Sign in to follow this  
twmac

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Well I was going to call it Operation Thumbpoint: Idle Rising but I am not sure anyone is even interested in this game.

Am playing it on the X360 and having a blast, the tension in Co-Op with the 'Any second now and you will die' feel is awesome. Plus, there are moments for emergent gameplay, only in Multiplayer.

It is going for about 14 dollars in most retail places so if anyone would be interested in some multiplayer in, say, a couple of weeks when I have internet again. Let me know.

hahah yeah, figured as much.

Typical, I have to pick a game that no one has any interest in.

Me too. Also, the game is fucking terrible; an unfinished, buggy mess. :tdown:

If you hop over to PC and get ArmA2 though, I'll play with you anytime! :tup: You might be familiar with it. It's the same type of game except 10 times better.

Me too. Also, the game is fucking terrible; an unfinished, buggy mess. :tdown:

If you hop over to PC and get ArmA2 though, I'll play with you anytime! :tup: You might be familiar with it. It's the same type of game except 10 times better.

I'm always up for some ArmA2!

I was told to buy Arma2, and then I did and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED SINCE.

Back when you and that asshole doctor guy were all "ooh we should play arma2 or whatever buy it toblix buy it"

I smell a night coming where I shoot at dots on the screen and don't hit any of them. Then crash a helicopter into a boat. Oh ArmA, you thing you.

I was playing the ArmA 2 demo, and was running across a field with my squad when something hit me and I fell to the ground. It wouldn't let me stand up anymore but I didn't seem to be dying. So instead of reloading, I tried to see what I could do.

My entire squad ran ahead of me.

I tried the radio a hundred times and for some reason couldn't call for help.

When another squad ran by, I fired my gun into the air a few times to get their attention- nothing.

I pressed every button on my keyboard. Some multiple times.

I eventually gave up and crawled for 15 real-life minutes to a nearby road, where I waited for a car to pass by. Eventually a truck drove up, and ignoring my gestures drove right over me. I passed safely between the tires.

I waited 5 more minutes, no other cars came by.

I crawled for 10 more minutes to a nearby farm. There was a pickup truck there, so I started crawling towards it. Suddenly three armed russians came out and shot me with no warning.

That was my half hour in ArmA 2.

The demo has never been updated past the launch day build, as as such, is not indicative of what the actual game is like today.

actually I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. I would have reloaded if it was pissing me off. it was just complicated, confusing, and kind of funny.

I have found a few people on X360, and it is absolutely awesome fun.

I will fully concede that it is dumbed down for the Console fans in contrast to the first Operation Flashpoint, but I don't care.

The fact that there are divergent paths within a mission, that you don't outright fail for most of the objectives. The freedom to move within a map as you see fit... Man, I am absolutely loving this game.

would like to play Arma2, but I don't play PC games, sounds pretty rad though.

I would totally be down for some ArmA II, I have the original and love it even though I never got into the co-op side of things. I have been meaning to get Operation Arrowhead because it looks rad but the life of a poor student doesn't let me shell out chucks of money very often.

So if anyone wants to run through a nice looking forest and then get shot at by someone we cant see, fumble around on the keyboard and throw a grenade at the ground and blow up (how most ArmA II related things go for me) hit me up!

Definitely up for shooting at small guys a mile away! My Steam info should be in the relevant thread.

Man, don't rub it in ;)

And open up a proper thread/re-ignite the old thread.