BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

I wasn't going to buy Smash Bros, but if it comes with this peripheral and the special GameCube controller, I will.

WHY DID I HAVE TO GO ELSEWHERE TO SEE THAT THEY ANNOUNCED A NEW PUSHMO FOR WIIU? You let me down, Thumbs. You let me down hard. That game is the shit, and a new WiiU version is incredible news. Label me stoked as all hell.

Still have barely played Crashmo/Fallblox. Just isn't as damn fun as Pushmo/Pullblox was! Wii U version: excellent.

Why. Why don't they just make a standalone classic controller or whatever that works over Bluetooth. Why this dumb shit. God this is dumb.

Am I missing some vital factor that prevents people from just using the official pro controller? I'm not entirely sure why the GameCube thing exists or why you'd buy it for a super-limited game selection as opposed to the more broadly supported option. Does the pro controller feel shitty or something? Wondering as I may (or may not) get one.

Having peripherals for all kinds of legacy controllers would be pretty amazing for Virtual Console games though, especially if Nintendo actually made the games compatible with all future consoles and said peripherals too.

The Pro controller is really, really comfortable. It quickly became one of my favourite controllers ever. The rumble really does suck though.

Again, I'm seriously thinking that this is so they can have a wired control option for fighting game enthusiasts who don't want to have to worry about input lag. That's a niche group, but it's also one of the most dedicated.

The vital factor is I'm really stupid and didn't realize it existed separate from the wii remote plugin!!!

The Pro controller is really, really comfortable. It quickly became one of my favourite controllers ever. The rumble really does suck though.

Again, I'm seriously thinking that this is so they can have a wired control option for fighting game enthusiasts who don't want to have to worry about input lag. That's a niche group, but it's also one of the most dedicated.

That's probably the motivation, but once this peripheral exists, it totally opens the doors to other devs to use GameCube peripherals (in my imagination, at least.)  Come on, Bongo-controlled platformer!

That's probably the motivation, but once this peripheral exists, it totally opens the doors to other devs to use GameCube peripherals (in my imagination, at least.)  Come on, Bongo-controlled platformer!

Finally, an official version of Mike Tyson's Jungle Beat!

What's funny, is that for all Nintendo attempts to explore alternative controllers, if the WiiU suddenly supported every little batshit controller that has ever been used for a Nintendo console, and devs could program for whatever controller they wanted, I would immediately consider it a must own gaming device. 

What's funny, is that for all Nintendo attempts to explore alternative controllers, if the WiiU suddenly supported every little batshit controller that has ever been used for a Nintendo console, and devs could program for whatever controller they wanted, I would immediately consider it a must own gaming device. 

NES-Power-Glove.jpg

What's actually funny is that I don't really care as much about the hardware as a do the software and the reversing the lack of vigor in releasing virtual console games would make me consider the Wii U a must-own gaming device. But man is that a well worn argument by now, I've been making it since the Wii came out.

So I bought a Wii U today. With mario kart and super mario world. Should be arriving next week. Can't wait!

So I bought a Wii U today. With mario kart and super mario world. Should be arriving next week. Can't wait!

Remember to register that copy of Mario Kart on Club Nintendo! You get a free game for it.

Mario Kart 8 is so good. I had a ton of fun playing offline, so I decided to play against strangers on the Internet. My idea of myself as a peerless Mario Kart master was quickly shattered, but I still enjoyed it!

I played a couple of rounds and I'm pretty shit at it so far! Got my ass handed to me by someone who goes my the name palle, from Sweden. Anyone from around here?

The choice is between wonderful 101 and monster hunter. I tried MH on my 3ds but found it a bit annoying to play. Wonderful 101 seems to have a strong fan base, but MH I already know I'd like.

Remember to register that copy of Mario Kart on Club Nintendo! You get a free game for it.

Griddlelol, I had the exact same conundrum, hah. I went with Wonderful 101 because I've just finished my degree, and I feel like I could do with playing something where I have the ability to just switch my brain off and enjoy it.

Griddlelol, I had the exact same conundrum, hah. I went with Wonderful 101 because I've just finished my degree, and I feel like I could do with playing something where I have the ability to just switch my brain off and enjoy it.

Congrats! Yeah I think I'm going to pick wonderful 101. I don't think I'll have time for the 100 hour epic that is monster hunter. Plus I heard that coop is pretty much mandatory for progression.

Er, I should mention that it's a choice between New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and Wii Party U.

Er, I should mention that it's a choice between New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and Wii Party U.

He's in the UK, they get better choices. Wonderful 101 is an option for him. Only one I don't already have that's available in Canada is Wii Party, so I guess I'm going with that.

What this means is that my girlfriend convinced me to get Mario Kart this week. She is not a gamer at all, but sent me a text while watching TV one night that just said "Hey, you're going to buy Mario Kart, right? I wanna play Mario Kart." I was honestly on the fence about buying it before the school year was over, but hey: if she wants to play the game with me, I'll buy it a bit earlier than planned.

Yup, I guess because no one has a wii u in the UK. I went into GAME to look around (before getting it on amazon) and quite a few people were looking at wii us.

The thing I hate about GAME is that they sell you a bundle which is more expensive than any other shop and has a bunch of crap included that I'd never use. An extra charger, a screen protector, a stand for the console and a stand for the tablet controller, I think another stylus too. Something like that at least. When I asked if I could take all that junk out and get it cheaper they declined. Silly, I would have payed a few pounds more at GAME just to walk home with it rather than wait for amazon.

I've heard Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a better sidescroller than NSMBU, so I'm going to get that instead for that niche; already own Pikmin 3 and WWHD (in fact, I have the WW Special Edition Wii U) and Wii Party U doesn't really interest me.