toblix

Hitman: Absolution

Could be interesting, I always liked the first one the most, but they've always been fun games regardless.

I'd almost say they are better off making the game, but just doing a new story/world/or something.

One of the coolest aspects of the Hitman games to me, which it shares with for example Half-Life, is that so much of the gameplay takes place in realistic locations rather than fantastical, improbable realms. It has all the other mechanics that also makes it great, of course, but I'm not sure it would be as memorable if you had to sneak in and out of futuristic military bases and not a mental institution or a children's birthday party.

Square Enix has revealed that the game will be based on IO Interactive's new proprietary "Glacier 2 technology."

Really, Glacier 2? Sounds an awful lot like Frostbite 2 to me.

I'm onto you, Square Enix.

Ah, interesting, this is just new? I saw some Hitorc stuff on the Nordic today, I will go ask them about it tomorrow.

I played through a couple of missions of Blood Money over a year ago. Quite enjoyed it, but I couldn't help but feel that it would have been vastly superior if it had been a "new" game. Everything was so stiff and none of the actions were context sensitive at all. For example, I fucked up a mission three times in a row because I wasn't able to stick a syringe in a guard properly just because he was sitting. The mission structure, mechanics, etc. were excellent though, and I really hope they won't change things much for the new game. I want to finish a Hitman!

I couldnt play blood money because it required 60 herz, which for some reason my tv decided it wouldnt give to this particular game.

I just asked the io interactive people about the new hitorc and they couldnt tell me a goddamn thing. We will have to wait til e3 :)

It would be so sweet to sneak into a medieval fortress, avoiding being seen by patrolling knights and pikemen, climb a rickety wooden ladder to the top of the tallest tower, hide behind a bail of hay or some other medieval prop and then unpack and assembling a high-powered sniper rifle. Time Travelling Hitorc would be totally fucking magical. The future, the past – no one will be or were perfectly safe!

Well, the plot doesn't matter and never has. It's all about the missions.

Yes, but one thing all my favourite games have in common is that they're not directly linked to what is bound to be a festering turd of a movie. Instead of asking "how can we make this game good?" they will ask "how can we tie this into the movie?" and proceed to ruin everything.

This is pure speculation, of course, though highly informed.

I loved Blood Money. Played it several times. The plot was even approaching passable - for me the payoff at the end of the game was well worth it. I prefer they go the lower key 'Bourne-ish' intrigue route and stay away from all the scifi clone nonsense.

But yes the main draw is the locations and scenarios. And the wonderful set pieces. And the various options for dispatching targets. And the silly disguises. Looking forward to this.

Not sure? Holy shit.

That's a meme.

Hopefully you were joking with that or else you just got trolled for your troll, although that would mean that I just got trolled for trolling your original troll.

Recursive troll.

or else you just got trolled for your troll, although that would mean that I just got trolled for trolling your original troll.

Yea.. let's go with that. :shifty:

WARNING: I have nothing useful to add to this thread.

This afternoon a phrase appeared in my head for no reason:

"dolphin riding minigame"

I thought to myself: OK, in what?

"Hitman"

Instantly an image appeared in my head of Agent 47—in trademark black suit, red tie, and humorless expression—riding a dolphin across the waves.

I cracked up in front of my co-workers.

Sadly, I don't think I will ever play Hitman: Absolution because it can never live up to my secret desire.