Thompson

Far Cry 3

D'you know what the definition of insanity is?

No. All I know is that if Far Cry 2 was a far cry from Far Cry, Far Cry 3 is more like half a Far Cry from Far Cry 1 and about another half a far cry from Far Cry 2. But that's just looking at the axis projection, where the axis is between Far Cy and Far Cry 2. If we do triangulation then it might be more than half a far cry from either previous Far Cry.

D'you know what the definition of insanity is?

Repeating the same action but expecting a different result.

Yeah, I've seen 28 Days starring Sandra Bullock.

No. All I know is that if Far Cry 2 was a far cry from Far Cry,

+10

Far Cry 3 is more like half a Far Cry from Far Cry 1

+10

and about another half a far cry from Far Cry 2. But that's just looking at the axis projection, where the axis is between Far Cy and Far Cry 2. If we do triangulation then it might be more than half a far cry from either previous Far Cry.

+15

That and the minimap sure seem like either somebody missed the point OR it's a metanarritive about, uhhh, Hell as a modern FPS?

+10

The weirdest thing: When I look at that, for some reason it seems to float upwards, like damage info in an CRPG.

The weirdest thing: When I look at that, for some reason it seems to float upwards, like damage info in an CRPG.

Probably because you were scrolling downward and then you stopped to look at that text and the Guitar Hero illusion kicked in.

Anyway, boom. Hopefully I didn't misinterpret your data Erkki. :grin:

post-3150-13375603392708_thumb.jpg

is there any information about the team behind it? (clint hocking is now at lucas arts, am I right?!)

i fixed an error in your data

Yes, with this fix, it's the correct Conradian interpretation of the data.

Awwww, but i like weapon degradation.

Hmmm, you are immortal for some mysterious reason...?

JASON BRODY: "No, I must kill the tri-gens!"

GUY: "No, Brody, you are the tri-gens."

And then all the Far Cry 2 fans became zombies.

Calling the huge game twist:

YOU are the insane one. It explains why there are point indicators but no obvious reason for them, you're imagining them!

I hope i'm wrong, but it's the obvious choice.

If you want to Inception that twist you could even say that

the PLAYER is the insane person because the player keeps trying to score points expecting a different result.

That "definition" of insanity, where does it come from? It sounds like something someone came up with and thought was sort of clever.

That "definition" of insanity, where does it come from? It sounds like something someone came up with and thought was sort of clever.

Google led me here. Can't really be attributed to anyone as far as I can tell.

Friend of mine had the best idea.

This game should be nothing but That Guy trying (and failing) to kill you in more and more elaborate ways, repeating the same damn thing every time you meet face to face.

I'd play that.

And now that that's out of the way: My first turn-off was YET ANOTHER TROPICAL ISLAND IN A FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER. My second turn-off was when I heard no weapon degradation, etc. My third turn-off is yet to come, but come it will. I'm sure of it.

"He also hinted Far Cry 3 might be more of a cerebral experience than gamers who spent FC2 burning everything might expect."

2djyuls.png

I thought the performance of that villain was enthralling. Can't wait to play it after loving Far Cry 2

As long as it has a solid bolt action gun and wild zebras that run in front of your assassination target at the last possible second. If so I am mildly excited, although I bet only one of those two things are true.

Also did anyone else notice sounds pulled straight from FC2? I assume they are probably placeholder but it was really weird to hear those gun/machete noises in a totally new environment.

as much as i liked all the "game hates you" aspects of FC2 i'm not entirely sure i'd want to see it in a new game. there was fast travel in 2, just hopefully it's not "use anywhere" in this one.

Malaria was kind of funny every once in a while, but I don't need to see it revisited.

they say there's more stealth opportunities instead of everything aggro'ing on you all the time- that's good.

no weapon degradation: i could go either way honestly. jamming every once in a while is one thing, but having to straight up replace your guns every half hour or so was kind of a pain. they won't do it, but if they made it so you have to clean the guns every once in a while or they jam, that would be cool.

obviously it's way too early to tell, but it could still be a good game for FC2 fans. maybe.