Sign in to follow this  
MrHoatzin

New computer

Oh, wow. It is so fast it's embarrasing. 2GHz, Pentium 4, 5somethingsomething memory, not a lot, but well more than I had before. As I am writing this, I am installing Beyond Good and Evil in the background and listening to the propaganda song that I believe is in Turkish or Portugese or Albanian or Hungarian.... I have just covered all major European language groups.

Well, anyway, once I am done I will be watching the game as God (Nietzsche?) intended it to be seen: in all its Ati Radeon 9600 pro glory.

I feel lewd.

Unfortunately, I will have to go to a party later tonight, so only a little play will I have.

Prrrropaganda! ;D

I have the soundtrack right here, it's great. And I only have to listen to the 'end boss' music to feel all tense and frustrated, but that's another story... ¬ ¬

Yeah, I love that soundtrack. I love "Fun and mini-games" and "Dancing with Domz," although Propaganda is good too :)

But remember, no matter how good the music is, :nodance:

Oh, and congrats on the new computer, Kingz ;)

I bought some new PC parts, too, but never got those (by mail). I don't know if they would have been compatible anyway. It's a shame, since my current motherboard doesn't support my new amazing soundcard, and Win98 doesn't support Cubase...

Kingzstud, honey, did I ever tell you how dreamy you are? Especially now that you got a new rig? Hmmmmm? :innocent:

You mean a new pig?

:shifty: at Deadworm.

Oh, and the game looks beyond just fucking amazing... I... I am freaking out man, who wudda thunk it that my computer could render something this awe++ in realtime... It is like dope only in realtime... erm.... Whoa look at the time! I seem to have sat here all night....

Lemme see how Gothic II looks before I go to bed... or go have breakfast... whatever comes first...

Oh, and the game looks beyond just fucking amazing...

It's funny. After the initial install, the water looks great, but when I installed the patch (because the end of the game was bein' wierd), the water looks like absolute shit. So I got rid of the patch. Why?

Because game water fucking rocks.

The water still looks amazing... then again I had the patch stored in a folder from way back when I was trying to make the game run on a non-DirectX card and I installed it immediately after the game.

That's not a PC;

THIS is a PC!

AMD 64 3200+ 512mb L2 cache

ATi Radeon 9800 pro

And it's mine

all mine!

(after 6 years of piddly <= 500MHz pentiums, my face doth melt in a merry fashion. hurrah!)

freud.jpg

"Sometimes a PC is just a PC."

All that notwithstanding, my cock has been freakin' huge as of late.

jpg00000.jpg

I actually did a big upgrade last weekend too (it's not nearly as nifty as yours, I got a nice new motherboard, AMD Athlon XP 2600+ processor, 512MB DDRAM) and I bought Beyond Good & Evil too. Sadly it plays fine except all the text is screwed up and I can't seem to fix it, which totally sucks. I can't read any menus or instructions. The install process was neat though, with that propaganda song. Can't wait to play the full game, if I can ever get it working. :frusty:

I became a little more reluctant to go out ever since I acquired my new computer. It's all cooled off now, though. Congrats and have fun, Kingz! :sombrero: