Ben X

POLITICS!

… such as the vulgar fascism on one hand. Or polite, awkward objection to some aspects thereto on the other.

Them's pretty much the only two sides one is allowed to take. People who see something wrong in this dichotomy are freakish extremists not allowed to participate in public discourse.

… such as the vulgar fascism on one hand. Or polite, awkward objection to some aspects thereto on the other.

Them's pretty much the only two sides one is allowed to take. People who see something wrong in this dichotomy are freakish extremists not allowed to participate in public discourse.

Well, since this too has been seized with a level of hypocrisy reaching for the stars by both parties as in "we need to stop the political divide" that very thing can be said but not believed in.

But that will definitely happen as long as politics is a job. There is no escaping the partisan thing as long as people are speaking from a position of keeping their jobs.

What you need is a violent uprising, followed by a complete overhaul of the system. Might take a generation or three to work out the kinks, but then you have a fine chance at, at the very least, something different to occur anywhere in the spectrum of vaguely (Russia) to completely (Japan).

Your signature is great, Rodi.

Anyway, as a highly educated politico with decades of both academic and first-hand experience in understanding government, I can safely say it's all Fox News' fault and Obama is a Communist.

Also, I am greatly worried about the future of science in the US, especially considering the popularity of Dr. Rick Perry, PhD of Evolutionary Biology and Climatology. It's Just A Theory, you know.

What we need is a ground war in Asia?

We could never hold it. Clearly New Guinea is the new center of civilzation.

:grin:

I get it. He's seems completely comfortable when he's speaking behind a podium. Self-confidence can be really powerful. That, and what made many like Dubya.

Why is this fucking Texan so popular?

What the hell?

Because they're all so energetic and personally likeable that people can't help but elect the droves of incompetent mental deficients that this state produces.

Fuck this place. I just live here.

I think I am going to vote for either Perry or Bachmann (whichever one of them floats to the top of the cesspool). This country needs to get a lot worse before people wake the fuck up.

I feel kinda torn about this decision since voting for Perry or Bachmann is tantamount to an act of terrorism—and yet voting for Obama the second time is an act of resignation in the face of a system that doesn't represent a vast, vast majority of its alleged constituents.

I think I am going to vote for either Perry or Bachmann (whichever one of them floats to the top of the cesspool). This country needs to get a lot worse before people wake the fuck up.

I feel kinda torn about this decision since voting for Perry or Bachmann is tantamount to an act of terrorism—and yet voting for Obama the second time is an act of resignation in the face of a system that doesn't represent a vast, vast majority of its alleged constituents.

Is Sarah Palin still an option?

FNUfDYGUueE

Perry and Bachmann are somehow worse, since their insanity is coupled together with a sticktoitiveness which Palin woefully (fortunately?) lacks.

I get it. He's seems completely comfortable when he's speaking behind a podium. Self-confidence can be really powerful. That, and what made many like Dubya.

It's unfortunately the only thing Obama lacks (IMO): BALLS! For some sad reason people need to feel that their leader knows exactly what is right and is sticking to it no matter what. That attitude is (I think) mostly what made Dubya so popular.

I actually wrote a sketch about Obama being in the White House as a bunch angry and armed right-wingers storm the place... and his frustratingly calm responses to his aides as they try and persuade him to flee. *sigh*

It's unfortunately the only thing Obama lacks (IMO): BALLS! For some sad reason people need to feel that their leader knows exactly what is right and is sticking to it no matter what. That attitude is (I think) mostly what made Dubya so popular.

I actually wrote a sketch about Obama being in the White House as a bunch angry and armed right-wingers storm the place... and his frustratingly calm responses to his aides as they try and persuade him to flee. *sigh*

To make this clear, I don't necessarily approve of Obama, but when is composure a lack of balls? (Or am I misreading that?)

To make this clear, I don't necessarily approve of Obama, but when is composure a lack of balls? (Or am I misreading that?)

I totally respect his composure. If I have any complaint about Obama it's that he doesn't come across as someone who feels passionate about his beliefs (although I'm sure he is) and I feel that, with a little more force when he's talking about something, he'd silence some of his naysayers.

I think of his appearance on Letterman...

MAVauLsJ56Q

It's really odd how he can occasionally make wonderful, powerful, decisive speeches and then most of the time rely on overly diplomatic, waffly language.

Yeah, I think I can safely say I like Obama as a personality, or simply a person.

As a politician. . .well, he's a politician.

Edited by Orvidos

:hah::deranged:

yeah, you're kidding. :neiiin:

The impression I get of Obama (as someone who barely follows politics and gets this impression from Dan Savage's podcasts) is that he promised a lot of radical stuff and then didn't follow up on it (gay rights) or lost control of the... congress?... so he couldn't put stuff through any more, because he was trying too much to keep the Republicans mollified.

How did I do?

The impression I get of Obama (as someone who barely follows politics and gets this impression from Dan Savage's podcasts) is that he promised a lot of radical stuff and then didn't follow up on it (gay rights) or lost control of the... congress?... so he couldn't put stuff through any more, because he was trying too much to keep the Republicans mollified.

How did I do?

More or less correct. Though I'm much more concerned with the extremeness of the right.

He never really promised anything (except maybe closing Gitmo and pulling troops out of Iraq), he just made it seem as if he promised. He surrounded himself on the campaign trail with high power liberal thinkers, and then as soon as he got into office he replaced them all with Wall Street CEOs.

Most damningly of all, historians are already starting to call this last dozen or so years the Bush-Obama White House—the continuity is so thorough that it all forms a coherent unit.

:deranged: