ThunderPeel2001

Bitchy thread tags

:tup: I support the motion to vote:oldman: then let people settle the rest of their personal grief using PM.

I can't see the content of the code bit in the following page, but option 1. seems easily implementable and would work for existing tags.

This is perfectly acceptable.

(And because it made me chuckle; No, TP, it wouldn't at all.)

Amicably resolving disagreements without descending into name calling and swearing fits?

I am pleased to be here.

Oh, that didn't actually happen. I redacted a swear but the meaning was clear (they've been edited now and I've chucked myself into the Punishment Well).

Sorry; I've got it out of my system now and I sha'n't do it again.

Oh, that didn't actually happen. I redacted a swear but the meaning was clear (they've been edited now and I've chucked myself into the Punishment Well).

Oh, well then i'm very disappointed, i guess. :blink:

Man, all that really made me want to tag this tread "Tanu likes cats" in addition to the "Thunder complains" that I'd already added, but I'm not allowed. In any case, I support being able to see who added what tag. I love the meta-comedy in tags that this forum has seemed to get a lot of, but have always felt sort of uncomfortable with (particularly) things like "Tanu doesn't get it." (ASIDE: Though honestly, it is sometimes applicable [sorry Tanu], it does get abused and I can see how it could be hurtful.) So yes, accountability in tagging!

1. Tags become accountable in some way (e.g. hold the mouse over them and the author's name pops up)

Totally in favour of this too :tup:

I vote for... accountability. But if that isn't available, my second vote is for keeping them and everyone trying to keep the language/spirit friendly - less "bitch"s and "retard"s - because I do always check them and often find them very funny.

(And a quick clarification that if this is the positive thread mentioned earlier, I started it because of someone saying we were getting into a rut of slagging things off, not because of tags.)

Tags are disabled now. Guys, showing who posted tags everyone's mad about won't make things better, it just spreads ill will. And without the ability to apply a retroactive amnesty, I'm not doing that.

So the choices are:

a) People learn to use them maturely

B) They stay disabled

Tags are disabled now. Guys, showing who posted tags everyone's mad about won't make things better, it just spreads ill will. And without the ability to apply a retroactive amnesty, I'm not doing that.

So the choices are:

a) People learn to use them maturely

B) They stay disabled

:hmph: Didn't see that coming.

Would it really spread ill will to see the authors of given tags? Surely no more than there is already... Or maybe it would? I don't know.

Can't you delete all existing tags, enable the accountability-o-tron, and then re-enable the tags again?

This is the Solomon school of lawmaking. Not too cool. Personally, I would stand by every bitchy tag I have put down.

Tags are disabled now. [...]

Crying%20Baby%20Natural%20High%20for%20Some%20Moms.jpg

That's a shame, I liked them. Maybe something can be worked out though.

Maybe we could give people a window to delete any tags they don't want repercussions from? Also, I've given this some thought, and I don't necessarily think it would spread ill will? I think this thread has shown that even the hurtful stuff was not intended to hurt, it was just ill-judged.

Maybe we could give people a window to delete any tags they don't want repercussions from? Also, I've given this some thought, and I don't necessarily think it would spread ill will? I think this thread has shown that even the hurtful stuff was not intended to hurt, it was just ill-judged.

Works for me. Go delete any tags you don't want others to see you wrote (and if so, maybe think hard about whether you should have written them in the first place) and I'll re-enable visible usernames in a couple of days.

Works for me. Go delete any tags you don't want others to see you wrote (and if so, maybe think hard about whether you should have written them in the first place) and I'll re-enable visible usernames in a couple of days.

Hooray! :tup:

Holy shit holy shit now I have to go through every thread I've ever posted in!

Hey! Did some of the tags on this thread get deleted? Mine were hilarious!

Mine were the "thunder doesn't get it" and "when will thunder get it?" tags. Hee hee!