BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

Ah, here's the club Nintendo chat! Yeah, I'll probably get a Wii U VC release of some game I already have. Considering buying a 3DS game or two to snag enough coins to get Earthbound.

You have to register a Club Nintendo account and associate it to the console before you buy anything if you want to get credit. Once it's registered, then all eShop purchases show up automatically. Consoles can be registered for like 100-200 points.

I'm kinda paralyzed by choice, but I don't have so so many points (like 600) so there's only so many options at hand. I think I'll go ahead and get Super Metroid since I'm almost 100% sure I was going to buy it anyways, but that disqualifies any retail Wii U or 3DS titles that I'd be interested in like Wonderful 101 or Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. Though at this point, the full titles that are up for grabs are generally budget offerings so I'm leaning towards getting what I want most over what is "worth" the most.

Thanks for the info. I guess most of my 3DS purchases gave me some points, I remember that I registered only a couple of months after I bought it, because of the free Pokemon deal. 

Now I just have to wait the site to goes back online to see how many points I have, hopefully enough for The Wondeful 101. 

The Majora's Mask messenger bag, definitely.

I still use my Starman messenger bag every day. It's really nice.

Yeah, I'd guess the bag too. The Fierce Deity puzzle could have some game, except for the fact that it's only 300-piece and thus a garbage puzzle.

I kinda considered just buying all the physical stuff that looks interesting on eBay, but I guess it could end up being really expensive for some dumb reason. I wish Nintendo just had more good merchandise for sale.

Well, there's Amiibos!

Oh wait those are almost always immediately sold out.

i just bought earthbound last weekend, thats fairly aggravating but my own fault

Majora's Mask on the Wii seems like an interesting...but then i'd have to load into that emulator every time & find something to control it with  :violin:

Hey there people with a Wii U. I recently moved into a uni apartment that only has a CRT TV. While this is great for me since I play a lot of Smash Bros Melee, I was wondering if I should bother trying to hook up a Wii U to it (via AV cables)? I was planning to buy a Wii U this year but if I have to spend money on a new TV as well, it'll probably have to wait a little longer. So does anybody have experience playing Wii U games on a CRT TV? Is the image quality acceptable at all, or am I just going to get a blurry mess where I won't be able to read any text? Thanks!

Hey there people with a Wii U. I recently moved into a uni apartment that only has a CRT TV. While this is great for me since I play a lot of Smash Bros Melee, I was wondering if I should bother trying to hook up a Wii U to it (via AV cables)? I was planning to buy a Wii U this year but if I have to spend money on a new TV as well, it'll probably have to wait a little longer. So does anybody have experience playing Wii U games on a CRT TV? Is the image quality acceptable at all, or am I just going to get a blurry mess where I won't be able to read any text? Thanks!

You can always just use off-TV play. I bought my WiiU before I bought a TV. The game pad is pretty good!

My friend has a CRT TV, and it worked fine. He used the Wii AV cables, as there is not one provided with the console. 

However, he does have a rather large TV. I don't know how it'll work with smaller variants. I could imagine that some would be so small it'd be hard seeing anything.

I wish someone made a product list with pictures of all the crap that NoE, NoA and NoJ have had in that Club Nintendo since that service started.

I could then get really depressed since Nordic countries never had Club Nintendo and so never had the chance to get any of that.

Oh well, I did find a used Club Nintendo exclusive Super Famicom classic controller for Wii from Japan during a trip a few years ago, that was nice.

Club Nintendo Australia's offerings are like half wallpapers. I don't think they've ever had anything good up there.

Club Nintendo Australia's offerings are like half wallpapers. I don't think they've ever had anything good up there.

I did manage to jump on the Zelda: ALBW soundtrack they put up about a week ago, with all my remaining stars. I think that was previously only offered in Japan, so it's weird that it was briefly made available here. I'm really glad though, I love that soundtrack so much I had considered eBaying it.

But yeah, in general Club Nintendo has been pretty awful here. I'm not sorry to see it go.

Yes, awesome. I can always count on Wayforward actually releasing their stuff in Europe.

Can't say the same about Nicalis or Renegade Kid...

I am actually still a bit torn on should I buy Mighty Switch Force 1&2 and Shantae for Wii U or 3DS.

What are the benefits & differences really?

I'm totally going to get it tomorrow. It'll fill that niche of game I play while my partner watches TV. I don't think I want her to see the aesthetic anyway!

I have been trying on and off and managed just today to get enough stability to complete a survey (though it failed once halfway through) and buy Super Metroid with coins. Definitely better today than the past few days, just need to do a lot of refreshing.

Thanks for the responses guys! The TV is about 26", I believe. Off-TV play is definitely an option in the meantime, but I was hoping to be able to play games like Mario Kart 8, Nintendoland and Smash Bros with friends, and I don't think that'd work out too well.

But for games like Windwaker HD and Mario 3D World, I think the gamepad will do quite nicely for me.

Thanks for the responses guys! The TV is about 26", I believe. Off-TV play is definitely an option in the meantime, but I was hoping to be able to play games like Mario Kart 8, Nintendoland and Smash Bros with friends, and I don't think that'd work out too well.

But for games like Windwaker HD and Mario 3D World, I think the gamepad will do quite nicely for me.

26"?!? You'll definitely be able to play MK8 and SSB fine on that screen. (My friend has a similar set up)

Woo! I picked up Shantae last night. It's real pretty. I didn't get to play it much because P4G has sucked me back in.

This is almost certainly the wrong thread, but as a lot of Persona fans read this, I thought I'd just ask:

Are you meant to level up Personas? It feels incredibly slow compared to just fusing more, that are already higher level. Also, is there any point in me keeping Izanagi? He doesn't seem to learn anything, but I get a feeling he'll become strong at some point. Unfortunately, he's now massively under leveled.