fun, not for money, no wager (mainly aimed at the players that go to Fighting game casuals that I attend monthly). But don't get me wrong. I have been called a "retard", "fucking dipshit", laughed at hysterically & looked down on for doing badly at games I honestly don't care about/do care about. I respect my opponents but I won't say anything back when they play like ass at my game. Yet instead, I vent it out in my gameplay in fighters. It's my middle finger to them :)

Go easy on them. They can't do it all on their own -- I mean, they're no supermans.

You somehow think this is aimed at you guys. Mainly just one, but the rest are aimed at the others at casuals. Many mans.

1. What is a scrub?

2. Did you miss the point of DanJW's post?

3. Not trying to be a dick.

That's all I have for now.

1. What is a scrub?

2. I think DanJW was talking about something else?

That's all I have for now.

Heh, I don't think so. I'm not offended. I'm always up for a decent discussion. Right & wrongs :)

EDIT: Oh to answer your question "I forget if it's just someone who's cheap, or someone who uses the most common easy tactics, or someone who's lousy and blames it on everyone else."

Wherein it refers to gaming, a scrub is generally accepted to be a non-novice who still plays like a novice.

In the fighting game scene, it's a label usually only applied to people who are unwilling or unable to improve their skill set past a certain point, while also complaining vehemently about their losses. (Such and such strategies being "cheap" and the like.)

Complaining about scrubs isn't equivalent to complaining about newbies, a detail that i think some of you guys might of missed.

A scrub is the guy who will send you a barely coherent rage mail after you kick their ass online, it is not the broader novice audience.

Wherein it refers to gaming, a scrub is generally accepted to be a non-novice who still plays like a novice.

In the fighting game scene, it's a label usually only applied to people who are unwilling or unable to improve their skill set past a certain point, while also complaining vehemently about their losses. (Such and such strategies being "cheap" and the like.)

Complaining about scrubs isn't equivalent to complaining about newbies, a detail that i think some of you guys might of missed.

A scrub is the guy who will send you a barely coherent rage mail after you kick their ass online, it is not the broader novice audience.

:tup:

I already did that joke, miffy :angry:

I know, and I saw what you did there, but I the fact that he actually started a sentence with "a scrub is the guy who..." made it irresistable.