Thompson

Far Cry 3

Kinda lame that the guards immediately assumed a tiger mauling was done by you, but still sounds pretty fun.

Yeah, it's more of a "Oh gosh, a dead body, everyone on high alarm I guess!"

It feels a bit easy. I've cleared out all of the camps in the first island, which wasn't a huge challenge. It's just so easy to be in control of the situation, especially if you tag everybody before attacking. It was challenging at first, but as soon as you do some hunting and get a few weapons to choose from, most of what you encounter is pretty easy. Unless you decide to turn it into a performance, but I'd much rather feel like I only barely made it than some huge badass killing a hundred dudes without breaking a sweat. I think it would be fine without all the things that give you an unfair edge, like the tagging superpower.

I'm still having a lot of fun, though. I guess I should try the hardest difficulty.

Your right, I'm finding it pretty easy. I've just whacked the difficulty up to hard.

I just witnessed world war three between man and Komodo dragon

Oh and the best loot I've found so far is 'a photo of a dwarf'

Yea, I've noticed this as well and have since cranked up the difficulty to hard. I'm enjoying hard mode, even though Jason Broman can still take a huge amount of punishment. Though I think the whole game is probably gonna be easier in general if you take a stealthy approach to things. Assuming all of us are playing stealthy. I'm a pretty stealthy guy with my silenced pistol, silenced assault rifle, silenced sniper rifle and bow and arrow.

Having a blast with it. Some of the wonky AI cracks me up. I just finished taking over this one pirate encampment and in the pulled out shot of the whole camp, I see the car with rebels arriving; straight into a lake.

sold

Well, I wouldn't say it's easier when doing a stealthy run. You get more XP and more skills, but if you choose to use the big guns and just rain hell on guys, you'll make short work of any camp.

Well, I wouldn't say it's easier when doing a stealthy run. You get more XP and more skills, but if you choose to use the big guns and just rain hell on guys, you'll make short work of any camp.

Yea, and I'm on the 2nd island now and started dying a lot more.

Coincidentally I've been playing MGS3 HD the past week or so, which is of course stealthy, jungle-based, and full of biting fuck animals. Putting me well in the mood for FC3!

I'm a bit concerned about the difficulty. I like a challenge, currently playing MGS3 on extreme. I don't want it to become impossibly unbalanced in the later game though, so keep us posted on that front. :tup:

I wish I had the patience to type up a full story right now, but I don't.

TL;DW edition: Stalking out an enemy base with Sniper. Take out first couple guys, run in and steal an AK. Dudes rushing me, so I run and jump into the river in order to escape. As I swimming around the base, I'm caught by a crocodile and have a crazy fight QTE. I win, then kill all the dudes in the base. It was rad.

So I`d been stalking around an area for a while, looking for buffalo. I kept running out of ammo, and some buffalo leather would make a splendid addition to the evergrowing quilt that is my ammo pouch.

I finally spot some in the distance, next to a crossroads, so I zoom in with my camera, making sure to mark them all, then sneak down the hill, compound bow at the ready. I get down there, and line up my shot on the closest one. "Finally."

Just as I draw my arrow back, I hear the SCREEE of car brakes right behind me.

"Oh fu-BLAM

My view is instantly on the ground, and stays there for a moment before it fades to black.

It's not a perfect little narrative like some annectdoes, but I enjoy that I can I be wiped out by a freak mishap or by being taken off guard, just as sudden as when I snuff out a random pirate in the jungle, or watch one get mauled by a tiger.

Anyone encounter a crocodile yet? So good!

ANECDOTE: It was the middle of the night, and I stumbled across an enemy outpost across a large river. I got myself into a great vantage position, hiding in some long grass behind a tree. I pull out my silenced sniper rifle, and start taking strategic potshots, taking them out in a clean, orderly manner. No-one has seen me.

As my magazine runs empty, I'm feeling pretty chuffed with how well I'm managing to stealth this encounter. I begin to reload, and as my Far Cry guy (Cry Guy) is banging the fresh mag into the rifle, a crocodile pounces from the water and pulls me under. I proceed to mash buttons in a quicktime event where Cry Guy is stabbing the everloving bejezus of this crocodile. I finally triumph, and swim to the surface to grab some air.

When I poke my head out from the water, I'm staring at about five guys unloading their assault rifles at me. WAKKA WAKKA.

The best I've found is a pair of 'Pink Handcuffs' in underground ruins, supposedly untouched for decades.

I was a dude by a stream. "Hmm, I wonder what she's cooking for dinner..." CHOMP! Crocodile pulls him under. Okay, that was totally a spoiler

This island sure has a peculiar mix of wildlife. I think Noah crashed his boat here.

Oh, regarding the criticism about the torture subtext... I wasn't really buying it at first (I heard it more as people threatening with torture but not actually doing it), but the goddamn Buck missions turned my head on that issue. Stupid fucking thing to put in this game.

The whole body looting business is boring as hell and should have been cut from the game.

I'm loving the pop out cover mechanic, its works really well

I'm a little miffed as to why you can't vault through widows, especially when Cry Guy has a vaulting animation that activates occasionally when you're jumping over rocks. it's a little jarring when practically every other video game in the past few years has allowed you to do this

I'm a little miffed as to why you can't vault through widows

:huh:

I'm a little miffed as to why you can't vault through widows, especially when Cry Guy has a vaulting animation that activates occasionally when you're jumping over rocks. it's a little jarring when practically every other video game in the past few years has allowed you to do this

Yep! Feel exactly the same. Have run up to a window and bunny hopped up and down a bit several times. Especially frustrating when I'm trying to flee from newly alerted enemies.

Huh, according to the load screen tips you can blind fire in cover

The shotgun in this games is the nuts

After clearing the towers and outposts in the first island I haven't had anything fun to do. All the story stuff is just rubbish. Then there's a

dream sequence boss that's stupid and I can't finish.

Why does this game feel the need to force me into corridors and other rubbish that's miles away from where the game actually shines?

After clearing the towers and outposts in the first island I haven't had anything fun to do. All the story stuff is just rubbish. Then there's a

dream sequence boss that's stupid and I can't finish.

Why does this game feel the need to force me into corridors and other rubbish that's miles away from where the game actually shines?

i couldnt agree more. its nice its done in engine, but even Half life gives you a bit of wiggle-room in the vut scenes like when your forced to stand and watch the Vorts reanimate Alyx.