Sign in to follow this  
Drath

Why So Serious Sam 3?

I'd be into doing some Serious Sam co-op.

What'd be a good day for something like this?

I would enjoy that, but realistically finding a time that works with all y'all's schedules would be difficult. If I can though, in.

What'd be a good day for something like this?

Given timezone differences, probably sometime on the weekend?

I'm PST, and can generally do most days at 6pm PST or later. I know that makes it hard for east coasters though, so yeah, maybe weekend is best.

Mountain, so only an hour ahead of you guys. I was more worried about our European folks though.

Yeah, I'm on lowland time. (currently known as CEST)

Using http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ around 19:00 UTC will probably be the most suitable time for most (in the weekend). That's 13:00 in mountain time, and 21:00 in CEST time.

Who has the best connection for hosting, or do we just want to move in and take over one of the dedicated servers still running for the game?

Any opinions on rules? Infinite respawns or limited lives, how about which difficulty level?

I'm a fan of limited lives, i think the game gets boring if you can just brute force it with infinite respawning.

When I used to co-op SSFE and SSSE I usually used max difficulty and infinite lives. It was still a challenge to get to the next level.

I'd be worried about it feeling like a grind if there's no failstate, but everybody's just been whittled down to pistols and melee.

I don't know how difficult "insane" is in SS3, and it also depends a bit on the number of players. It also depends a bit on the people's play style.

I remember cooping with random people at some point, but they were only interested in running to the level exit.

So, is anybody still interested in doing this?

Steam's community section seems to be down, so i don't know if i can add you right now.

It's back up and I sent friend invites!

YEA.

Better than I thought. It took a while for it to warm up and start feeling like Serious Sam again. I guess my biggest criticism so far is that it's a little one-note in terms of environments and level design, especially after teasing some pretty nifty looking scifi stuff.

So same time next saturday, and probably finish the game?

The best stuff in the game is still ahead, i feel.

Hopefully I will be able to join next saturday.

Up to where did you play? Maybe I can catch up in single player (I'm currently in the level after the airship boss battle).

We finished up to and including The Dark Bride, so... more than half of the game, but only a few levels on from that boss battle with the space cruiser.