BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

Man it took them long enough. Maybe they'll finally stop pretending and just make a full on Super Smash Bros.: Kart Edition like they should've been doing for years now.

Link looks absolutely fucking comical in that image, though. Hah!

How is it that Nintendo can so consistently just shamelessly cash out on their franchises and still sell well while people laugh about how they're selling out?

...because I do also think this sounds really cool and I'm just impressed with their magical game design pixie dust.

Wait what there's also Animal Crossing's Villager and Isabelle. (And Dry Bones Bowser, OF COURSE.)

1409089516-mario-kart-8-pack-2.jpg

As for new cups, Thrik, from that gaf thread:

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
4 Vehicles
8 Courses
Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
4 Vehicles
8 Courses
As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

16 new courses?! That's a whole extra row of cups! Shame they're going to take their sweet time to come out, but I guess it's better than waiting years on end like with previous home console Mario Karts.

C5lA1Ou.jpg

Nintendo is so goddamn wierd now!

I'm kind of bummed that they didn't add Epona as a vehicle. How awesome would that be to ride Epona off of a big jump and have a fucking hang glider sprout from her back. 

I'm kind of bummed that they didn't add Epona as a vehicle. How awesome would that be to ride Epona off of a big jump and have a fucking hang glider sprout from her back. 

Close enough:

I just realized that this stuff is probably being added to fortify the early potential of amiibo. That's probably why Pokkén Tournament was announced today too. I'll eat my hat if there's no NFC reader on that arcade cabinet where you can set down your Pikachu and Lucario figures and import their stats from your Wii U version of the game and vice-versa.

This is amazing news. Can't wait to grab these. Any news on the price?

Edit: Apparently $8 each or $12 for both. Hopefully that means £4/£6 but I really doubt it. Even if it's £12, that's still fantastic value for money since this is essentially enough tracks for a new game.

This DLC makes me very happy. They can just keep on pumping more of that shit out, thank you please.

This is amazing news. Can't wait to grab these. Any news on the price?

Edit: Apparently $8 each or $12 for both. Hopefully that means £4/£6 but I really doubt it. Even if it's £12, that's still fantastic value for money since this is essentially enough tracks for a new game.

Nah it's £7 each and £11 for the bundle... i think they're supposed to be available on the Nintendo shop now?

That is still amazing value though for 16 new courses, thats 50% of the retail game!

As great as this is it's probably as close as we'll ever get to F Zero again and that is sad.

Still a bit bummed about no Battle Mode, but hot damn that DLC looks like a great deal. Nintendo's handling of DLC reminds me a great deal of the good ol' PC game Expansion Pack and I am loving it.

I wonder if the new courses will appear in new cups? It would be nice to have new race cups instead of single courses. I've heard some say this is turning into Smash Bros. Racing, which would be awesome!

I've been looking up the Wii U sale that ends today and I wonder... How good was Zombi U? While I'm not sure if my PC can run AssCred Black Flag, I kinda don't want to deal with Ubi's DRM anyway, so is the Wii U Black Flag any good? Is anything in the Ubi sale in general worth getting? 

ZombiU is pretty darn fun. I'd recommend getting it retail if you can though; I got mine for £5 on amazon - new.

I wonder if the new courses will appear in new cups? It would be nice to have new race cups instead of single courses. I've heard some say this is turning into Smash Bros. Racing, which would be awesome!

I've been looking up the Wii U sale that ends today and I wonder... How good was Zombi U? While I'm not sure if my PC can run AssCred Black Flag, I kinda don't want to deal with Ubi's DRM anyway, so is the Wii U Black Flag any good? Is anything in the Ubi sale in general worth getting? 

Mario Kart's gameplay is pretty much built around cups so I think that it's a safe bet that there'll be new cups. Eight courses per DLC would be two cups per DLC, giving us a a neat and tidy total of one extra row of cups. :tup:

They do! I don't know what triggered the update (I just downloaded the Benz DLC and bought the two packs as a bundle), but the game now shows a "version 2.0" at the start and the four extra cups and extra characters show up, where selecting them brings up a purchase screen.

I was just about to ask how DLC works with the Wii U... I'm still pretty new to it, but is this the first Wii U game with DLC?

EDIT: I just looked up the prices for the Ubi Wii U games... they are still cheaper on sale, and with premium account I'm likely to get a 10€ discount coupon with the purchases I make?