pabosher

iOS Gaming

Really? I tried it on my 5C and found the audio stuttered constantly and the game to be actually unplayable. 

Whoops, it's Sword & Poker 2 that runs fine. I did have some issues with Sword & Poker 1, but it definitely wasn't unplayable for me. Sometimes it would freeze at the end of a floor and I'd have to redo it. Annoying, but I was still able to get through it.

Terra Battle - This game is very good. Tile based RPG with awesome soundtrack. It's pretty challenging. I feel the Final Fantasy all over.
Star Wars Commander- Resource Gathering and Tower Defense game in one. It's has very good graphics and sound. Rebels vs. Empire!
Pokemon Trading Card Game - It's like the physical card game but on iPad. Slow loading times to start but it's pretty good.

All free on iTunes.

You enjoyed retrying over and over again in flappy bird, NOW retry again in this season hottest new rip off from Rovio: #Retry

You enjoyed retrying over and over again in flappy bird, NOW retry again in this season hottest new rip off from Rovio: #Retry

How is this is even remotely a rip-off of Flappy Bird???

:) fleshed out rip off then. The core mechanic is the same, difficult to control flying game, insta death, insta retry. They've just fleshed it out

I wouldn't be surprised if this game was born of a bunch of people huddled around a white board depicting a crudely drawn flappy bird.

Flappy bird is wildly successful > steal core mechanic > profit

This is mobile development after all, if you're not ripping off indies YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. Why risk time and money on an original idea in the unpredictable mobile game market? Just copy whatever's floating around the top of the app charts. A billion match three games. A billion tower defense games. And coming soon to an App Store near you, a billion flappy bird inspired games. I know we've already had a ton of flappy bird clones, but now we'll start seeing the AAA games if you were, that take longer to develop start appearing in the App Store

I guess rip-off is the wrong word. I mean inspired by. But not inspired artistically, they've been inspired by the flappy bird download stats

Haha, yeah while watching the trailer it seemed pretty obvious they were referencing the exceedingly difficult nature of Flappy Bird that made it so popular, and of course the core mechanic is the same (as the games Flappy Bird aped it from) except with the ability to control direction too — which sounds god damn impossible.

I like it though, I just hope the game itself has the same soundtrack as the trailer.

80 DAYS

So, I just ended up wasting maybe two weeks in Yokohama. I tapped a route to San Francisco, Fogg said something about negotiating, and a "$740 to leave in two days" option popped up. I must have tapped that, because my $$ – sorry, ££ – went down. When I tried to "depart" – I'm pretty sure it was the right day – the only option available was the £2500 sailing. Except, since I'd already handed over £740, I didn't have enough anymore. So I waited for a transfer – of course, the week-long transfer is the only one that would now give me the funds I needed.

I'd been enjoying it up to this point, but either I messed up or there's something janky about that negotiating system. There is definitely some occasional weirdness when different aspects of the dynamic text collide, and I'm no fan of steampunk, but I'm already looking forward to my second (hopefully more successful) playthrough.

Oh, I should also credit 80 Days for making me feel as anxious about making a travel connection as I do in real life. Good work, assholes. ;)

Yeah, I spent probably two-three weeks in Yokohama as well.

Upon arrival Fogg contracted some illness that kept him bedridden for at least a week. I had also run out of money by the time I reached that city so I then needed to wait for quite some time to receive new funds, which, because of the expense of travelling from the city, ran out immediately again.

Yeah, I spent probably two-three weeks in Yokohama as well.

Upon arrival Fogg contracted some illness that kept him bedridden for at least a week. I had also run out of money by the time I reached that city so I then needed to wait for quite some time to receive new funds, which, because of the expense of travelling from the city, ran out immediately again.

I think the funds error might have been my mistake: as far as I can tell, you pay one amount to make the boat leave earlier (a bribe), and then you again pay for the ticket. I've made two runs through the game now, and it SEEMS like it's almost never worth it to bribe. The extra wait is usually a good excuse to get more funds from the bank.

On the one hand, I wish I hadn't accidentally read the "cheat" a few posts back re: Fogg's health, cause it's been hard for me to resist it, but not having to worry about that variable made my second run much more pleasant (if less interesting, maybe). I got thrown a real surprising narrative twist, though, and now I see why this game is so well-liked.

Anyone else find themselves just skimming the text by the time you're a few legs out of London with a week left?

That's when the text is most important because it's trying to screw you with every last roadblock it has.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet

I think new hit man go levels are available in that app too. New bite sized pieces of content for those games you put down six months ago and had no intention of ever playing again \o/

Redownloaded Hit Mango only to discover that my save file is gone, the one where I had every single challenge thing done. I guess I'm a dummy.

I'm almost certainly not going to buy new Monument Valley chapters because the previous chapters were so limited and obvious. I liked the flavour but I can't say I really felt good about the purchase.

Anyone else pick up Framed? The animation and style as a whole are fantastic but so far I've been disappointed with the puzzle design. A lot of the frames don't really clearly indicate how your character will interact with them, so I've had to do a fair bit of guessing which really isn't satisfying. Still, it does look very good and I've only just finished what seems to be the first chapter, so I'm hoping it picks up.

Huh. It took me two or three tries to understand what was going on in the trailer, whose sole purpose should be to communicate the game's mechanics to you. That doesn't sounds promising.

It's a cool concept. Seems like it would be expensive to  produce content for, since each combination seems to need a custom interaction.

I finished it. It's pretty short (I've seen people say they got through it in half an hour, but it's hard for me to say for sure since I split it up into multiple sessions; I'd be inclined to guess closer to an hour) and while the general mechanic is pretty simple to get once you have your hands on it, it doesn't communicate well the one mechanic they add later on where you can reuse frames (whose state can change due to the person running through and interacting with ti) while the playthrough is ongoing.

A lot of the frames don't really clearly indicate how your character will interact with them, so I've had to do a fair bit of guessing which really isn't satisfying.

I think the trial and error (a failed run through a scene can reveal certain interactions) is part of what they expect you to do to get through it.

Felt I got my money's worth, but there's nothing to replay for so if you're worried about money/time value maybe wait for a sale.

TouchTone by Mikengreg 

NSA surveillance themed puzzler.

Pretty neat so far!

If you solve something, say something.

In today's world, it's all on the line. Answer the call.

Join your fellow citizens to decrypt suspicious messages and help make our nation safer and stronger! For every puzzle you solve, for every dangerous message you bring to our attention, you make your family and your country that much safer.

Solve high-level decryption algorithms through a puzzle-like interface, then uncover potential plots and unmask suspicious individuals. Reach into their past to follow their movements and uncover their motives, track their associations and evaluate the threat.

The guilty have nowhere to run.

The innocent have nothing to hide.