Thompson

Far Cry 3

I expect it'll be a far more rigid, forgiving, mainstream title.

Sadly, I don't want that.

"I expect it'll be a far more rigid, forgiving, mainstream title.

Sadly, I don't want that"

That wouldn't be fascinating. I'll tell you... You'll be the one to cry...

this board has the creepiest adbots i've ever seen. :blink:

Seriously, did that ad bot threaten him? I think it did.

The great ad bot uprising of 2012, predicted first here.

Oh, video games.

I think you mean computer and video games.

Seriously, did that ad bot threaten him? I think it did.

The great ad bot uprising of 2012, predicted first here.

Either that or it just predicted that a video game would make me cry. THE COUNTDOWN TO TEARS IS BACK ON!

as much as i liked all the "game hates you" aspects of FC2 i'm not entirely sure i'd want to see it in a new game.

More realistic stealth/better AI. Less bugs. More sandboxy/grenade rolling down hills opportunities. Less bugs. No respawning enemies. Less bugs.

*Ahem*

Has everyone already forgotten it is Video games. As in, two words? For shame.

I have no problem with the respawning enemies. Not sure I could handle more opportunities for snadbox stuff. The game was already crammed to the rafters with them.

Yeah... so I guess after the creative director and a lot of the management got the axe they took a different direction... great.

Eesh. I was excited by the E3 trailer, but that one... I am way back down to "managing expectations".

Within the first 30 seconds of that trailer there was a boob shot and an "I'm on a boat" reference. I want you to think about that.

I assume the man running away at the end of the trailer is the main character and you need to rescue your girly girl. That being said what an asshole of a main character. He grabs a random, probably loaded, AK-

off of some guys table to pose for a Facebook profile picture then calls the man a dick for yelling at him.

The one good takeaway from the trailer was that the main bad guy maintains his absolutely bananas character which could be interesting if done correctly.

Yeah... so I guess after the creative director and a lot of the management got the axe they took a different direction... great.

Whats this? I havent been following the game at all, the director of Far Cry 3 was replaced?

I quite enjoyed that trailer, although the choice of music was horrendous. I like that they're continuing to base the premise on a more intimate kind of plot (ie: traveller's buddy is killed for no real reason, main character barely escapes the same fate, girlfriend is kidnapped to presumably be sold into sex slavery) rather than the usual 'end of the world' bullshit. That simple but very human plot hooks me more than the latest alien/nuclear/magical/terrorist threat.

I mean it's a pre-rendered cinematic trailer that's probably trying to do the same kind of thing Dead Island's trailer did, which is all the rage nowadays — but the core concept seems about the same. It was always going to be about regular doofus people thrown into a world of nutters and scumbags.

I watched the trailer twice over, and the introductory stuff with the camera view was done pretty well. The lens was appropriately dirty, the voice of the person behind the camera at any given time was appropriately adjusted.

My big complaints are three things:

1) The villain's animations when he's screaming at the dude are way off.

2) Dubstep is horrible, I hate this shit music.

3) I'm not sure if I buy into the protagonist being able to throw knives like that. In the E3 trailer I thought it was some sort of skilled guy you were playing.

I don't mind the playable character being a step in the 'bro' direction. Anyway. I think the E3 reveal was way better.

I'm also curious as to whether or not there will be a sufficient amount of "wub wub" in the game. (kill me)

Justin McElroy is killing it with his Stranded Teaser mashups

It's a Wonderful Life

1gbUqEzAvTQ

The Princess Bride

HBKY3oV_NA8

Jerry Maguire

Mhu-Gy68HhU

Whats this? I haven't been following the game at all, the director of Far Cry 3 was replaced?

Before the E3 trailer hit the game was going one direction, then the managing staff was removed and they went in a slightly different direction.

I'm not sure if this was ever reported because it happened before the game was unveiled.

The main character was an ex army doctor on vacation that would crack wise ala Nolan North Nathan Drake looking to get back his girlfriend on a crazy chain of Islands ala Lost.

Still similar, but you can see a shift in these trailers.

Oh god, that trailer is cringe-inducingly awful.

That's also an awful mix of that song, and it doesn't fit the tone of that game at all.

Justin McElroy is killing it with his Stranded Teaser mashups

Yay, SoulChicken is back!

These videos are hilarious; I wonder if the Stranded trailer is completely out of context from the actual game (a la Dead Island). Maybe we don't have to play as Captain Hair Gel.

I hope the video camera makes it off the island. Maybe there's an achievement where you collect all the cameras. And dubstep mixtapes.

I'm a little worried about some reactions I'm seeing to the game now. There seems to be a percent of people on the internet, and I don't know how big that percent is, saying that the game is less interesting now because the protagonist and his friend are "bro's." Which I don't think is correct at all. I mean, yeah, they seem like college guys or whatever, but they aren't Pauly Shore'ing all over the game.

I think we're more concerned that it might be, you know, shit. Far Cry to me is about sandbox man-murder. It might not be that anymore, but it remains to be seen.

Hopefully this is just shitty marketing like that Mass Effect 2 trailer that pretended to be all bad ass.

Hopefully this is just shitty marketing like that Mass Effect 2 trailer that pretended to be all bad ass.

Yeah, what was that about? I suppose different people want different things out of any given franchise, but when I think "Mass Effect" the things that get me excited are the characters, the universe and lasting choices. I don't give a shit about going one on one with a sandworm, really. It's not heroic fantasy.

Actually, shit... is Mass Effect heroic fantasy? I have a bad feeling that it might be.