Thompson

Dreams!

I had a dream that involved a guy named Lord Motorcycle who drove a double motorcycle.

WELP

tegan wins for dream of the year

all other dreams, pack your bags and go home

2014 is over

I had a dream that I was reading an article on Gamasutra about the challenges involved in designing free-to-play games. The CSS for wrapping the text around the inline images was kind of messed up -- not terrible, just a little hard to read in certain places.

Not really. I remember that it was pretty boring. They talked to a few people who made free-to-play games and they complained about some stuff. I remember thinking as I was reading it that it was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be.

«Thanks to you, Aurora: The Dream-Enhancing Headband by iWinks LLC has been successfully funded!»

OH YEAH DREAMWORLD HERE I COME

A... a double motorcycle? ...what is... how even... what is a double motorcycle and how does it work?

It was split perfectly evenly down the middle. The right side was a classic motorcycle like you might see a greaser in the fifties riding; the left was an (entirely fictional) experimental armoured motorcycle allegedly created by Germany during WWI.

I had a dream that I was in a Running Man style celebrity deathmatch tournament on my old university campus.  I won by crushing Paul Walker under a brick wall.

Due to my multiple viewings of the Thumbs gift opening stream before bed, I dreamt that the Thumbs were hanging out in my house.  It was kind of like my real house, except that this one had secret passages, and even a completely hidden movie theatre room.  The Thumbs were blown away as I showed them around the house, showing off things I had never seen and yet was totally familiar with.

I had a thumbs dream last night, but can't remember it. A few weeks ago I had a thumbs dream where the thumbs and I and a man who looked like my uncle were there. Mostly we talked about how remarkably like my uncle the man looked.

I wonder if dreams actually have textures, models, and materials or if they just consist of some empty game-objects and somehow the brain is fooled into never checking to see if the assets are there.

I dreamt that Idle Thumbs release 5 one hour casts on the same day. I then time traveled back to when they recorded those and it turned out they recorded them all a couple of months ago and in a restaurant. A waitress brought in the most delicious chocolate I've ever had and also for some reason this restaurant had a basketball half court and after I'd had some of the chocolate I performed the most insane dunks.

I had an Indiana Jones themed dream last night.  I don't remember the details, but it was basically Indiana Jones doing wall runs and jumps and climbing all over a temple.  It was a real life Indiana Jones (although he didn't look like Harrison Ford), but he moved like a video game character.  He had the same running, jumping, climbing, hanging, etc. animations you see in games like Assassin's Creed.  I think at one point he also jumped on a snake, except instead of being crushed the snake exploded into bits of blood like Spelunky.

I just took a nap after getting home and ended up sleeping for 2-3 hours. I had a really weird but pleasant dream, only I don't know what it was about. What I do know is that I have Separate Ways by Journey stuck in my head. I always wake up with songs stuck in my head, a lot of times songs I haven't heard in 10 years.

I had a dream last night that I was in some kind of survival horror game.  At one point I was in a cell of some kind with metal walls, when I was suddenly at a gathering of friends (none of whom I had ever met before) playing video games.  One of them started showing us a modded version of Goldeneye (the N64 version) that had a new level that involved a hidden submarine that could only be seen when looked at from a specific angle.  This led to a serious discussion about game design.  Afterwards we went out for Chinese food and then I woke up.

My dream last night included badly cooked vegetables. That's all I can remember.

I rarely remember dreams though, my sleep hasn't been the best the last few nights due to a cold though.

Last night, I dreamed that I was back working at the terrible retail job (garden center stocker!) I had when I was 15. Appropriately enough, this accurately reflects my post-grad school job prospects.

I had an early-morning, incredibly lucid dream where I got out of my bed, looked in the mirror, and all my hair was gone. It seemed to take hours for me to realize that this wasn't actually happening. 

I dreamed that I was back in high school, and I got beaten up pretty badly by a guy who used to pick on me. For some reason, everyone said it was my fault.  :getmecoat

The worst part was that I tried to fight back, but that thing happened where your punches are super slow and weak because you're dreaming and can't actually move your arms.

I think those dreams and being-chased dreams are really interesting because if I'm lucid enough, I can just willingly take the hits or get caught and then the dream antagonist loses the wind in their sails. There are a few exceptions though where I was like "Go ahead, you can't do shit." and the antagonist was like "muh-ha-ha" and then I go into a sleep-paralysis where I was awake, but I couldn't move for 15 seconds or so. That is horrifying when it happens. Still, it's neat how I can sometimes turn dreams where I am being chased into dreams where I can fly or something. The trick for me is making sure that there is no urgency to the ability to fly, if it's necessary to get away or something, I end up just jumping a lot and being like "why can't I fly? It's my dream!" My dreams tend to spit in my face when I act entitled.

I had a dream that I had given a brilliant answer on a test.  It was so brilliant that it ended up changing some theories and answering others, the kind of thing you see in movies when someone does something brilliant with math or science.  All of this was told to the class just before another test was given.  I spent so long basking in my own brilliance that I ended up with only 3 minutes left to actually take the test.  I threw down some random bullshit answers and turned the test in.  Then for some reason FreddieW called me and asked if I wanted to be in one of his videos.  I immediately agreed and walked to where they were shooting (which took about 1 minute).  As I got excited about the prospect of being an youtube star, I woke up.

I just had a dream that deeply disturbed me for reasons I don't quite understand.

I was living with my family (as is the usual case in my nightmares). The entire house had been uprooted and moved to the bottom of a deep chasm filled with mining and construction equipment, where my father had gotten a new job clearing the chasm out for some massive project. The house had also been hastily rearranged and expanded to fit the new space. All of the rooms were taller and narrower, and a griminess griminess and near-dawn dimness pervaded throughout. New staircases were everywhere. Some led to nowhere, or to locked attic trapdoors, and in one instance an upward journey inexplicably led to a workshop in the basement.

I went on a trip with my mother and a few faceless friends to a large shopping center in a tropical locale, where we had arrived not only to shop but to wish the historic launch of the largest and closest-orbiting satellite ever built. It went up all in one piece like a rocket, but it could only be seen at night.

That night I had a great difficulty sleeping. I tossed and turned but never quite fell asleep. I chatted in some IRC channel about the satellite. Some people began to insist that the satellite had never launched, and then the chat became so active that reading it was impossible (like trying to read posts in the Twitch Plays Pokémon stream). I looked up at the night sky, and saw a massive moon hidden behind a blanket of clouds. Silhouetted by it was the satellite, just a bit larger than the moon and ominously floating above. I watched it for a while, and as it passed from the moon the body of the satellite became all but invisible in the night sky. But free of the glare one could make out its function as advertising, where it appeared as a faintly illuminated brand name strategically placed amidst curiously sparse stars. It occurred to me that during the entire night, I had been hearing my brother making the usual noise of a working person in some of the other rooms but had no idea what he was doing.

As the sky began to brighten on what I now realize was my old front yard, the ground began to subtly quake. I cautiously went upstairs, where the quaking wasn't as pronounced, to  ask my parents if they felt it too. They didn't at first, but they felt it more as they descended. I noticed that the satellite was only barely visible and fading with the morning, and silently noted that nobody would believe what I had seen. We walked into the kitchen, where large grimy antique turkey pans were on most of the counter surfaces, many of them covered with sparse dripping globs of gelatinous gravy that also adorned the counters, walls, and floors. My parents felt that it looked as though the kitchen had been prepared for them, and inspection of a nearby staircase found that it was partially covered in new paint, still thick and gummy. Nobody knew who had done these things, and my brother could not be found, though I thought I saw him on a staircase.

I went to the basement workshop and out a door that led to a small but lush forest situated somewhere in the deep canyon. I took a short journey of a few minutes out before realizing I had left the door open and that any manner of exotic colourful birds, pigs, and monkeys might be trying to enter the house. I made my way back, with the house still in sight. Every time I saw an animal head for the door, I would call out to try to scare it off, but new animals became increasingly persistent each time I did so. I noticed also that I was making less and less progress as I ventured back, to the point where I found myself clambering over the slippery surfaces of thick mossy logs while screaming at distant pheasants, panicking more and more as the experience wore on.

And then I woke up.