mikemariano

Giant Bomb Live! — Idle Thumbs Reunion!

I missed the song, but this is pretty awesome! I assume this will show up in their podcast later?

Patrick Klepek really Leigh Alexandered that thumb's appearance.

It's always great to hear games journalists speculate on the game developer's job market, talking over a table full of people who work on games.

Patrick Klepek really Leigh Alexandered that thumb's appearance.

Remo's asking price hit 8 figures per 'cast?

I uploaded most of it to YouTube. Unfortunately, I only hit record after Tiny Space Asshole was over, and the recording stuttered and cut out for the last few minutes. But here's 17 minutes of it:

I uploaded most of it to YouTube. Unfortunately, I only hit record after Tiny Space Asshole was over, and the recording stuttered and cut out for the last few minutes. But here's 17 minutes of it:

Dude, thank you. That was awesome.

Also I agree about Klepek / I actually decided to stop following him on Twitter today. Something about his personality rubs me up the wrong way.

Klepek was likely drunk, but it does suck that he wouldn't keep quiet. Never seen what the Idle Thumbs guys looked like before, it blew me away (ign.com).

Watched it live. Saw a tiny Remo play Space Asshole while Jake and Famous looked on, accompanied by tinier dancing man. Magical, that is to say, interesting.

Also I need a conf grenade blasting over my face. Maybe a special expansion PAX???!

This sounds like that fanfic I wrote once.

(PS: That link now goes to the archived version of the stream, just hit play and skip 16 mins in.)

Dude, thank you. That was awesome.

Also I agree about Klepek / I actually decided to stop following him on Twitter today. Something about his personality rubs me up the wrong way.

I mostly blame Gerstmann. They've got to rein in these giant event podcasts, and limit who's on mic. If someone's already been on in another segment, just don't put them back on if you're bringing in new guests. It just becomes a clown car, and either people are bored, and not able to talk, or they're obnoxious.

That cast should have been Brad, Jeff, and thumbs.

That was quite a messy podcast in many ways. Would've wanted to have Jake and Vanaman plus Chris there for a longer time.

Space Asshole was nice! :tup:

The chairs looked really uncomfortable, no wonder Chris changed his for the second part.

So any of the thumbs guys returning for the second podcast they mentioned at the end of part 2?

Hmmm... this http://www.justin.tv/jetku/b/280774631

seems to have two parts, but both are the same video (2h)

Where's the part with Jake and the Bandanaman?

[edit] uh, where did I get that link? nevermind, I see that the one posted earlier is different and has two parts

This amuses me:

@leighalexander @chrisremo also this game up in my alerts today. "Klepek really Leigh Alexandered that thumb's appearance." you are welcome
@patrickklepek @chrisremo sweet, i'm a verb

I would totally make out with Vanaman. Not because I want a job or anything. Just because.

This amuses me:

lol, this forum's got serious Google juice I'm not surprised.

This amuses me:

I'm totally out of the loop on my game journalist inside info. I've seen Leigh Alexander's byline on Rock, Paper, Shotgun but I don't know why he is considered an attention hog or worthy of verb-ization.

Is this Kane and Lynch related? One of those guys in the video last night was involved in some Kane and Lynch thing, right? Why does Leigh Alexander hate Kane and Lynch?

I'm totally out of the loop on my game journalist inside info. I've seen Leigh Alexander's byline on Rock, Paper, Shotgun but I don't know why he is considered an attention hog or worthy of verb-ization.

Is this Kane and Lynch related? One of those guys in the video last night was involved in some Kane and Lynch thing, right? Why does Leigh Alexander hate Kane and Lynch?

It's from a GiantBomb podcast at an E3.

11_ywaTT-MY

That's a small sample of it.

Meh... what a mess, sounds like a conversation between drunken friends in a bar.

I love Idle Thumbs. I did not live that because of the dickwavery between...the non thumbs/bombcast guys. Also, my girlfriend walked in as I said out loud "Hey wait, where's my hot scoops at"

Cringe

It's from a GiantBomb podcast at an E3.

That's a small sample of it.

Yeah, and apparently she was possibly worse the year before that. Whenever Paul Barnett sounds like the most calm reasonable guy in the room, you know you're in a train wreck. I think the problem was she didn't realize what people were listening for and treated it as a party night with her friends.

Patrick at least realized that everyone was talking over each other and that it might sound like shit for the audience. Again I think it's the hosts responsibility to restrict the number of mic's given out. Have a constant rotation going on, the 1up Yours pool podcasts were able to squeeze in a ton of guests without feeling crowded.