Sign in to follow this  
Drath

Why So Serious Sam 3?

Ok, so I have 3,5 levels to go till saturday. The first 3 took me a year :/

I spoiled myself a little by looking at the wiki, Sam doesn't go a long distance in this game does he?

If we end up with a big enough crowd interested in doing Serious Sam co-op, would anybody be interested in going through Second Encounter HD as well? Do enough of us have it?

This past weekend was a music festival, and the next is my 6th anniversary with my partner, but other than those two weekends I should hopefully be able to work something out. My schedule is hell of messed up until two weeks from now, when I go into "prep for the school year" mode and can't work the coffee shop any more. That said, any games I'm available for I'd be in for, and I do have Second Encounter HD.

I have all seriousness, so yeah, I'm up for SSSEHD after SS3BFE (we can also do SS3JOTN after S3BFE)

I have the SS3 add-on myself, but I don't think many of us do.

Indeed I do not have the add-on, but I do have Second Encounter.

I really have no idea how I got Jewel of the Nile, I though it was simply a free extra.

Nope, it's a paid add-on. It looks like Croteam also did a level pack for SSSEHD.

I think i have everything though, i picked up SS3 along with the entire rest of the series for ten bucks during one of the flash sales.

Speaking of which, Serious Sam: Double D is a weird, awesome game.

Giant frankenstein guns assembled out of chainsaws and machineguns and shotguns, dead enemies piling up into climbable towers, and the ability to summon jump pads on command. (Affixing to any surface and even affecting enemies.)

Ding dong, the witch is dead.

I'm up to speed for next co-op session.

Who is available for this right now?

Lu just told me that he won't be able to make it.

Perhaps we should put this off for now.

what!?... I put so much effort into getting to this point in SS3... just kidding.

Anyway, I'm up for it. So if there's more people we could just leave Lu behind, otherwise we just reschedule.

Well... that was fun :tup: The last level was classically Serious Sam.

My credit roll at the end was cut short in a rather weird way. I suddenly fell to the ground, while the credits where rolling, on the ground I was met by a red mech who shot me in the face, instantly killing me and sending me back to the menu.

So yeah, if you guys are interested, i'm totally up for SSSEHD as a followup for this.

Second Encounter's easily the best game in the series.

SE is with the warlock and the cathedral at the end right? The part where the weather turns and the meteor shower starts is one of the best game moments ever.

Well... that didn't go as well :)

We cleared only 1 level (after 2 tries). The SS-HD games are really much more difficult than SS3 is.

Heh, i forgot that there's a lot of easy deaths at the hands of SSSE's map gimmicks.

Coin-op co-op might be a bit more difficult than it was in SS3.