Orv

Tribes: Ascend

Arice Tribes, arice.

v8mXJI_oJMg

I don't know that I have ever been this excited about so much nothing.

Man, Tribes. What a game. You could make such a good Tribes game these days with say BF tech, but who knows if that'll happen. Others might not have the vision Dynamix had.

EDIT:

Ahah, I burst out laughing at the voice over in the end. So tacky!

Ahah, I burst out laughing at the voice over in the end. So tacky!

It really is! But that's also in the spirit of Tribes. The voice-over work for Tribes was just so horribly over-the-top. Shazbot, for instance.

Will there be skiing? There has to be skiing.

If there's skiing I would be so fucking happy. I loved that...it just felt so awesome moving around in that game...building up speed...using your rocket pack...the air battles.

I NEED this game to be good...if they make an amazing Tribes game they are heroes to me...they could literally rape a hobo to death in his hollowed out eye sockets (after hollowing them out)...and they would still be heroes to me. Well ok...maybe raping a hobo in the face in the most horrific (and apparently lethal) way would be a bit much and perhaps slightly unforgivable...but so long as they don't do that they would be heroes!

If there's skiing I would be so fucking happy. I loved that...it just felt so awesome moving around in that game...building up speed...using your rocket pack...the air battles.

I NEED this game to be good...if they make an amazing Tribes game they are heroes to me...they could literally rape a hobo to death in his hollowed out eye sockets (after hollowing them out)...and they would still be heroes to me. Well ok...maybe raping a hobo in the face in the most horrific (and apparently lethal) way would be a bit much and perhaps slightly unforgivable...but so long as they don't do that they would be heroes!

Your horrific mental image is forgiven in light of your avatar.

I sincerely hope they can create a wonderful Tribes game. I need them to.

Just going to put these over here. Sorry for breaking the site, Doug!

TribesAscendScreen1_May_9_2011.jpg

222015_200436986665315_174337252608622_516350_5289784_n.jpg

I've just gone from "Cautious Optimism" to "Hmm" (That's an upward notch on the scale, mind you.)

I don't like the way the gun looks, but I also don't care. It's not important.

I don't like the way the gun looks, but I also don't care. It's not important.

Well it makes me think we might see a newer/older era of Tribes. Tribes 1 and 2 happened during the same era, making all the tech relatively similar. Vengeance happened considerably earlier in the timeline, where armor and weaponry were less advanced.

So who knows? I don't mind it. I think it's a bit tall for a spinfusor, but we'll see.

OT,

I have Starsiege: Universe on my desk right now. I've been pondering about installing it. It includes Starsiege and the first Tribes game. Tribes is only multiplayer I guess so not really playable anymore?

I have no idea how I could get it to work in Win7 64bit environment.

Would really like to play Starsiege as I remember that it was supposed to have an awesome campaign with great voice actors like Mark Hamill.

Looks like they're going for a slightly Chris Foss aesthetic. Not quite there, but a good thing to aim for.

I was always a little bummed that Tribes seems to be the only part of the Metaltech series that people care about.

What about the Earthsiege/Starsiege games?

Or Cyberstorm?

Anyways, not disparaging Tribes, just being grumpy about old games i miss.

Tribes was so a head of its time it never took off... I think.

Anyway, if they can make it as awesome as I remember it being(it was awesome, but go back now and the movement is terrible) then I am in.

I loved being in a lone little tower setting up force fields wondering if anyone would ever come. Or infliltrating enemies base witha cloak and taking out their power systems. Or guarding the flag as a heavy firing mortars as someone spots for me... so awesome

Okay, so I have been playing this a lot in the past weeks and it's totally badass. The devs are also doing a great job with the patching, as each patch has improved the game noticably in terms of gameplay. So, who else is in the beta? Alternatively, who really wants to be in the beta? I got 1 beta key left.

:blink: If I had known you guys were that interested I wouldn't have tossed my extra codes to the sharks (goons). Sorry BRKL.