pabosher

iOS Gaming

It's okay clyde, I think you're hipster fucking bullshit, too!

[sighs with relief]

It's a lot of work to be a pop-culture snob. I'm glad it's paying off.

Speaking of Terry, he linked to A Ride Into The Mountains yesterday. It is very indie with its big pixels, but actually it's a nice little archery game, well presented. It manages to vary stuff without any of it feeling tacky or bolted on.

8AlgeKl.png

You are so fucking wrong about that  :P

pHwxSx9.png

See? That's nearly three (Fnar. It's one of the deepest games I've played on iOS).

Edit: Also, Badland has really good level design and art. It may be the helicopter game, but of many variants I've had sent to me, it's the best by far.

I mean no disrespect in any way, English isn't my first language so sometimes i'm worried that i come trough sounding angry or in some way aggressive. I really aren't, it's just the easiest way for me to explain how i feel.

But here is the thing, why on earth would you suggest a pony ridding game to a grown ass man? I agree that the graphics and art style of the game looks really nice, that is and only if the target audience is 12 year old girls!

I'm in no way an intellectual, but would agree that video games is an art form. There are just times where i feel that games forget to be games and try to hard to be all these other things, that being more true on the app store than the other platforms. So when a somewhat simple man like myself starts looking for a game and everyone arounds me keep suggestion me these hipster fucking bullshit (Shout out to Twig) games, i find it hard to believe that it's more than hype. 

But here is the thing, why on earth would you suggest a pony ridding game to a grown ass man?

ahahahahahaha

okay, we get it, you're a big boy

now grow up

I think this is just a simple misunderstanding caused by the language barrier.

But here is the thing, why on earth would you suggest a pony ridding game to a devoted donkey man?

There. Fixed. Should make more sense now.

But here is the thing, why on earth would you suggest a pony ridding game to a grown ass man?

oh man, I was trying to take you seriously, but language barrier or no, I give up.

why would you suggest a pony ridding game to this man

this man loves ponies

why would he want to be rid of them

Don't feed the trolls.

But I need to eat. ):

ahahahahahaha

okay, we get it, you're a big boy

now grow up

Feel better about yourself now? And what's up we the we part all of the sudden, do you represent the forum as a whole or are you to weak to stand by your own childish actions?

Reading some of your other forum posts i noticed that your nothing more than an unemployed bum, with to much time on his hands, so i really shouldn't be bothered with you. But i signed up to this forum in hope of something different, oh well..

Feel better about yourself now? And what's up we the we part all of the sudden, do you represent the forum as a whole or are you to weak to stand by your own childish actions?

Reading some of your other forum posts i noticed that your nothing more than an unemployed bum, with to much time on his hands, so i really shouldn't be bothered with you. But i signed up to this forum in hope of something different, oh well..

QSCr4D9.jpg

If you think Twig is the worst the internet has to offer, I think you're better off someplace other than here.

Oh man, guys, I'd love to know about some iOS games...

...okay, I'll come back later.

Oh man, guys, I'd love to know about some iOS games...

...okay, I'll come back later.

Haha, yeah this thread kinda went down hill real quick.

To get back on track, I'm still playing Hero Academy after all this time. F'ing love that game.

Rymdkapsel is pretty great. Surreal RTS/Tetris thingy. Pretty addicting. I'm playing it on iPad. I'd imagine it's a bit hard to play on an iPhone.

Also, Double Fine out out rhythm game Dropchord. Bought it but haven't tried it yet.

If you think Twig is the worst the internet has to offer, I think you're better off someplace other than here.

No, it's okay, it's just a language barrier thing. He doesn't MEAN to be so MEAN!

I dig the krautrock soundtrack for Rymdkapsel, but I was hoping for something with a little more strategic depth than what you get in the game. I think the design decision to take away some command agency from the player, and only allow you to control the type of actions your workers can perform was probably the right idea for an iOS game, but in practice it is frustrating when you see your workers make some extremely inefficient pathfinding decisions.

I wish you could speed it up. 75 mins and then a sudden failure:/

I got pixel defenders puzzle. It's rather good and rather addictive.

Rymdkapsel is frustrating because it suffers from the same dumb-agents problem that sclpls noted. It's the worst when you're building a long corridor. Everyone will grab a reactor unit, until the first minion gets there, at which point everyone discards their reactor unit and goes for a resource unit, and repeat back to reactor. And when choosing a weapons module to go to, each minion just selects the closest one to them, and the closest minions to each unit get priority. Ideally, there would be some heuristic whereby it would minimize the overall time until everyone's in a room. But no.

It gets to the point where I felt I was spending more effort compensating for their stupidity than on actually accomplishing the objectives. I can understand why they chose the levels of abstraction that they did—blunt controls for simplicity, individual agents for the deaths and resurrection mechanic—but it ends up really sapping my energy to deal with it. Plus the overall depth is minimal enough that you've seen all you're going to see by the second play-through, and nothing really to justify going through an hour+ of repetitive gameplay just to try and get further in the end levels. I feel like Kingdom Rush (& KR:Frontiers) strike a much better balance of time-investment, plus just have a lot more depth in general.

BTW, you can cheat the Tetris mechanic by placing and then canceling a piece, which still advances you one in the queue.

I wish you could speed it up. 75 mins and then a sudden failure:/

Hold three fingers down on the screen at once. I figured this out by randomly trying shit. You're welcome. :)

If Candy Crush Saga had all the candies be in the same place when you restart a level, rather than being randomly generated, I would think it was a really good game.

As it is now, the starting board they give you is a crap-shoot that can completely ruin any chance to win without paying money or restarting many times. I don't mind the timed extra-lives, it puts some emphasis on each attempt, but the random candy placement says to me "This may not be possible with skill alone".