Thompson

Far Cry 3

PiratePoo and I managed to do some of the coop, after a bit of a rough start. It's weird. It doesn't really feel like Far Cry in any sensible way. We mostly just wandered along a straight path, shooting guys until we were told to stand still in an area for a bit and shoot guys. The only genuinely entertaining bits were interstitial competitions between the players - in one case we were driving ATVs around trying to grab and plant bombs faster than each other, and in another we were just plonked on a bridge and given sniper rifles while enemies milled about in a village below.

All in all one has to wonder why so many parts of this game (the multiplayer, the coop and the campaign missions specifically) seem to be actively working against the interesting open world systems that make the rest of it enjoyable.

I had a blast trying to stay online long enough to tell you guys I couldn't play because of said internet issues! I just ended up playing single player, arrowing things, watching dogs dive into water and die instantly

EEEuuurggh! This game needs...

Some of it is so cool. But it really needs variety. "Hey look, it's the same cave I've been in a hundred times!" "I like that boulder, it's nice boulder, it's followed my all over the island!" "Oh look, another perfectly sunny day! And with the exact same blade of grass that's everywhere!"

And the RPG's disappoint me every time I shoot a building and it doesn't blow up. Starting a fire disappoints ever time it stop 30 seconds later and buildings that were on fire are totally spotless. Every time I use the bow I have to recover my arrows within about a minute or the bodies disappear.

Curse you limits of current gen consoles! Ok, yes part of it is the developer. But a lot of it, can be, or could be, or at least in large part is thanks to 512mb of ram and very limited processing power of seven year old consoles.

Yeah, what is it lack of variation in weather? I think I've had one thunderstorm, one shower of rain and the rest is blue skies and sunshine.

Yeah, what is it lack of variation in weather? I think I've had one thunderstorm, one shower of rain and the rest is blue skies and sunshine.

Goddamn tropical islands with their idyllic weather!

rainstorms are terrifying because you can't hear wildlife sneaking up on you. On that same note, I don't care how good the music might be because I need it off to hear komodo dragons hissing at me etc.

Goddamn tropical islands with their idyllic weather!

Hey, if it doesn't get me wet or cold, I'd much prefer some occasional clouds or a rainstorm to constant sunshine.

Where's the confusion? Or do you have some kind of sprinkler peripheral that covers you in water if there's rain in a game?

Hey, if it doesn't get me wet or cold, I'd much prefer some occasional clouds or a rainstorm to constant sunshine.

I went to an east coast radio tower to unlock it early in the game and the sky went grey and it started raining so it can happen. but it wasnt a full-on monsoon like i'd hoped, and would of befitted a south Pacific Archaepeligo. I play Far Cry 3 for an hour and it makes me play Far Cry 2 for 2 hours out of missing the realism. God i love Far Cry 2.

Ha! I love it!

Same, I think I found the optimal soundtrack for work.

I keep quietly hoping that Cry Guy will mutter, "Disgusting," while looting a corpse exactly the way he does when skinning animals, but Far Cry 3 doesn't have the ludonarrative balls, do they?

I keep quietly hoping that Cry Guy will mutter, "Disgusting," while looting a corpse exactly the way he does when skinning animals, but Far Cry 3 doesn't have the ludonarrative balls, do they?

He did make sounds of disgust during the mission where you photograph dead bodies.

He did make sounds of disgust during the mission where you photograph dead bodies.

Yeah, I was hoping for something more along the lines of "I no longer see this as human" rather than "This dude is creeping me out and I am afraid of dead bodies"

Tips & Tricks: If you're like me, you'd do everything you can on the first island, before moving on to the second one.

But WAIT! by doing the mission that takes you across to the second island, you unlock the next tier of weapons, as well as a new traversal tool, that is Just Cause-ian in nature. Worth going through the story enough to get this stuff before going around cleaning up relics and missions.

I find an ancient tribal tablet, perhaps it tells of a legend, or maybe a monument to a fierce warrior. We may never know.

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=112660928

Haha, whatever I thought that link was going to be, that was not what I expected.

Tips & Tricks: If you're like me, you'd do everything you can on the first island, before moving on to the second one.

But WAIT! by doing the mission that takes you across to the second island, you unlock the next tier of weapons, as well as a new traversal tool, that is Just Cause-ian in nature. Worth going through the story enough to get this stuff before going around cleaning up relics and missions.

Interesting... not sure how far away i am from the second island. I was just blazing up a field of da 'erb with my homes skrillex.

Why wait for Ubi to patch the game when you have crazily dedicated modders for a game with no SDK?

Holy fuck.

This is a partial list: in the link above, each one of these is a link to a mod. It looks like the 'Compilation mod' is the rolling update of the most-requested features (you can only have one edited 'patch.dat' file at a time).

Better sights mod

Delete Minimap

Enchance to weapon holster

Compilation (Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz + Beverhund HUD mod compilation + Leechmongers attachement mod + KyodanXD Objective icon removal)

Ultra-Low Configuration Mod

How to remove the wallhack tagging when using the camera

Stop object blinking

Alternate main menu mod

Turn Off White Stealth Indicators (hex edit)

Compilation 1.4 (Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz + Beverhund HUD mod compilation + Leechmongers attachement mod + KyodanXD Objective icon removal + object blinking removal by tom.solo + Wallhack removal by KyodanXD)

Compilation 1.5 (Unlocked 2nd island weapons by teknogek1300 + Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz + Beverhund HUD mod compilation + Leechmongers attachement mod + KyodanXD Objective icon removal + object blinking removal by tom.solo + Wallhack removal by KyodanXD (UPDATED to include animal tagging))

You know, I wouldn't remove the minimap. The actual map is too crap, and you need a map. I'd prefer a much larger map you could call up with a button, that wouldn't pause the game.