BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

I had prime for the GC or Wii, and I didn't really enjoy it. Don't really know why though. Going back and playing it would be uncomfortable now, I've grown incredibly accustomed to HD graphics that playing 3D era games without them is difficult for me. 2D games are fine though.

Super Metroid is pretty hard, not in the combat, but that there is literally no hand-holding whatsoever, no fast travel and the map is pretty big. Currently stuck in Norfair, I assume I've tried every option, but I'm about to trek back in the hopes a new area has opened up for me (I'm not asking for help, just mentioning it). 

I'll try the GBA games for sure though.

Metroid Fusion was the first Metroid game I ever played and it got me *hooked* on the series (I played it I think four times total on a class trip to Washington DC). I put out a feeler on Facebook recently about games with terrifying presences that truly made you panic (it was mostly a Lu Bu joke), and the amount of people who said Fusion had the most tension of any game they'd played was astounding.

I'm amazed that they're not bringing out Captain Toad in time for Christmas, I can't even fathom the logic at work there. And it's a bank holiday in Scotland on the 2nd so I will need to leave the actual house if I want to get it on release. wtf Shibata. And that European Kirby release date made me so sad.

I don't want to be too negative as it was an excellent Direct apart for those two points but man, disappointed at those two.

Splatoon just got wag more interesting with this single player mode.

It seems like a great try to renovate the shooter genre, with some clever and actually demanding platforming mechanics. Oh hell, Nintendo really really wants me to buy a Wii U, I can't resist anymore.

post-33948-0-01890400-1415289525.gif

i am really excited to get back on the mario-kart train with these new courses.  that Link/Zelda level looks great

Splatoon now looks like some kind of wackadoo Jet Set Radio-inspired (look at those character design sheets and tell me I'm wrong) third-person Ratchet and Clank-style nonsense and I want it IN MY VEINS

This is like the horrible monkey's paw version of wishing for a new F-Zero game:

SE118hP.jpg

dvI8UZK.png

I fucking KNEW they'd do a card game with amiibo. I've been saying that they'd use it to make NFC-enabled Pokémon cards since forever.

Boooo keep Animal Crossing off home consoles!

Er wait that's probably not the reaction I'm supposed to have, is it.

The New 3DS can use Amiibos and they're releasing an amiibo reader thing for the old models, so that doesn't really imply anything.

If I can force Prince to move back in by buying his amiibo, I will fucking DO it.

That's true, but I don't expect a new handheld AC, and I suspect an Amiibo update would be a rather large project? Maybe not, though!

I think they know enough not to put a new AC on a console, at least not without doing some kind of cross-save thing. I seem to remember the Wii one not doing so hot , while New Leaf was an early killer app for the 3DS that just keeps churning out money for them.

Hot dang, CAPTAIN TOAD TREASURE TRACKER might be the first day-one purchase I've made in a long time. Reminds me of ZACK & WIKI for the Wii, but even more adorable.

<swoon>

Splatoon trailer, now in 60fps 720p (on Chrome only, I think)! Somehow this game just got even more adorable.

n.b. you'll have to follow through to YouTube proper to change the resolution settings, I think

The single-player stuff they've started showing off for Splatoon looks surprisingly awesome. That game, in general, has been quite a surprise, it just looks like such a fun time.

This is like the horrible monkey's paw version of wishing for a new F-Zero game:

*snip*

I am so deeply wounded by this.

"Show me your moves!" on the billboard is pretty great though.

Seriously though, Nintendo, come on. It's been too long.

Not nearly enough love for Xenoblade X here! Now I never actually finished playing Xenoblade Chronicles (got about 50 hours into it), but I'm really excited for this one. I love mechs and the sheer scale of the game world makes me giddy.

Super excited for Splatoon as well. Shame I couldn't go to PAX Aus so I haven't had a chance to check it out.

I'm getting a real Wario Land vibe from that Splatoon trailer, particularly the music and the random cuts to mood pieces.

Not nearly enough love for Xenoblade X here! Now I never actually finished playing Xenoblade Chronicles (got about 50 hours into it), but I'm really excited for this one. I love mechs and the sheer scale of the game world makes me giddy.

The world of Xenoblade Chronicles X is allegedly five times as large as all of the playable space in Xenoblade Chronicles, how's that for scale?

I did a near 100% run on Xenoblade Chronicles with around 170 hours in the game and it's rightly earned a spot as one of my favorite RPG's. Definitely excited for the follow up, though that real dumb

Nintendo put out for Xenoblade Chronicles X gave me some pause. (How do you like "BLADE: Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator" as an acronym?)

Xenoblade is one of the reasons I decided to buy a Wii U, but honestly I don't know what that game is yet. I just liked Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenosaga.

Also I love stupid anime acronyms. The more forced and unnecessary the better.

I really hated the movement in the Xenoblade trailer. Shulk was like jumping over gardens in one go and had strides with enough power to send him flying past houses at an off putting rate.

I really hated the movement in the Xenoblade trailer. Shulk was like jumping over gardens in one go and had strides with enough power to send him flying past houses at an off putting rate.

Oh yeah that was really weird. Shulk and co jump super weird in Xenoblade Chronices on the Wii, too. I'm going to pretend it's because this is set on a planet with lower gravity than Earth. It also explains why megafauna can sustain themselves!