Snooglebum

Japan

Rodi,

Here are the most straight places to donate.

I got these links from my wife when I asked.

http://japanplatform.org/E/index.html

http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/relief/l4/Vcms4_00002070.html

I think Red Cross in Netherlands should also have an account set up for especially Japan. Though as my dad said "I don't trust the locals to send the money to the correct place" so he gave us money and we paid it straight to Japan along with our own donation.

I followed the story on BBC radio, and it was pretty bad. All about the terrible nuclear disaster oh no etc etc. with an afterthought about the tsunami aftermath which is so much worse than any nuclear incident in history.

And Jeremey Fucking Vine... jeezus. He ran a call-in on "should we listen to what nuclear experts tell us, based on how wrong they have been in the last week?".

For. Fucks. Sake.

A billion unaccounted for? Are they including donation scams or is this actually companies like the Red Cross?

It's disgusting, but there is always people who will take advantage of a tragedy to make a quick buck, I know I got a few scam email during the Haiti incident...;(

(Avatar reaction fully implied.)

Who the fuck is that guy? I HATE HIM AND I HATE HIS VOICE AND HIS FACE. :fart: God, so annoying...

I concur. Ugh. What an asshole. (Although he has a cool voice.)

The money isn't "unaccounted" for. They're just having difficulty figuring out how to distribute it. That's a serious and real problem, and his asinine solution isn't doing anyone any favours, so he should probably just shut the fuck up.

Also, "people shouldn't use water for a week" because they're Iodine contaminated water into the Pacific Ocean...? The guy is an idiot.

(Although he has a cool voice.)

Parts of it seem to have been slightly sped up, say 110% faster.

Also, "people shouldn't use water for a week" because they're Iodine contaminated water into the Pacific Ocean...? The guy is an idiot.

:deranged:

I believe that was. . .sarcasm. As in "If you can avoid using water for a week, you'll be fine! Oh, wait. . ."

;(

Sarcasm aside, is there no truth to the fact that some humanitarian groups don't use their fund all that well? I could swear South Park did an episode mocking some humanitarian who looked like Jabba the Hut and was eating all the food intended for starving children.:erm:

:deranged:

I believe that was. . .sarcasm. As in "If you can avoid using water for a week, you'll be fine! Oh, wait. . ."

;(

Yes, I think the sarcasm comes from the fact that humans can't survive without water for a week. Yet we're talking about the Pacific Ocean... and the vast majority of Japan's water supply does not come from the sea.

What, you'd let facts get in the way of a terrible, horrible joke?

Yes, I think the sarcasm comes from the fact that humans can't survive without water for a week. Yet we're talking about the Pacific Ocean... and the vast majority of Japan's water supply does not come from the sea.

Hmm, fair enough.