Erkki

Overgrowth

Didn't find any thread for this. This game is going to be sweet. I played Lugaru a bit, but thought it was just an interesting idea with mediocre execution. But it seems in Overgrowth the execution will be much better. I love the amount of time they are spending on little details like eye movement.

woRoM-9oH0o

Oh, and apparently if you preorder, you'll get to try the things you saw in that video already. It's interesting that several indie devs seem to be taking this route nowadays -- pre-order and you'll get access to (pre-)alpha stuff. I think that started before Minecraft, even?

That looks interesting... what sort of a game is it? Looks like a MMO beat-em-up or something.

It's (currently) a single-player story-based physics fighter. The combos in Lugaru were pretty simple and obvious to pull off, and from the Alpha, these seem to be the same way. I have it as a result of pre-ordering NS2, so that was cool of Wolfire.

That said, I believe there was talk of some sort of multiplayer.

Hmm... I pre-ordered and tried the alpha. The combat is quite fun, but it's worrying that after all this development time that's all there is. They just seem to keep polishing this one thing. I don't know, it might be good to do that since that's the core of the game.

After hours of goofing around in the pre-alpha, I can claim with 96% certainty that lagomorph-based melee combat is the future of video games! :tup:

I've been following this for a while (I think I came across it after the first humble indie bundle) and preordered a month or two ago. I can confirm it is :tup:

As much as I think the game will be cool, I'm actually more excited by the modding tools that are being built in though. They're looking :tup::tup:

Tried to fight unarmed against a sword-wielding opponent, and made another video. My video editing skills suck, but whatever...

3phTuUoUtpU

While the combat of Lugaru and Overgrowth is intuitive, it is by no means easy. I was stuck on the Lugaru mission that pits you against 3 wolves for a solid week.

Yeah, Lugaru was hard from what I remember. Overgrowth seems a little easier, but maybe it's just because it isn't done yet. Some of the alpha videos mention things that have already made it harder. I've only played alpha149.

While the combat of Lugaru and Overgrowth is intuitive, it is by no means easy.

This comment prompted me to try the Lugaru demo again. Man, it feels like complete crap after trying Overgrowth. The controls are awfully complex and I can barely pull off any moves.

Overgrowth seems MUCH better. Of course, it's still not easy and I get beaten as much as I win brawls, but at least I can easily do most of the moves. Again, that could be because not everything is implemented yet, but I assume it will play much, much better than Lugaru.

That's the feeling I get from it as well. Polished. Which is a good thing, when you're making a game like this. 3d brawlers in which one slip-up kills you need to be well controlled.

So how about those rabbi- OH GOD MY NECK.

Q6Jlc44_98Y&

I haven't messed around with the alpha for months, but since throwing knives were hilarious in Lugaru, looks like it's time to try it again.

I just can't get sneaking up on people down. Heh. This on the other hand, is awesome.

9duxYk5Lw9w&

Edited by Orvidos

Hey the new 2d camera makes this into a streetfighter clone! Must try the newest alpha again.

hif9XTX2lns