Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbs

Idle Thumbs Camping

Hey all, just thought I'd plug this up!

We have decided to allow an area this year where a campfire could be built and can pitch tents nearby. We also have a chap who could take you all canoeing down the river severn for a day (for a small fee of course).

I know there was some small interest expressed, so figured it might be worth a post to see if a date could be agreed, and then I could book it in - only because at busy weekends (e.g. Easter), we get full very quickly.

There would of course be a thumb discount. A two man tent (with 1 person in it) would work out at £5/night, for example.

Where and when would that happen, as it interests me.

Also, fuck this, why do you think we have a Minecraft server ?!

will there be real life minecrafting on the camping ground?

We have decided to allow an area this year where a campfire could be built and can pitch tents nearby. We also have a chap who could take you all canoeing down the river severn for a day (for a small fee of course).

Who is "we"? What is this? What's going on??

Heh, well yeh. It's not an invitation really. Maybe I didn't think it through, but was basically expecting the people who showed interest before to show interest again in at least the idea (as we all know how fickle the internet is) and then was going to take it from there. But point taken. I posted in another thread and just assumed that people had read it, sorry.

1)I am taking over a campsite this year in Shropshire,UK from my mum and dad. I mentioned this in the 'Life' thread, and someone (think it was AG) suggested a weekend.

2)There is no website really worthy of the name, just the shittest holding page imaginable. This will change this year. (My parents are not web literate). Phone number and address on there.

3)Shropshire is very rural, and it is in a tiny village, next to a river. This means it is quiet and clean air, with canoeing trips available should you want them (and you should. The River Severn is really nice to canoe down, very slow and ideal for beginners). It's rural nature means that it might be only of interest to a certain type of person.

4)'We' is myself and my g/f, who will be running the campsite.

5)I have opened up a new area of the site so that it is possible for a small number of people to camp around and near a fire. This is more of a draw to canoeists coming down the Severn, as not many sites allow fires.

6)Should you want to come, you are free to decide whenever, as we are open from April 1st until the end of October. If anyone does want to come,will need about 2 weeks notice, more at busy periods, for example, Easter, May bank holiday etc.

Sorry for the ambiguity. I assumed too much background on everyone's behalfs, as I have been here the last few weeks and grew up here. :)

Edited by Scrobbs

So are we talking about some sort of Idle Thumbs camping holiday? Could be fun!

ba07f918e13dd3a7d466b12d9fd32tt.jpg

Other than that, there's no way I'll be able to join, but that's an interesting idea.

There is no way I will be there but I support this happening one hundred percent.

A campsite in the middle of rural England and an invitation from a man on the internet.

Nothing could possibly go wrong.

There is no way I will be there but I support this happening one hundred percent.

Fly to London Vanaman.

A campsite in the middle of rural England and an invitation from a man on the internet.

That sentence coupled with your forum avatar cracked me up.

That sentence coupled with your forum avatar cracked me up.

fact.

Also, I would like to have us make blocks of dirts and build houses with it, if campfires are allowed, I guess you don't mind me bringing my bulldozer d'ya ?

fact.

Also, I would like to have us make blocks of dirts and build houses with it, if campfires are allowed, I guess you don't mind me bringing my bulldozer d'ya ?

Only the people hosting the event will be allowed to start fires, but they will happily start one for you if they're around.

Anchor Porter and Imperial 2030 in tents, now is the time Sean!

Serious question, by fire being allowed does that mean I can bring a fire staff? Campsites tend not to like these.

Only the people hosting the event will be allowed to start fires, but they will happily start one for you if they're around.

What will happen there when we die ?

bloody-axe-007.jpg

then

dscf3101.jpg

Also, what exactly is a firestaff? I suspect not though.

bloody-axe-007.jpg

then

dscf3101.jpg

Also, what exactly is a firestaff? I suspect not though.

Suspecting not is enough for me, it's a juggling prop.

Ha! Just checked in. Sorry Scrobbsy! (he hasn't just made it up honest)

I did suggest this in another post and I am still up for this.

My shift rotas are very dodgy in that I can only 'book' things with great difficulty. I know that I definitely can't do Glastonbury week in June so would probably be looking at August time and likely with a only a few weeks notice of the exact date.

I think this could be really great if some of us were able to meet up :tup: especially the continental contingent too.

I hereby express my interest for a date sometime in August. All those in favour say ':tup:' in this post and we can nail down a date, probably a weekend would be the ideal.

Bring on Shropshire!

P.S: I come with a large trailer tent, a wife and three children (this is how i roll people), would this be cool Scrobbsy?

PPS: Not worried about the river so don't sweat it.

If it's in August, then I'd be interested as well. I think if we want to have a decent group of Thumbs together, booking such a long way away would be best. As I assume a lot of folks have planned their June/July vacations already. I have.

Also, I don't have a tent, but I can fashion an improvised living space from twigs, branches and animal carcasses. Or I could just spoon with Andy.