ThunderPeel2001

The Idle Thumbs Acheivements Leaderboard

I like how they casually point out an inherent flaw in their system. I am now going to buy all the most horrible and boring games that nobody wants to play.

Yeah, you can't lose! Well, unless you count "losing" as spending tens of hours of your life playing tripe in order to get to the top of the Idle Thumbs Leaderboard :hmph:

Achievements are great for me at the moment. I'm not remotely interested in my overall score, but I am interested in squeezing more life out of old games I own. Some achievements are really satisfying to unlock.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Who' is DNyeal? I got a friend request. Is it anyone here?

Denial probably.

Who' is DNyeal? I got a friend request. Is it anyone here?

You fucked up the apostrophy (see what I did there? :getmecoat)

Whoever it is belongs to over 200 user leaderboards. :shifty:

Well it's now one less. Also, I've made the leaderboard "Request only" -- Hopefully everyone on it can still see it?

If there's anyone who doesn't look familiar, let me know.

If I was on this list, I would be #5.

But I'm not.

I am not on this list.

Also, I figured out why I'm enjoying achievements so much, lately. As I can't afford to buy new games, they're breathing new life into old ones for me. Much fun!

My favourite thing about achievements too. Always nice to dig a game out, even for half an hour to run over/shoot/speechify the appropriate number of dudes.

Because the gap between 4th and 5th is about 20 thousand points and that is a lot of time and effort.

The 360 version of that is apparently not being released in NA, i'm kind of bummed out about that.

Thank god for rising star games!

www.risingstargames.com

Without them the uk would have missed out on a lot of niche titles

They have a North American branch too now, they brought out Akai Katana here. (Which is an incredible game, easily the best 2d shooter i've played this entire console generation.)

For whatever reason, unless i've been completely misinformed, they've elected to only release the PS3 version of Under Defeat HD in North America.

What's going on? Did somebody say "niche titles"? What's this about America not getting them? Can someone explain these things to me? Thanks.

Under Defeat HD is a remake of a G.Rev-developed 2d scrolling shooter from the Dreamcast days, and Rising Star Games will be releasing it on both PS3 and 360 in Europe, but only on PS3 in North America. It's the kind of thing that myself and literally dozens of other people would care about and be bothered by. (So virtually nobody, i'm saying.)

Additional explanation: G.Rev is a noted developer of such games with a long history including collaborations with Treasure of Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun fame. Rising Star Games is a very small publisher that has frequently brought a lot of these ultra-niche games to Europe and recently opened a North American branch as well. (Their first release was Cave's Akai Katana, which is, again, an incredible game.)

Shoot em ups.

The topic is shoot em ups.

GREV also made the massively underrated Senko No Ronde.

YES. That game is completely wonderful.

It made me so sad to see western reviews shit all over it when Ubisoft brought it over, we will likely never see its sequel get an international release because of that.