BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

I actually forgot about metal rising. Although I don't remember the parry system having the added witch time. Likewise, I'm pretty sure that 101 had parry assigned to a button (which is slightly different than bayonetta/mgr). Either way you are correct, but bayonetta did it first. (Which is a moot point, but still.) Also mgr didn't have the weapon system like bayonetta did.

I like Rising a whole lot, but i would argue that Rising is a much, much less sophisticated design than Bayonetta.

I won't try to argue for Bayonetta's stylistic sensibilities, I don't think that's a fight i could or necessarily should win, but i will argue for its mechanics. There are absolutely not many other games like it, because in its genre it stands relatively alone in its technical nuance. It's also much more akin to the Devil May Cry games, particularly DMC3, than any other games being invoked here. (A lot of the multi-weapon dynamics can be seen echoed in the design of those games, for one example. There are many, many other parallels as well.)

As for Bayonetta 2, i can't say anything for certain, but i wish i had a Wii U to play it.

but i wish i had a Wii U to play it.

Join us. You won't regret it. 

It's pretty cool, the WiiU has more games to play than either of the other two consoles right now. Loads of them are utterly brilliant too.

But, I seem to have stopped complaining about this:

WHERE THE FUCK IS SHOVEL KNIGHT IN THE UK? Just let me buy your damn cool lookin' game Yacht Club!

The Wii U will probably be the first of the next-gen systems i end up getting, but it probably won't happen until

I read about this earlier today. Shovel knight is coming to the UK in November

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/10/eu-wiiu-3ds/

Woo! Held off buying it on Steam because it's such a "Nintendo" game. Hope it's worth the wait. 

The Wii U will probably be the first of the next-gen systems i end up getting, but it probably won't happen until

Hnnnng. Looks good, super excited for that too. I end up playing my WiiU so much simply because my girlfriend is watching Netflix on my playstation. The perfect off-screen play is so under-rated. Especially compared to the vita remote play which is pretty weak.

I HAVE

A WEE WOO

what games should i get huh

(my nnid is togglesworlh)

This is my list so far!

Wonderful 101

Pikmin 3

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

Earthbound

Bayonetta

Bayonetta 2

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Super Mario 3D World

Super Smash Bros.

Mario Kart 8

Hyrule Warriors

I was going to say Tropical Freeze, it's superb. Monster Hunter is too and the Wii U version has online play but I accept it's not for everyone.

If you skipped the original Wii and I wouldn't blame you, please be aware Super Mario Galaxy or its sequel is the best game.

Mario 3D world and Mario Kart! Amazing!

Mario 3D world is a baby game for a very long time, like ridiculously easy for 6 hours but stick with it as the later challenging levels are fantastic. (I was honestly worried that the whole game would be an unfulfilling cake walk)

If you intend to play Bayonetta first then the sequel at some point in the future :tup: I don't know if they'd be much point playing them visa versa or back to back

I quit wonderful 101, pikmin 3 and hyrule warriors after a couple hours :-/ I've read pikmin plays a million times better using a wii mote. Something to keep in mind.

Zombie U is supposed to be good isn't it

ZombiU (ughghgghh) is supposed to be (and is, let's be honest) the best game that showcases how the GamePad can be used in unique and cool ways. That said, the best use of the GamePad is Off-TV play sooooooooooooo

Yeah I have added ZombiU (??) to the list. NSMB Wii U is surprisingly visually attractive. I found the Wii version utterly repulsive, but this actually looks really nice. It's no Super Mario Galaxy, but it'll do! I also bought Mario Kart 8 but have not actually played it yet.

I liked ZombiU, it's deeper than you think, you just have to have a little patience. 

MK8 is probably my game of the year. I still play it online regularly (once every couple of days), and always have a blast. It's also the only game my girlfriend will regularly enjoy, and we've racked up far too many hours playing it. 

I just bought Metriod Prime 3 and Sin and Punishment for the Wii. Need to get some more use out of the Wiimote. Probably wont play them anytime soon, but at least i have them now so i can start them whenever i'm in-between games. This was the idea after all when i purchased the WiiU, to play all the Wii game i'd missed.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the best example of GamePad use because it allows you to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

I think when I end up compiling a Goaty list the Wii U is probably going to dominate. MK8, DKC:TF, and Sm4sh are shoo-ins, and Bayonetta 2 is likely to make the list as well. I still pick up Shovel Knight from time to time, but I don't think it'll end up being top 10.

I just bought Metriod Prime 3 and Sin and Punishment for the Wii. Need to get some more use out of the Wiimote. Probably wont play them anytime soon, but at least i have them now so i can start them whenever i'm in-between games. This was the idea after all when i purchased the WiiU, to play all the Wii game i'd missed.

Prime 3 goes on for a fairly long while, but you could probably finish S&P2 pretty quickly. It's honestly quite a long game for an arcade shooter, but it's still only a handful of sessions to get through.

S&P2 is goddamned great though, it broke my heart that so few people played it.

Boom! Just jumped on the Wii U train. Bundle with extra remote plus+Wii Party, Bayonetta 2 (+1), Nintendoland. Got ZombiU for €5 months ago. Will look around to supplement with Mario Kart and Super 3D World and maybe Earthbound and I think that's Christmas pretty much tied up!

There's the game in We Party You where you take a picture of yourself making a face and your friends have to guess what face you were making. That one is always a hit.

I think when I end up compiling a Goaty list the Wii U is probably going to dominate. MK8, DKC:TF, and Sm4sh are shoo-ins, and Bayonetta 2 is likely to make the list as well. I still pick up Shovel Knight from time to time, but I don't think it'll end up being top 10.

You're right. My Goatsee list is full of WiiU games. Need to get DKC though! 

what games should i get huh

Rayman Legends is pretty good, even though I'm not sure about the gamepad levels. And unlike first party titles, it might even go on sale occasionally.

(my nintendo id thing is Horza0 , not that I'm playing any multiplayer stuff atm)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the best example of GamePad use because it allows you to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

I'm getting back into this and much as I want 4 I'm really going to miss being able to play it on my 3DS on my commute and at lunch through the week and then treating myself to it on the big screen at weekends. I can't see they'll bother porting this one.