Thompson

Dreams!

I had a pretty rad dream last night where I had a daughter named Danielle (in honor of Jr. Mints).  She grew up to become the first Asian and first female President of the United States.

I had a dream last night where I was visiting the Polygon offices, only instead of an office building it was a giant house where they all lived together. I remember seeing the McElroys sitting in a bedroom together playing Mario Kart.

I don't even read Polygon much, it was weird.

I had a quite depressing dream about how depressed I was feeling.

The dream is also depressingly boring.

I was watching some TV show or movie or something about a girl who was clearly depressed, and I kept watching it and going, "Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm definitely depressed." How depressing!

I find it amusing that I needed to dream up even more confirmation that I am, in fact, a miserably depressed individual, when I'm already well aware of this depressing fact.

Was that too depressing? I'm sorry.

I wish I could lucid dream ):

I dreamt that I was experiencing a first-person superhero movie, where you play Ian Mysterius getting a job on a building site, on top of a skyscraper in a superhero-filled city. Superman (played by Jerry Seinfeld) shows up occasionally and plays around with the builders, but one day you accidentally freeze him. It is then revealed that your workmate (played by Eric Balfour) is actually Mysterio, the supervillain you thought you were getting set up to be. He takes advantage of Superman's incapacitated state and starts a fight with him, which you follow as it crashes through various floors of the skyscraper. There is a tacky gag where they crash through the room of a naked woman about to take a shower or something. THE END.

Both Seinfeld the actor and Seinfeld the character are Superman fans (in the show he has an action figure in his apartment and often wheels out tenuous Superman metaphors). In my dream I remember realising that the director was a friend of Seinfeld (Larry Charles, perhaps?) and so this funny cameo made sense. It gradually dawned on me that Superman was a large part of the movie!

I sometimes have really shitty "lucid" dreams which are more just sleep paralysis episodes. They used to be a terrifying experience, now they are just annoying and tiring.

My lucid dreams will be about me being awake in bed when i'm actually asleep. I try to imagine something awesome like flying but then all I can think about is that it's the middle of the night, i'm not wearing many clothes, and I can't actually fly. So then I spend what feels like a huge amount of mental and physcial energy to try to actually wake up, and being caught in a loop of waking up, moving my arms, realising i'm still asleep, trying again. Also the feeling that you aren't actually breathing doesn't help.

I feel like all of this has honed my ability to distinguish reality from 'non-reality', whatever you want to call it, but that might be another delusion.

Anyway, dreams are awesome, I just wish I could remember the interesting ones better.

Those ads are pretty cool, thanks SAM!

Bolegium, you're so close to having awesome lucid dreams. Just believe in yourself, and you could be having mid-flight threesomes surrounded by clouds made of KFC chicken and gravy while Van Halen play a live concert on an airship for you!

I had a dream last night where I was trying to rob the Death Star.  I'm not exactly sure what I was stealing but I kept fucking it up and running away only to attempt it again later.  I was about to pull it off when the alarm on my clock went off, which for a split second meant the alarm in my dream went off as well.  I think I've been playing too much Payday.  Not sure how the Death Star came into it though.

I had a dream last night where I was trying to rob the Death Star.  I'm not exactly sure what I was stealing but I kept fucking it up and running away only to attempt it again later.  I was about to pull it off when the alarm on my clock went off, which for a split second meant the alarm in my dream went off as well.  I think I've been playing too much Payday.  Not sure how the Death Star came into it though.

Upcoming DLC is being advertised in dreams now.

I had a good dream the other day where I was the manager of a Dwarf Fortress and I'd overseen an excursion into the caverns layer. Sadly though our mining had attracted a forgotten beast which happened to be basically a giant land kraken. It's tentacles were so large they spanned a dwarf across and they were threatening to destroy a part of my fortress so I spent what seemed to be the entire dream running through the levels of the fortress alerting my fellow dwarves of the kraken, gathering up a posse to fight it off and, while it was distracted I proceeded to build walls to seal it off from the fortress. : D

Lately I have been having dreams about hanging out with some people that were really close to me but I haven't spoken to in a while. I wake up and realize it was a dream and then I am super bummed.

Dreams suck yo

I had a dream where I was visiting England for some reason and just walking around the streets. I idly walked into this one building that resembled a museum, but there were plaques all across the walls with bird names on them as far as the eye could see, presumably one for every species of bird on the planet. Then I spot my mother cooking something on a barbeque, and she puts it in a bento with rice, then opens a plaque to reveal a hidden opening and slides it in. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Just making dinner," she replies.

More of a 'sleep' question, this:

Does anyone here sleep straight through the night without vaguely waking up at any point? I always seem to snap out of a dream at some point through the night and then take a couple of minutes to doze off again. It's really annoying because it makes me feel like my last hour or two of sleep were restless, even if that's not the case (I don't check the time because that thought process will start to wake me up).

Was listening to the most recent idlethumbs podcast in bed last night, and was semi conscious. Started to become fixated with the imagery of straight streams of colour flowing down over the surface of various objects in the room, and whatever else came to mind. Wasn't quite a dream since I was more or less awake. I had been listening to the badassdigest and quarter to three podcasts on interstellar prior to going to bed so this seems to have been a result of my frustration with the movie.

I had a silly dream last night where I was in this fighting game tournament (think Samurai Gunn with LoL character designs). I managed to easily fight my way to the top but we all had a break before the final playoff.

Shortly after I found myself in a highschool classroom and I was surrounded by 15 year olds while still my 21 y/o self and I had this teacher breathing down my neck saying "You didn't pass algebra!" In mean bold letters I can't be bothered typesetting.

I spent a small while in this annoying classroom before remembering I did pass my highschool maths and I got University Entrance so I told the teacher to stuff it and strutted out the room.

I'm on a ship frozen at the top of a mountain. Like an ocean ship. I'm with my dad(?), and we're trying to fix it so that it can sail again. We're climbing all around the inside and outside of the ship and we think we're good, except for two things. He goes off to do one, I go off to do the other.

My task is to check for any damage in the living quarters of the ship. I enter and am immediately emt by a little girl who's been living there alone for quite some time. She's terrified, though. She's been at the mercy of some demon-ghosts for a while now. I immediately know what she's talking about*, and mentally prepared myself. 

Now I knew how to deal with them. I could sense that there were three of them, so I began the hunt. The first one was in a bedroom. It forced my eyes and mouth closed. The trick was to give in and let it seal your lips, after which you ignore everything else and exert all your will into opening your mouth again. Then you take a deep breath and utter a single syllable, and the demon-ghost will be captured. So I did that. I captured the demon-ghost into a giant luminescent sphere. (I think it maybe even had a question mark on it...)

I did so, and the little girl was very happy. She looked like she had hope where she hadn't had any for a long time.

The other two had noticed what I'd done to the first and banded together, hoping to overpower me. I chased THEM into the ship's bathroom where they were waiting to strike. Blinded and muted once again, I had barely managed to open my mouth and take that deep breath when... I woke up.

*I'd had an earlier dream with the exact same demon-ghost things, where I was the one at their mercy. I was on a family trip, I think, in some building with two floors and... that's about all I remember about the building. But the demon-ghosts were terrifying. If you became aware of their presence, they were able to blind and mute you. If they were weak enough and you got out a good SCREAM before they took over, you could destroy them. Otherwise, you'd just have to wait until they ran away before you regained your senses.

---

So yeah that's a dream I had. I literally just woke up from it about 12 minutes ago. I think it was half-lucid with the whole opening-my-mouth thing. When I woke up my mouth was open straight into my pillow. I think I only woke up because I was having a hard time breathing. I think I only had that weird sensation of barely being ABLE to breathe because my head was facedown on my pillow...

Dreamt last night that I had become a professional fake gamer.  People would stream themselves playing a game but would pay me to be the one actually playing the game so they could look good in front of their audience.  For some reason, the location I would play the games from was once a bar which is weird because I don't drink.  It had a great setup though, nearly a dozen stations with different consoles at each one so that I could play whatever game was required.